Prostitution - decriminalize or legalize?

well if they're of legal age... there's nothing more we can do for them. they simply don't want to be found by people they know. Beside - they'll need ID if they want to get CC, loan, account, etc. but I suppose they're not interested in that.

well if prostitution become legalize then any banks can't discriminate those working "sleeping" people. :giggle:

there's nothing more we can do for them. they simply don't want to be found by people they know.
most of them do care but they have lots of problems themselves. sometimes they dont realize how families are looking for them and some of them would come clean themselves. you never knew until you try to contact someone.

thats why i feel that their names are necessary to be on records so we would know that they are not missing. lots of cops and people are looking for all over missing people when the missing people are very much alives. if they are found and they have rights to tell them " i dont want to see you and dont bother me ever again" at least they know they are alive.

well if prostitution become legalize then any banks can't discriminate those working "sleeping" people. :giggle:

banks require ID regardless of your occupation so it's up to you to have ID or not. the homeless bum can open an account as long as he has ID & SSN cards.

Ah, they can get it but the question is "Do they?" Legalization would mandate periodic testing.

When they are arrested they are tested as well.

Again this is where education needs to take place. "Johns" need to understand the risk of contracting a possible deadly disease and possibly bringing it to their significant other.
Some of the prositutes have a drug issue. So they are willing to sleep with anyone that has a dollar to support their habit. Being that they have drug problem they are probably already infected with something.

Legalizing prositution? How often will they be screened? After each John? It will only take one time to contract an STD. So that will be an issue as well. I just don't see it.

Curious how do the countries that has legalize prostitution. How do they run it?

most of them do care but they have lots of problems themselves. sometimes they dont realize how families are looking for them and some of them would come clean themselves. you never knew until you try to contact someone.

thats why i feel that their names are necessary to be on records so we would know that they are not missing. lots of cops and people are looking for all over missing people when the missing people are very much alives. if they are found and they have rights to tell them " i dont want to see you and dont bother me ever again" at least they know they are alive.

completely understandable but I am strongly against what you just suggested. I don't like such infringement of privacy especially by government. The sound of "registry list of names" scares me.

I don't believe it should be legalized. To legalize it means the government endorses it. However I think prostitution should be decriminalized to the point where people should be allowed to make money from sex. As long as they abide by law (something like public indecency, public exposure)..... fine with me. Just don't let me and kids see them having sex for profit in public.

The "store" should abide by health regulation to ensure that its "employees" have regular screenings. As for "freelancers" on the corner.... well you know what they say - "you pay for what you get"

:cool2:

Legalizing it would make our government the biggest Pimp Daddy ever known!! :rofl:

completely understandable but I am strongly against what you just suggested. I don't like such infringement of privacy especially by government. The sound of "registry list of names" scares me.

what do you mean by that? you aren't going to become a prostitution, arent you? :aw:

If prostitution become legalize then i would liek that if they do pay taxes like the rest of us. Its their choices of making living for themselves.

again, i am not sure what you mean about registry list of names scares you?? government have your name already. what is difference about it? sorry if i misundestand you in case. :o

what do you mean by that? you aren't going to become a prostitution, arent you? :aw:

If prostitution become legalize then i would liek that if they do pay taxes like the rest of us. Its their choices of making living for themselves.
I don't support legalization of prostitution at all.... only to decriminalize it.. meaning the police officers will not waste their time and tax money enforcing the prostitution law. If the prostitutes were to pay tax (aka income tax)... that means the prostitution is officially recognized by government as occupation..... which is what I don't support. Don't get me wrong - prostitution is the scum of the society but I don't want to make it illegal because it is an unnecessary use of tax money to enforce it and to imprison prostitutes.

again, i am not sure what you mean about registry list of names scares you?? government have your name already. what is difference about it? sorry if i misundestand you in case. :o
Ah.. I may have misunderstood you. I thought that if you want to be a prostitute - your name will be added to the "list"... which can also be useful for checking with Missing People database. So you are talking about the prostitutes who do not have official ID like everybody else, yes?

I don't support legalization of prostitution at all.... only to decriminalize it.. meaning the police officers will not waste their time and tax money enforcing the prostitution law. If the prostitutes were to pay tax (aka income tax)... that means the prostitution is officially recognized by government as occupation..... which is what I don't support. Don't get me wrong - prostitution is the scum of the society but I don't want to make it illegal because it is an unnecessary use of tax money to enforce it and to imprison prostitutes.

understandable. for me, i dont care as long as its their choices of making living and ALIVE!!! and it helps a little bit about taxes too. I may have tasteless thoughts but everyone have their own preferences of making living is none of my business. of course, it would be nice to see the streets all clear and clean.

