Protecting Your Kids....

Protecting your kids

Thank God u were there. I am a mother and it is my responisbility to esure that my son is safe at all times especially in areas where there are unfamiliar people also he is deaf so I have to make double sure he is being watched by me. Both mother and Grandmother were careless.

Taylor said:
I know there is already a related thread but I did not want to take away from that. This thread is EXTREMELY long but I ask that you read it completely if you have children, work with children, or have the slightest care in the world for children.

Tonight, I decide I'm going to go to our local mall to grab something to eat with a friend of mine. We go and get our food and we sit in an open area in the mall where kids will often play. Tonight, there were 20 or so kids throwing balls and running around...kids having a good time. We start eating and watching what is going on around us. Now, this mall is OUTSIDE of my jurisdiction and I make it a point to not get involved in things if I do not have to when I am off-duty...even though I always carry my gun. I'm in plain clothes just having a meal with a friend.

I see this guy that is kind of creepy looking but I do not make character judgments on looks alone....something just seems out of place and I'm trying to determine if I know this guy from somewhere.

I watch this guy walk into the center of the area carrying a plastic bag. He stops and sets his bag down and starts looking around. He picks up 3 balls that are on the ground and he starts juggling...and all the kids come up running excited to see somebody juggle. After a few minutes, most of the kids lose interest and wander off except for one girl...and he starts teaching her how to juggle. The girl is having a good time and her Mom and Grandmother sitting nearby don't seem to mind....but the hairs on my neck are standing up so I keep watching. I have a gut feeling something is about to happen so I take out my camera phone and snap a few pictures (you'll later see why this was important).

As he's teaching the girl to juggle, I notice strange body language coming from him. I can't describe what I'm seeing but something is not right. My friend says she notices it too but is not sure if the guy is doing something wrong...so I keep watching. He's getting close to her on occasion and then backing away. At one point, he is showing her how to juggle 2 balls (to help her get started) and he places the third ball between his legs, holding it there. After they juggle the 2 balls for a few minutes, he says something to her. The girl then reaches out and grabs the ball between his legs....and I'm about to jump up and do something...my friend stops me saying he technically has not done anything wrong yet....so...keep watching.

I notice after a few minutes the girl starts to lose interest...and he's becoming more animated in his movements. He starts pointing over his shoulder and from what I can tell he's trying to get her to go somewhere. I then notice (and I'm not gay....but there are some things that stand out)..this guy has a huge erection....and she is starting to walk away with him.

So, I jump up and go over. I ask him what the hell he is doing (a little more politely as I am acting on a hunch..and it could be me that is wrong). He says this is his niece and to butt out. Now, I saw this girl playing for awhile and this man did not come from her table where Mom and Grandmom were sitting. He says "Honey...do you know this man?" pointing at me and the girl says 'No'. So now I'm the stranger to this girl and he is her friend. I finally recognized the man as somebody I saw posted on our local sex offender registry as a sexual predator. I tell the girl 'Silly lady...I'm a friend of your mommie's!" and I point over to Mom and Grandmom (yes...maybe not the right thing to say to her but its all I had at the moment). I then pull out my badge and tell him I know who he is and that he is forbidden to be in contact with little kids. I grab his arm and pull his arms around his back and a security officer who knows me comes over to help and puts the guy in cuffs.

I then take the little girl over to her Mom and she says 'What was that all about'. I say 'Do you know that guy?' She says 'No...but he was just showing her how to juggle and I don't know why you jumped on him like that.' I explain that he was in the process of luring her child away. I now want to yell at this lady and ask her How did you not see any of that going on. She is absolutely clueless. The cops show up and I explain..the guy denies all of it. I show the few pics I have and it was enough for the officers to pull the security video (which is clear as day BTW)...and they haul the guy off.

This guy had all the clues of a sexual predator and I'm a little troubled that I'm the only one who picked up on it (one guy playing with this kids told me later that he thought it was 'odd' but wasn't sure what was happening until I got involved).

