R u man enough to drive a stick shift or wimp out and drive automatics?

Stick Shifts or Automatics?

• I'm a stick shift driver

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • I would rather have an automatic

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • Well Im riding the bus cuz I got either no car or no opinion

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
:Ohno:
:ugh: ~ shifts...

no way...
I'm af-r-r-raid shifts... stuck in my head.. Thanks to my man!
:fu2: Yes.. he is..

I ain't going for shifts... I'd rather stick w/automatic permantly.. :D

easy

whats the big deal about a stick?so freaking easy its a joke! i drove my moms car when i was 8. she only has sticks..hates automatic.
as for my self ..i love motorcycles and they are all manual shifting,witha few oddball autos made 20 years ago...

I love shift stick. But now I cant cuz I would kill me with my hip hurting me from time to time. So I ended up automatic and it stop the hurting. :(

stick shift

Love those shifts.... and love rollin the tires on shifts.... last time i had a shift was back in 96 now im lookin for a truck with shift.. now i have a tbird but lookin for a mini truck with a shift.. first time i learned a shift was on my papaws 72 GMC truck with 454 and 4 spd
desgined for 396-454 with 11 and half flywheel and clutch wooooooo!! lol i was 10 that time and hard then later on it became easier

Ah, I see that there is no vote for : I used to use shift but am using automatic :) I had to buy automatic because of my partner who does not know how to use shift. We trade cars sometime because I have a 'family' car (Buick Rendezvous) which is bigger than hers (Volkswagon Jetta). We use my car for vacation or pick up bunch of kids.

Well, first of of all the only thing man about me is the rib god swapped over. Second I love to drive a stick. So, I guess you could say that I'm woman enough :whistle:

I drive a 3 spd pick up truck at work, just drove it today to the landfil and sadly my car is automatic. I'm hoping for a stick shift on my next vehicle.

But yea i prefer stick shift tho.

I have a car that's manual now.. the car before was a stick shift.. I loved it!!! so yeah i know how to do stick shift. I even know how to do standard on a bike an atv.. :fruit:

diehardbiker65 said:
Until 1995, vehicles with manual tranny saves more gas than automatics, but after that, it isnt true anymore! Both tranny have about equal mileage...

Yep, that is the case nowadays. I wondered when somebody would point this out.

I can drive the stick but don't anymore. :( My wife can't do a stick and we need to be able to switch vehicles at times. Oh well... *Sigh*...

My first car was a 95 jeep which it was stick shift. I learn to drive stick from my father.

shift is my enemy i failed on that ugh automically is fine with me i am better with it

~Heather~ said:
:madfawk: @ stick shift :ugh:

My dad tried to teach me how to drive with stick shift -- fucking impossible for him to teach me while Im doing those shit...you know, Im deaf, my father is hearing and knows little signs so I had to read his lips.... I got to watch him tell me how to do this and that while Im trying to learn how to use stick shift and brake at the same time. Oh :madfawk: that!!

I just HATE stick shift...I know it save your gas but :ugh:

Im driving automatic and rather to stick with automatic...its easier for me and not worry about it unlike stick shift that you have to move up/down all the time :ugh:

that story is same me!!! my step dad is hearing and i am deaf he geature me and speak same time i do undy him but still stick shift confused me and i end up speed up on dirty rock road by accidently when i turn right ugh...let :rl: at stick shift.....true it does save gas but i rather stick to automatic cuz more easier for me and dont have to think "do i have to go up or down or right or left or whatever" lol

I am SO clueless about how to function a shift stick. I mean I've had some days where my dad or stepfather tried to teach me couple of times to work it out with a shift stick and every time I tried to do it, It tends to stall on me which frustrates me.

The weird thing is that, I can master the shift on a 4 wheeler but not on the vechile, How weird is that?

So, I'm gonna stick to the automatic for now. Perhaps when time comes, I could be willing to learn how to do that, only if I don't get frustrated and give up so easily. It seems to be a trademark of mine when I get so frustrated, I tend to give up and move onto something else.

I love manual, it excite me and it kind help me keep awake in morning to keep my body motive :)

It is a real pain the neck for me to drive a manual because I have to change it when the red light turns stop, or drive to turn left or right. It is just too much work.

My mom gave me her truck when she bought a new car when I was 16 years old. It was manual so I had no choice if I wanted to drive it to school and show off that I had my own wheels. :giggle:

I can do both but automatic is easier. I hate driving with a stick in rush hour traffic cuz have to constantly change gears like every min or so. If I was traveling a long distance without too many stops, then I enjoy driving with a stick shift.

My uncle always told me when I was bitching about learning how to drive with a stick that it is best to learn how to drive manually cuz once u do, u can drive any vehicle which is a good idea in case for emergencies. Good advice. :)

My mom gave me her truck when she bought a new car when I was 16 years old. It was manual so I had no choice if I wanted to drive it to school and show off that I had my own wheels. :giggle:

I can do both but automatic is easier. I hate driving with a stick in rush hour traffic cuz have to constantly change gears like every min or so. If I was traveling a long distance without too many stops, then I enjoy driving with a stick shift.

My uncle always told me when I was bitching about learning how to drive with a stick that it is best to learn how to drive manually cuz once u do, u can drive any vehicle which is a good idea in case for emergencies. Good advice. :)

True, we won't let my 17 years old daughter to drive automatic, she must learn stick FIRST!! She understand our explanation why its is good to learn both, like what your Uncle's was saying to you.

Back