Ah.. I may have misunderstood you. I thought that if you want to be a prostitute - your name will be added to the "list"... which can also be useful for checking with Missing People database. So you are talking about the prostitutes who do not have official ID like everybody else, yes?

yes i mean missing people database, that some of the street hookers did run away from the bad homes and precisely that they are missing but they are still alive just hiding themselves as street hookers. what a waste for cops and people are looking for them.

I agree with Jiro. I am for decriminalizing, not legalizing.

I don't even know if it's legalized, is it REALLY legal? What if a prostitute contracts an STD, would she LEGALLY be allowed to work as a prostitute still?

I believe that if a person is arrested and found guilty should have to register as a prositute. Not meaning they should have their picture posted like sex offenders, but they should be required to get examine, bloodwork and education about finding a real job. Etc.

If not, then get thrown in the slammer for being a threat to society.

They should be made to get testing frequently. Not at each time they get caught.

I don't even know if it's legalized, is it REALLY legal? What if a prostitute contracts an STD, would she LEGALLY be allowed to work as a prostitute still?

The answer to that question would be no. She would not be allowed to return to work until she is able to show that she has been treated and found disease free. If she were to return to work prior, then she could be found guilty of violation of the law, and jailed.

I believe that if a person is arrested and found guilty should have to register as a prositute. Not meaning they should have their picture posted like sex offenders, but they should be required to get examine, bloodwork and education about finding a real job. Etc.

If not, then get thrown in the slammer for being a threat to society.

They should be made to get testing frequently. Not at each time they get caught.

The above is exactly what legalization would insure.

yes i mean missing people database, that some of the street hookers did run away from the bad homes and precisely that they are missing but they are still alive just hiding themselves as street hookers. what a waste for cops and people are looking for them.

the cops don't really look for missing people after certain length of time. most of time - they don't really look for them. Their answers are usually - "eh well..... they'll turn up someday...."

the answer is obviously no.

It should still be illegal. Just enforced them to registure. On their expenses. Like if a person is caught with a crime they should have to pay for the cost.

I understand what you are saying Jillo.

This is one of those damn if you do and damn if you don't subject.

I can see both sides, but legalizing it. Would just open up a whole different side.

Domino effect would happen.

What and how the "Johns" have to do?? How would legalizing it affect them??
And the significant other would they be required to be tested also??

How would this effect others? The pimps and such? So much details!!

I need more!!
:lol:

Not that this is funny, but I want to know the plan! If they do legalize this.

It should still be illegal. Just enforced them to registure. On their expenses. Like if a person is caught with a crime they should have to pay for the cost.

I understand what you are saying Jillo.

This is one of those damn if you do and damn if you don't subject.

I can see both sides, but legalizing it. Would just open up a whole different side.

Domino effect would happen.

What and how the "Johns" have to do?? How would legalizing it affect them??
And the significant other would they be required to be tested also??

How would this effect others? The pimps and such? So much details!!

I need more!!
:lol:

Not that this is funny, but I want to know the plan! If they do legalize this.

That's just it. Because prostitution is a misdemeanor, you can't force them to register unless you legalize.

Street pimps would be put out of business, basically.

That's just it. Because prostitution is a misdemeanor, you can't force them to register unless you legalize.

Street pimps would be put out of business, basically.
Change the laws perhaps.

Making it that prositutes have to regisiture.

Making a person that pimps them off. A higher crime?

Change the laws perhaps.

Making it that prositutes have to regisiture.

Making a person that pimps them off. A higher crime?

Then we would have to make prositution a felony. Lots of negative implications there, and I don't think it would meet the criteria for being considered a felony.

Depending on how the pimp operates, they can be charged with a felony. But most street pimps stay out of the lime light and are rarely arrested. It is the girls that work for them that get arrested. Then the pimp bails them out so they can go back to work.

I really don't have the answers to this social problem. Just trying to throw out ideas for discussion.

Then we would have to make prositution a felony. Lots of negative implications there, and I don't think it would meet the criteria for being considered a felony.

Depending on how the pimp operates, they can be charged with a felony. But most street pimps stay out of the lime light and are rarely arrested. It is the girls that work for them that get arrested. Then the pimp bails them out so they can go back to work.

I really don't have the answers to this social problem. Just trying to throw out ideas for discussion.

Yeah.

I understand. Same here. This is is something that does bring up a good discussion and ideas.

Prositution has been around before ancient history.

It will always be looked down on. I do not doubt that.

My main thing is to create ideas to prevent teens from being lured into this so called "business" and to prevent the spread of STD.

Another word is to educated and to make a law to force the ones that do so to registure. To be required testing and other help to find a way out. Other means to make money. At their own expense.

The laws can make it not to be a felony with stipulations. And if they do not comply. Then?

Again for the purpose of discussion. :)

Back