'Innocent Playing'
Photo_0060.jpg

Placing ball between his legs
Photo_0061.jpg

She is innocently thinking she is learning to juggle and drops a ball:
Photo_0062.jpg

She is starting to lose interest and he starts pleading a bit. This is where I notice the erection and him pushing his hips towards her.
Photo_0063.jpg

This is him trying to lure her away (I later learn from her he's inviting her to the toy store). This is when I get up and haul ass over there.
Photo_0064.jpg

I never want to tell anyone how to raise their kids....its none of my business. I don't do it on the job and I don't do it in my personal life...what you teach your kids is up to you.....but this entire incident shows just how easy it was for this guy to walk off with a little girl. What if my friend and I had decided to eat in the food court instead of where the kids play? How did this woman not know, nor observe, that this guy was walking off with her kid. Mom and Grandma were still sitting on their butts eating ice cream when I walked up to them (this is after I confronted the guy when he was leaving with her) They were CLUELESS to everything that was taking place...and I'm not sure what pisses me off more...the guy doing this or their inability to watch their kids. Mom and Grandmom were facing their direction and watching this whole thing without a clue.....grrrrrrr

The final picture is the first one all over again, however, I have circled Mom and Grandma to show you just how close they were watching and still thought everything was 'OK' with the girl and the 'stranger'. Mom later admitted that her and Grandmom were deeply involved in a conversation and did not notice the guy walking off with her (and still had not known it had taken place until they were shown the security video). It would have been one of those 'I just turned my back for a second....' tragedies.

Photo_0065.jpg

BIG THANKS!!!!
now kids are safer with you watching...
MWAH on your cheek..
SxyPorkie

Snowleaf said:
taylor,

we are very proud what you done is save little girl from this sick guy. you are doing very good job.

I hope that her mom need to more pay attention to little girl.

You have right to angry at her mom that she was not very careful with girl and allow sick guy play with a girl.

Quoted For Truth.

The government needs to be more harsh on sexual offenders.

Thank you, Taylor, for being a hero everyday and for reminding us of our priorities.

Good job Taylor and with these sick type of people, Always stop them no matter what. God Bless You !!!!! :angel:

Jolie, I am not yelling by typing this in this manner, I am simply tring to show the importance of it but NEVER IGNORE YOUR GUT REACTION OF ANYONE!!!!

Taylor, we are never completely off duty are we? Good call, and good pinch! Also, you used good heads up thinking to use your camera phone to document the incident! From looking at the first photo, you can notice he is thrusting his hips forward because he is clinching his butt muscles. Once again, from a fellow cop, good job! What department do you work for? If you dont want to respond to that question, I understand being the internet and all.

I just had a call the other night in which a 7 year old autistic boy was molested by a 26 year old neighbor. I wanted nothing more than to go down to the guys house and put my fist through his head. But, that would have only screwed up the investigation.

To all parents, when your children are old enough to understand that there are bed people, they are old enough to understand that they should not talk to strangers. If you have to tell them that any unknown person that approaches them is the boogeyman, so be it. Even if you know a person, be very leary of leaving your children with them unless you know them very well and have known them for a very long time. A very high percentage of child molestations happen by friends of the family.

Here is a tip for all parents. Do a web search of sex offenders in your neighborhood. Check it monthly! New people get added to the list constantly.
For a huge reality check, check the list by the county that you live in. I dont think that most people really realize just how many sexual offenders there are walking around freely.

Let's lighten up the mood for a mintune with something funny and very positive for a few mintunes then go right back to serious business ..... I thought this was very funny and I got this in my e-mail from a good police friend of mine and I thought this was a very good joke although I don't like the occultic star symbol on the wall. I thought the t-shirt was a very good laugh !!!!!! :laugh2:

Lillys dad said:
Jolie, I am not yelling by typing this in this manner, I am simply tring to show the importance of it but NEVER IGNORE YOUR GUT REACTION OF ANYONE!!!!

The emphasis of "Never Ignore Your Gut Reaction" could simply be put in bold but I can understand the importance of it since the insincts are usually correct. I never said to ignore it because it would not be right to ignore it. If you have read correctly in the first page, I said;

I was taught not to ignore the gut feeling or the instincts because they are usually right in the first place.

