Protest the killing of a Deaf Native American Man who was murdered by police!!

Whether alcohol or drug, then I am mad at Jiro on #4, enough said. Have some respect for him being shot 4 times, eh? He is more human than any of us. I am just upset about it all in Seattle. There has been reports about the Seattle Police not respecting our rights as disability people and Deaf people.

I used to stayed in Seattle at the Seattle Community College and they were some native Deaf students stayed at the dorms just like me in 1973 to 1974. We did not have any problems back then but now it is getting worse and like someone said "What is up with the Seattle Police Department?". Seattle is not the only place but every where in USA, innocent people had to face police with no real training to help innocent people. :dunno: It just make me feel upset that we are no longer safe among the police anymore. It is getting dangerous. :eek3: And I don't like it at all. :mad:

The cops in Boston Ma. were bad when I lived there in the 60's and 70's .
One cop threated to rape a friend of mine right in front of her small children.The cops told my friend they were going to take her in a back alley and rape her up he ass! My friend was working with Dr. King and the cops did not like that! I never felt safe with the cops in Boston wheni lived there.
They were real pigs!

The cop could shot the guy in the arm to made him drop the weapon and if the cop had stayed in his car he would not had been in any danger at all. It was an overkill shooting the guy four times , the cop was trigger happy! The cop it more of a threat to the public in this case!

shoot in the arm? you do realize that the cop could kill an innocent person behind John?

and curious - have you ever shot a handgun?

shoot in the arm? you do realize that the cop could kill an innocent person behind John?

and curious - have you ever shot a handgun?

Oh, stop it, you moron. Geeze!!! :roll:

The cop could shot the guy in the arm to made him drop the weapon and if the cop had stayed in his car he would not had been in any danger at all. It was an overkill shooting the guy four times , the cop was trigger happy! The cop it more of a threat to the public in this case!

Who really knows if John made a false move and the cop thought he was threatening?....As for the cop staying in his car...say what?...it was his job to "disarm" a man who was walking down the street with a carving knife in his hand....I do agree that 4 shots were too much, Unless...John would not drop the knife, and since John was shot "in the chest 4 times"...then John had to be "facing the cop" when he got shot....Seems to me that John kept on walking "towards" the cop....

Whether alcohol or drug, then I am mad at Jiro on #4, enough said. Have some respect for him being shot 4 times, eh? He is more human than any of us. I am just upset about it all in Seattle. There has been reports about the Seattle Police not respecting our rights as disability people and Deaf people.

I used to stayed in Seattle at the Seattle Community College and they were some native Deaf students stayed at the dorms just like me in 1973 to 1974. We did not have any problems back then but now it is getting worse and like someone said "What is up with the Seattle Police Department?". Seattle is not the only place but every where in USA, innocent people had to face police with no real training to help innocent people. :dunno: It just make me feel upset that we are no longer safe among the police anymore. It is getting dangerous. :eek3: And I don't like it at all. :mad:

please understand that John is viewed as a man with knife on his hand to cop's eyes. A Korean man, deaf man, black man, or white man is all same thing to cop's eyes - "A man with knife on his hand is dangerous".

But I mentioned in my post #4 that SPD needs a shakedown. I mentioned that Chief of SPD needs to step down because of a bad string of incidents.

Oh my boy at this article.

Like kokonut said, there isn't enough detail in this article and I feel bad for native Indian man got shot at 4 times, and police should know better.

Whether alcohol or drug, then I am mad at Jiro on #4, enough said. Have some respect for him being shot 4 times, eh? He is more human than any of us.

Um, like I said, there is not enough info whether the 4 shots were justified or not. I am waiting until more information comes forth. It does sound like overkill but then again we weren't there or saw how people reacted and under what circumstances.

The reason why I asked if you have shot a semiautomatic handgun is because the trigger is like a computer mouse button - click click click click. That's how fast you can shoot in 1 second. The problem with semiautomatic handgun like Glock is that since you're able to fire rapidly - the target (the person who is being shot at) does not drop down immediately after getting shot at which gives a misleading message to shooter which makes him to shoot more. Plus - these days... to add more fear to every officer's mind... everybody can easily be Superman when drugged up so it could take over 10 bullets just to knock him down.

The officer is a rookie and he's young. He got scared.

Then simple, don't let rookies carry guns. *shrugs*

Then simple, don't let rookies carry guns. *shrugs*

Usually for rookie - they stick with veteran for a year or whatever. In this case - he was alone. I don't know if it's typical for SPD officer to be alone because typically in big cities - there's always at least 2 officers together... policy requirement.

"A folding knife can be carried fully concealed in your pocket, provided its folded.

A fixed blade knife, must be worn so that it is visible to everyone and not concealed in any way.

No auto knives, switchblades, gravity knives or anything else that has assisted opening.

Now for the real deal. You had better be able to explain using that knife. You had better know how to use it and use it well. If you pull it out and he gets it away form you, you're #$%ed."

That indian deaf should put it in bag or case something like toolbox. If he held his knife walk on public street is illegal.

one more to add, Evo

depending on state's knife law - your knife clip on the pants pocket is illegal. it has to be fully concealed.

"A folding knife can be carried fully concealed in your pocket, provided its folded.

A fixed blade knife, must be worn so that it is visible to everyone and not concealed in any way.

No auto knives, switchblades, gravity knives or anything else that has assisted opening.

Now for the real deal. You had better be able to explain using that knife. You had better know how to use it and use it well. If you pull it out and he gets it away form you, you're #$%ed."

That indian deaf should put it in bag or case something like toolbox. If he held his knife walk on public street is illegal.

one more to add, Evo

depending on state's knife law - your knife clip on the pants pocket is illegal. it has to be fully concealed.

Sucks to be an Indian.

I think the cops shouldn't shoot a deaf person not just native indian, it could be any deaf or even hoh too. it doesn't matter where you from.

why do i think that cop shouldn't shoot a deaf person because that deaf person cannot hear.

4 shots in the chest is A LOT.

I think the cops shouldn't shoot a deaf person not just native indian, it could be any deaf or even hoh too. it doesn't matter where you from.

why do i think that cop shouldn't shoot a deaf person because that deaf person cannot hear.

4 shots in the chest is A LOT.

simple - wear tshirt "I'M DEAF. DON'T SHOOT ME, BRO!"

then oh, wear t-shirt "I'm korean, don't shoot me BROOOAAAAAHHHH". how you like that?

then oh, wear t-shirt "I'm korean, don't shoot me BROOOAAAAAHHHH". how you like that?

sure why not? I could do that but he can easily see I am Asian :)
and I have big HA on my ears so he can see I am deaf.

so what about a deaf man who looks like a regular guy? If you're that fearful of getting shot by cop, wear a tshirt.

seriously... Police would just need to shot his arm or leg to keep him down instead end their life when he isn't 100% threat. It's not like he going to run and scream like true native American would.

Remember, it says that it's legal to carry a 3 inch or less folding knife around in Seattle. The issue is...why is that police stopping him? Jaywalking? Drunk walking? It's kinda vague in the article. Correct me if I'm wrong. I never had issues with Seattle police at all. They have a zero tolerance against gay racism.

Back