R u man enough to drive a stick shift or wimp out and drive automatics?

Stick Shifts or Automatics?

• I'm a stick shift driver

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • I would rather have an automatic

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • Well Im riding the bus cuz I got either no car or no opinion

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
Originally posted by ~Heather~
:madfawk: @ stick shift :ugh:

My dad tried to teach me how to drive with stick shift -- fucking impossible for him to teach me while Im doing those shit...you know, Im deaf, my father is hearing and knows little signs so I had to read his lips.... I got to watch him tell me how to do this and that while Im trying to learn how to use stick shift and brake at the same time. Oh :madfawk: that!!

I just HATE stick shift...I know it save your gas but :ugh:

Im driving automatic and rather to stick with automatic...its easier for me and not worry about it unlike stick shift that you have to move up/down all the time :ugh:

Just don't give up. I know it seems frustrating to you at first. After you get used to it...it'll be so smooth..and naturally.

Trust me...my first year was like an hell because of how my dad critized how I drove. When I got my new truck...my dad went with me after I had several months of praticing..my dad was suprised that I was real good at it. Better than having it jerking when I start to go from a complete stop....or even having problems going backward while on the hill. heh..

Originally posted by SilenceGold
Just don't give up. I know it seems frustrating to you at first. After you get used to it...it'll be so smooth..and naturally.

Trust me...my first year was like an hell because of how my dad critized how I drove. When I got my new truck...my dad went with me after I had several months of praticing..my dad was suprised that I was real good at it. Better than having it jerking when I start to go from a complete stop....or even having problems going backward while on the hill. heh..

:laugh2: :laugh2: yea... my step dad was the meanest instructor ! cuz he kept telling how better he shifted than i did. if i drove over the speed limit, he pulled my first car, vw jetta's parking brake ! and told me to slow down ! in years later, he rode with me when i had truck with 5 speed and i told him that i drove MUCH smoother than he did. he said nuthin', but smiled.

[edit: grammer corrected]

Last edited:
Originally posted by deafclimber
:laugh2: :laugh2: yea... my step dad was the meanest instructor ! cuz he kept telling how better he shifted than i did. if i drove over the speed limit, he pulled my first car, vw jetta, parking brake ! and told me to slow down ! in years later, he rode with me when i had truck with 5 speed and i told him that i drove MUCH smoother than he did. he said nuthin', but smiled.

:rofl:

My dad would just tug on me if I drive too fast. He'll say, "Look how fast is that speed limit sign saying?" He still does that. I just point at my radar detector and ask him, "Why do you think I have this?"

He hates my quote, "It ain't illegal if you don't get caught."

My dad forced me to learn how to stick shift before I drive automatic. Thank to him.

Originally posted by Justin Sane
My dad forced me to learn how to stick shift before I drive automatic. Thank to him.

Yep, it paid off to have a great stubborn dad. :p

Same here. My dad taught me how to drive with stick before driving automatic. :thumb:

this reminds me my 1st teacher was me daddy. I 1st learned how to do it in a 81 Ford truck with 1st gear that was Granny Gear and I had my share of cussings n yellings if I fucked up a shift.

Not only did I use the truck and a beat up Jeep for practice, I also practiced my skills on a video game that I cant remmy its name now, but it had clutch and stick and it was pretty useful allowing me to practice a lot without either blowing up the motor or wrecking the truck n Jeep.

I might do the same thing if I had kids though.

My daughter is the next victim. I am going to buy her a go-kart before her first tricycle. :twisted:

Same here. My parents who used to have a shickshift (both cars) my dad said DRIVE IT. I said this stick, eh? I was only 15 1/2 with permit. My sister sat the front with me and my parents were sitting in the back. My mom scared how I drive :roll:

My daughter is the next victim. I am going to buy her a go-kart before her first tricycle. :twisted:

I built one that uses a lawnmower motor. It's 2 strokes with only 8.5 hp. :p

I have been shift man since 17 years old. when I become more older, I feel it's time for me to buy an automatic car becuz I live near city there. it's too much hassle for me when I was in jammed traffic like stop , go , stop , go , stop I felt under stress!grrrrr.. :mad2:

My dad 's shift man for a long time. He taught me to do shift and everything. I learned until I got it just like two days. :D Same ideas as Motorcycle's shift.

Last edited:
I built one that uses a lawnmower motor. It's 2 strokes with only 8.5 hp. :p

Haha, yeah.. when I was kid, my dad help me build one with Rupp snowmobile engine. 45 hp at the crank. :twisted:

so my dad decided it was way too fast, and took rid of it but he still have that rupp engine.

Haha, yeah.. when I was kid, my dad help me build one with Rupp snowmobile engine. 45 hp at the crank. :twisted:

so my dad decided it was way too fast, and took rid of it but he still have that rupp engine.

Yea, might flip back with all that horsepower.

It would rock to be in that competition where you go up the hill on a dirt bike..but instead a snowmobile competition to go as high as possible on a very steep hill.

Yea, might flip back with all that horsepower.

It would rock to be in that competition where you go up the hill on a dirt bike..but instead a snowmobile competition to go as high as possible on a very steep hill.
yeah but lucky tail of my gokart is longer, If I still have it, I would just put on a wheelie bars. :twisted:

one mistake I did with it was that frame was too narrow, which if you skid, 100% guarantee that you will flip. But we threw it out before anything happens to us. It was way too insane.

yeah but lucky tail of my gokart is longer, If I still have it, I would just put on a wheelie bars. :twisted:

one mistake I did with it was that frame was too narrow, which if you skid, 100% guarantee that you will flip. But we threw it out before anything happens to us. It was way too insane.

I can imagine you flipping over sideway. :rofl:

ofc i can drive stick shift it so easy pieces of cake... i love the part when a car with front wheel drive so i put e-brake (parking) and then put in gear and let go the clutch floor it on gas and here goes the burnout beautiful smoke and smell too... :cool:

I remember that my ex boyfriends begged me to learn shift but I refused to learn because I was not ready to learn. Until I brought new car and has shift, so I learned it which it was hard for me and ready to give up. But I do still have that car right now and love shift so much! It's so much FUN to drive with shift better than bored automatic. :)

Originally posted by pimpdaddyposse
drive just about anything? how about a motorcycle? I do, does anybody know how to use motorcyle shift? but I know what u mean with shift the concept you can drive "almost anything"

Yeah. It's easy.

Left hand = clutch.
Gears = 1 down, 5 up (six speed) w/ left foot.

Back