Prostitution - decriminalize or legalize?

SFShawn13

Reaction score
I think prostitution should be decriminalized but not legalized. How about you?

I agree. Preferably legalized so as to institute regulations like manadatory health screenings, etc.

Maybe a better idea would be to change the culture so that men don't think that they have to frequent prosistutes in the first place.
In other words maybe it might be a good idea to get rid of the mentality that you're a big man if you have sex with multiple people.
I know some people use prosistutes to get off, if they're not in a realtionship ....and that's fine. Even though I can't remotely imagine just sleeping with someone,(I usually have to be in love with someone) whatever gets your rocks off.

This is a hard one to decide comprehensively however

for most part, I'm with Jillio on this one, regulations is a good thing despite some people might think its a another form of control, but then do you know all prostitutes to be entirely self-reliant especially with this backdrop, chances are its the pimps who gonna to control and benefit, hence its not the women getting the power.

I disagree with (but not entirely) with deafdykes saying all the men wants to use prostitutes as a means for multiple partners this is abit absurd, in reality, Most men knows too well hookers aren't cheap and can be high risk for STD's...so hmmm nah i disagree on this regard....but yes i see her points about the 'culture aspect' however it is more like 'the dream' as much effect as the 'American Dream' has on making capitalism so ideallistic, even 'acceptable'

Maybe a better idea would be to change the culture so that men don't think that they have to frequent prosistutes in the first place. In other words maybe it might be a good idea to get rid of the mentality that you're a big man if you have sex with multiple people.
I know some people use prosistutes to get off, if they're not in a realtionship ....and that's fine. Even though I can't remotely imagine just sleeping with someone,(I usually have to be in love with someone) whatever gets your rocks off.

Yeah, good luck with that one!:lol: BTW, women frequent prostitutes as well.

I don't truly like the idea of prositution at all. It will cause more problems than it is worth. Even if it is legalized.

I don't truly like the idea of prositution at all. It will cause more problems than it is worth. Even if it is legalized.

I think most of us are uncomfortable with the idea of prostitution. But it is something that has always been a part of our society, and most societies. Making it illegal hasn't made it go away, it has simply made it more destructive.

I think it should be decriminalized and legalized. Legal or illegal, it's going to happen anyway. Thinking that it won't happen if we make it illegal or tax it heavily is wishful thinking, so we may as well try to improve the situation as much as possible for prostitutes.

I think most of us are uncomfortable with the idea of prostitution. But it is something that has always been a part of our society, and most societies. Making it illegal hasn't made it go away, it has simply made it more destructive.

I understand that.

Legalizing prostitution will only open up a whole another can of worms.

Just because someone legalize something doesn't make it much different. Illegal activities will still take place.

Take gambling for instance. It is still a problem. Even when it is legal.

I understand that.

Legalizing prostitution will only open up a whole another can of worms.

Just because someone legalize something doesn't make it much different. Illegal activities will still take place.

Take gambling for instance. It is still a problem. Even when it is legal.

I see your point.

I don't believe it should be legalized. To legalize it means the government endorses it. However I think prostitution should be decriminalized to the point where people should be allowed to make money from sex. As long as they abide by law (something like public indecency, public exposure)..... fine with me. Just don't let me and kids see them having sex for profit in public.

The "store" should abide by health regulation to ensure that its "employees" have regular screenings. As for "freelancers" on the corner.... well you know what they say - "you pay for what you get"

:cool2:

I agree. Preferably legalized so as to institute regulations like manadatory health screenings, etc.

Same here. Included workshop how to defense themselves and take care of themselves. also, included the personal indentity reduces of missing lists and more!

Same here. Included workshop how to defense themselves and take care of themselves. also, included the personal indentity reduces of missing lists and more!

see bold print of your post. I'm not sure what you're saying. Please clarify.

I know in the state of Florida prositutes can get free screening and condoms from the health dept. So some measures are being taken to protect them and the "Johns"

I know in the state of Florida prositutes can get free screening and condoms from the health dept. So some measures are being taken to protect them and the "Johns"

Ah, they can get it but the question is "Do they?" Legalization would mandate periodic testing.

see bold print of your post. I'm not sure what you're saying. Please clarify.

Oh, to know that kids (age 18 or up) are not missing by having their I.D. on records than lots of kids ran away and end up on street hookers with no i.d. for years, one day they die with their john doe names. ;(

Oh, to know that kids (age 18 or up) are not missing by having their I.D. on records than lots of kids ran away and end up on street hookers with no i.d. for years, one day they die with their john doe names. ;(

well if they're of legal age... there's nothing more we can do for them. they simply don't want to be found by people they know. Beside - they'll need ID if they want to get CC, loan, account, etc. but I suppose they're not interested in that.

Back