I know you didn't say ignore. I just cannot emphasise it enough to anyone that will listen. Always follow your gut reaction.Always...... There are soo many different ways to read a person, that soemtimes your eye sees something that you do not realise. 90% of human communication is not verbal. You can tell volumes of a person by not what they, but what they do.
Back to the whole watching you kids theme. I am going to show this thread to my wife. I watch my daughter like a hawk in public. I have found the easiest way to do this is simply to play with your kid while at the playground. One thing that annoys me is playing at the playground with Lilly and I see kids playing and the parents are sitting a good distance away reading a book or talking on the cell phone. They are putting thier kids at risk and are too ignorant to realize it. If there is no other reason to watch thier kid, they should at least realize that I am on the same playground. I am a full grown man playing on the playground with kids.
Do to being a policeman, I watch people. I am always scanning the playground for things that do no tlook right. I am not doing this intentionally. Its just what I do. Predators and other bad guys scan crowds too. On several occasions I have seen people that just dont look right. Many of these times, these peopl esee me scanning the crowd and being aware of who is doing what. This is another thing that is very important, situational awareness. I have interviewed several very bad people that all say they spot thier victims based only on the fact the victim is not paying attention to whats going on around them. They have also said they will not approach soemoen that is alert and aware of whats going on around them. This is one of the reasons that sooooo many victims can barely provide a suspect description of a robbery, rape,l car jacking and so on. They simply do not pay attention. Remember, if you look like a victim, you will be treated accordingly.

I remember when I was in NYC and I was with friends and he needed to go see his girlfriend for a few mintunes. We are all Deaf and we go for a ride then we get out and go over to the playground and he is talking to his girlfriend and saying hi to his children, he has 2 kids one boy and one girl both are hearing and his girlfriend is Deaf and they are talking and my friends and me are just talking with another Deaf girls that were with his girlfriend. During this conversation I was having with one of the girls, I noticed a man standing on the wall and something was not right, my gut reaction went into full alarm mode and then I stopped talking to her and let her be with her girlfriends and I am standing there watching the street interaction and here is what happened a beautiful woman walked past that evil guy and he did not even bother to look, most guys would be turning their heads and checking her out then next door is a outdoor resturant and there were a group of businessmen sititng around having their afternoon lunch and they did look at the beautiful woman, I thought she was beautiful myself too then next door a small construction project was going on and some of the construction guys stopped another guys working to look at the beautiful woman for one mintune and they were talking back and forth, laughing with each other then she walked past a row of storefronts and I noticed through the window the store clerk guy looked at the beautiful woman then came closer to the window and liked what he saw and he went outside to have a cigarette and watch her walk away and enjoy the view. Now I returned back to the same evil guy standing on the wall and then there was a mother who was obivously beautiful with her kids and he did not look at the mother who was clearly beautiful and he looked at the children for longer than he should have and something was seriously wrong right there then I watched the business guys they did notice the beautiful mom but once they noticed the kids with her then they quickly returned to their meals and started to talk again then the construction guys did notice her but quickly turned their heads around, I am sure the guys probably said something like " That is a beautiful woman, too bad she has kids " which would mean she is married and has a man in her life and the store clerk was next up and he clearly could see that the woman was beautiful and he did look as she walked away with the kids but he was not interested in the kids and I could see that he was thinking that was a beautiful woman right there, too bad she has kids .... then he smoked his cigarette and was very un-interested and just watching life and the cars go by. I watched the whole thing for a few more mintunes and the same thing happened over and over again with that guy on the wall and I realized he was looking at the children !!!! Most normal guys like to look at beautiful women and this guy liked to look at the little kids. I looked for a policeman on the street without giving away that I am watching the guy on the wall and I see a policeman talking to a store owner through the window opposite the street then I told my friends be right back watch this guy , don't look around but do something so that you have a good reason to look without looking and I told the policeman and they got more police units and the police frisked and arrested the guy and it turns out he had been arrested for doing sick things to the kids.

Lillys dad said:
I know you didn't say ignore. I just cannot emphasise it enough to anyone that will listen. Always follow your gut reaction.Always...... There are soo many different ways to read a person, that soemtimes your eye sees something that you do not realise. 90% of human communication is not verbal. You can tell volumes of a person by not what they, but what they do.

Yes, There are alot of ways that we as a human can be able to see by what their body language shows. It's like a "picture" is a thousand words.

