Random Vents.....

I found a six-inches long hair in my ham and cheese sandwich that I ordered from the work cafeteria for lunch and it ultimately killed my appetite. I do not think I will order any sandwiches from them again. :mad:

When I took my son out for supper last night, there was a strand of hair in his glass of water. It was gross! And this was a nice restaurant too.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

I got a glass with lipstick on it recently. Gross!

Goodness Gracious and great balls of fire!....Don't the workers use hair nets?....ahhh...bet you just threw it in the garbage....should have taken it to the cafeteria manager or ur boss!

I already wrote a letter to their manager and the letter ended with "Very unappreciated, (my name)"

I dont think anyone lied...I didn't see your post in either those threads. Economy boring, never go in. Cats, went once but don't like cats so never go back. Never see you post in there...truth. (((((hugs)))))

I did not go to either thread. Assume it was in this thread but could not find.

i hate when people mistake me for 15 :mad:

i'm 20 friggin years old.

Last edited:
Trust me. In your 40's, you'll appreciate that you look younger than you really are. Never liked it when I was younger. Now, people always think that I'm much younger than I am. Of course, it sucks when someone says "I had no idea that you were so OLD!" like I'm the cyrpt keeper.

Trust me. In your 40's, you'll appreciate that you look younger than you really are. Never liked it when I was younger. Now, people always think that I'm much younger than I am. Of course, it sucks when someone says "I had no idea that you were so OLD!" like I'm the cyrpt keeper.

I was IDd at liquor store 4 years ago. I'm 46 and grandma to five and another on the way. :giggle:

I have a friend named Vince who always says weird stuff out of the blue. We call him Random Vince.

My first ASL test is in the morning and I'm nervous cos my teacher is super cute and I tend to forget things when I'm looking at him. :ohno:

Okay, I have a vent here

Today was my advising and regristration on university that I was admitted. I went with my father. Okay, at every meeting with any staff or advisor, he just does not let me to talk or ask question to any of them at all. I had to struggle to ask question to them. Worst part is that he goes around telling people that I am" hearing impaired" girl. I managed to tell one of staff that I am deaf, but once my father heard that,he "shushhing"me every time I tried to tell I am deaf to others. And whenever a person come to talk to me, he is like oh what did you ask her? tell me too. and yes she is hearing impaired. Okay I understand that everyone need to know that I am deaf,but not to every person I meet, and he does not have to always say it, I can say it too. Why he is doing that? I am frustrated over his behaviour. It is like he is not letting me to do anything because he think deaf make people dumb.:roll: He is normally good at me(I love him) but whenever at outside, he only see deaf in me, not the real me. It hurt me to no end!grrr

He is probably having trouble accepting that you are a young adult and he has to let go. Parents have trouble adjusting to such a big change. He's probably trying to protect you even though you don't need his protection. You're going to have to set adult boundaries as kindly as you can. My son has to remind me that he's not a kid anymore. I know that we love each other and we're figuring out how to move into a adult-adult relationship. Going to university will give you more independence and you will both adjust.

A short rant. A family member told me that my voice is too loud, even when I'm wearing my HAs. It's hard for me to talk when I can't hear myself. Even though I know it's true, it hurt my feelings. It brings up the fact that my hearing loss is getting worse. Sometimes, I think that I'm adjusting well, and then I'm not. I need to figure out how to deal with the emotions I'm having and how to work with people so that I'm not so frustrated. Thanks for listening. I know that many people here can relate and that alone makes me feel better.

sallylou, I know, he still sees me as a kid. I got that. I dont show any anger to him in any form(though i do get angry inside) I respect him as he is my family. I am just venting out my frustration here but I understand that. But he is stressing out little bit far.

I know. I was venting a bit too. It's hard letting go of my own kid. I'm so happy for him but I know how much we will all miss him when he leaves. Moms are never ready for the birdies to leave the nest.

Uh Uh, I dont even want to get the idea of being a mother. I am usually the type when I like something very much, I never let it go.hehe.

Back