Rape affects almost 20% of US women, study says

I really like the shoshanna stern video..sends a great message

In my town of four square miles the rate is so high that I'm not allowed to visit friends and i cant go down the street without both of my brothers. And I get so scared when every i see a guy walking on the same side of the street as me, that i cant walk strait. I fear that cars are going to stop next to me.

I just wish we'd have the freedom to go wherever we want to go without having to worry about a chance of being robbed or raped. We shouldn't have to learn how to defend ourselves. We should be able to walk anywhere we want and wear what we want.

People can be so heartless sometimes.

No? I think I'm not make it clear... I have know that there men aren't respect to leave women alone however.... I know it sound disgusting. There are several amount of false rape reports because people look at women as pity. I'm not saying that happen often but, it can happen.

Here is example
Woman jailed over false rape claim | UK news | guardian.co.uk

As if some of them are false and women got away with it.

:roll: What does that have to do with women who were actually raped and you say we deserved it? Women who "lie" are very rare and they're usually caught, but for women who were actually raped... You sound pretty insensitive right now and trying to show another perspective that is barely related to the actual situation. A lot of women ARE raped, even go unreported. I know because of my personal experience.

You just really annoy me right now. Look at this thread, discuss things that are actually related to it, not about pathological liars who are clearly caught... Sure there are some sickos out there who will claim that they were raped just to gain attention, but that shouldn't take your attention away from people who were actually raped.

What if a woman was actually raped and you think she's just lying? That's just plain cold. Don't EVER EVER EVER tell us that some of us deserved it. Don't let that news article affect your thinking.

No? I think I'm not make it clear... I have know that there men aren't respect to leave women alone however.... I know it sound disgusting. There are several amount of false rape reports because people look at women as pity. I'm not saying that happen often but, it can happen.

Here is example
Woman jailed over false rape claim | UK news | guardian.co.uk

As if some of them are false and women got away with it.

I glad that woman go jail. First rule be woman is you NOT LIE about rape. Never. No circumstance. This why so many people not believe when someone actually rape.

I just wish we'd have the freedom to go wherever we want to go without having to worry about a chance of being robbed or raped. We shouldn't have to learn how to defend ourselves. We should be able to walk anywhere we want and wear what we want.

People can be so heartless sometimes.

well i not trying badmouth all men. but some act so fucking like animal and no respecting for women. i does livng in dangerous area. if i wearing sexy cloth, then men go crazy and trying talk me or touch. it piss me off. some men not know how behave around women, bec they unable control lust in mind. they follow their "D". it very sad thing women is always worry about their safe.

When I reported my incident, the police officer who took the report told me it was my fault for putting myself in that position.

Even law enforcement needs more education on rape culture.

To the men out there, when a woman wears sexy clothes, it DOES NOT mean she wants sex from you. To the men who think that way, get over yourselves!

When I reported my incident, the police officer who took the report told me it was my fault for putting myself in that position.

Wow! I would have totally slapped him right on the spot and been arrested for assault or something.

Good grief. It is astonishing how people are so willing to blame the victims.

Yes, they absolutely do. I have encountered some insensitive clods in my work with the SART team. I have also encountered some who actually get it, though.

"Society Teaches 'Don't Get Raped'" is nothing really helpful.

Lapaoo is right. If you see someone is half-naked, don't ever rape her. Control yourself! Don't tell me, 'Oh, well, some men can't help themselves' bullshit. If someone just runs during midnight for some exercise, don't do something stupid against her. Let her have a good time. If she drunks at bar or somewhere else, that doesn't mean it give you a right to fuck her up! (Of course, it does apply to men but still...) As Lapaoo said, we should have the freedom to go wherever we want to go without having to worry about a chance of being robbed or raped. Because it is the must!

No more blaming on victims, please. Blaming rapists only because it is all of his wrongdoings. Why defend rapists??

Wirelessly posted (droid)

The men who blame the victim are asserting male privilege. Some men feel threatened by the idea that women have any power (in this case credibility, or being believed). Of course, secure men don't do this. This is a good indicator of character from which a woman can determine if a man is worthy of her attention. Poweron, have you considered whether your attitude about women causes your lack of success with women? You may be shooting yourself in the foot.

I have never force myself on a woman. Should I be proud of myself?

But you have disgraced women by calling a woman a whore for having sex. You are continuing this degrading of women.

I have never force myself on a woman. Should I be proud of myself?

You make me sick. Your attitude towards women is disgusting. I have no respect for you at all because we try to educate you to be a better man, but nooo... You're too ignorant and stupid to realize that what you're saying is completely offensive.

Ps. I know some "rednecks" who are a whole lot better than you.

Hmm...more than 2 females in my immediate family were raped before they were 17.

Well, not to mention but immediate ADer in this thread used to im me via AIM messenger: Hey, I will rape you bitch!" in 2006.

Back