Lillys dad said:
Back to the whole watching you kids theme. I am going to show this thread to my wife. I watch my daughter like a hawk in public. I have found the easiest way to do this is simply to play with your kid while at the playground. One thing that annoys me is playing at the playground with Lilly and I see kids playing and the parents are sitting a good distance away reading a book or talking on the cell phone. They are putting thier kids at risk and are too ignorant to realize it. If there is no other reason to watch thier kid, they should at least realize that I am on the same playground. I am a full grown man playing on the playground with kids.

You're right - I have noticed that myself too whenever I go to a park with my sons. I've seen some other parents doing the same thing thinking they are in a safe place where it is in a public view and that nothing will happen. Really, Anything can happen in a second if you turn your eyes and head away for a minute. That is why it is imperative to keep your child at bay. Whenever I go to the park with my sons, I am always watching them since of course I'm deaf, I would not be able to hear them from a distance on the playground and keeping the tabs on where they are at on the playground. After all, What's better than this, playing with your child and keeping them safe when you are in their view? It is much better bonding them at the same time when you play with them and keeping them safe as well.

Lillys dad said:
Do to being a policeman, I watch people. I am always scanning the playground for things that do no tlook right. I am not doing this intentionally. Its just what I do. Predators and other bad guys scan crowds too. On several occasions I have seen people that just dont look right. Many of these times, these peopl esee me scanning the crowd and being aware of who is doing what. This is another thing that is very important, situational awareness. I have interviewed several very bad people that all say they spot thier victims based only on the fact the victim is not paying attention to whats going on around them. They have also said they will not approach soemoen that is alert and aware of whats going on around them. This is one of the reasons that sooooo many victims can barely provide a suspect description of a robbery, rape,l car jacking and so on. They simply do not pay attention. Remember, if you look like a victim, you will be treated accordingly.

Scanning the crowd is a good way to spot out something that is not at the norm. Like we do agree on one thing - Never ignore your gut reaction. As for the bad people, They are aware and they do spot out something only to grab the opportunity when the door opens for them which makes us invulnerable. Of course I am sure you would agree - It's always important to keep ourselves aware of the surrounding areas not only to protect our childrens but to protect ourselves too.

On the other side of the coin, instead of looking like a victim, you can easily look like the guard dog. The bad guys look for two things. 1 the victim to rob/rape and so on. 2 they watch to see who is watching them. If they see you watching them, they are also trying to figure out if you are a cop. I have encountered this several times while off duty. If they see you staring right at them, they stare right back at you. Then it becomes a game of cat and mouse. I am watchin him watch others and he knows I am watching him. I even try to let them see me look them up and down. They know that I am compliling a description. Usually that in itself will stop someone from victimizing anyone in the area.
BUT, be careful doing this. If you get into a stare down situation, and you back down, be ready to be messed with. There is a good chance that he will confront you. If it gets to that point, you better not back down. If you do, he will try to go out of his way to teach you a lesson. If you start the game, you better be prepared to finish it.And carreer violent criminals can smell fear at a glance.
Reffering to encountering the above situations, twice it has ended up in gunplay. A third time a guy was sizing me up in an effort to see if he could get away with forcibly taking my antique british motorcycle after I got off it. His mistake was that he was too stupid to figure out when to give up. The end of the conversation was "I think I want to take your motorcycle for a ride around the lot." I said "Its not gonna happen" he says "it will happen whether you want to or not" I respond "I got 16 reasons on my right hip why it aint gonna happen" He then says "well I got 6 reasons in my pocket why it is gonna happen" (these are references to caving a loded pistol on my hip and in his pocket). At this point, I clear leather and put a pistol in his face. It turns out the guy was a car thief and robber. He had several warrants for car trheft and robbery 1st (which menas he robbed people at gunpoint). As I said, if you are not gonna back down, you better stick with that plan at all costs.

I did use leash to my second daughter devil girl ha anyway cuz she did ran away from us as not expect that. All my children deaf how tell me I yelled them name and they cant hear from us.. Once I used leash PERIOD I dont care another people think I am crazy mother. Some people called me crazy. Oh well.. :deal: Till my daughter get understand then will use without leash.. I know not easy that..

Back