Prop 8 results.

A priest and a few members of the wealthy religious Californians made the plan to put in the ballot a long time before they paid a big check to the State of California that allowed them to write it on the ballot. They said that on Oprah's show. Unfortunately, Oprah's website post was removed a few weeks later in November because of too many complaints and some insulted to the church. Oprah was forced to quit this issue also because someone graffited at a church somewhere in California. I believe that some of you heard about the graffiti on the news.

Yes, I heard about the protests on the news but didn't know that so much had been going on behind the scenes. So the Supreme Court will investigate and maybe the guilty parties will be held accountable. One can only hope.

Exactly. Minority groups are protesting the ballot because, by definition, a "minority" will never win a popular vote. Putting the rights of minorities on a ballot like that should just never happen, but if this one passes, then what's to stop someone putting up a ballot restricting the rights of blacks? or hispanics? or women? or whoever they want? It's a dangerous road to walk down...

Indeed; Although as confusing as this seems to be - This still baffles me because since it shouldn't have been on the ballot and took it on the wrong path. What I mean is, Whomever allowed it on the ballot should have know that it was not the proper procedure.

Yes and thank you for sharing the link.

Yes, I heard about the protests on the news but didn't know that so much had been going on behind the scenes. So the Supreme Court will investigate and maybe the guilty parties will be held accountable. One can only hope.

Yeah, The question is - Who are these guilty parties? Only one can hope to find out and pinpoint to see who made these errors.

Yeah. We could find it out on the news later. Now, many news want to focus first on three auto-makers and two different fraud men - Madoff and Cox cases (a former investor who stole 50 billions dollars and a dirty president of SEC released rich investors to sell their big stocks without a warning).

Indeed; Although as confusing as this seems to be - This still baffles me because since it shouldn't have been on the ballot and took it on the wrong path. What I mean is, Whomever allowed it on the ballot should have know that it was not the proper procedure.

Yeah, The question is - Who are these guilty parties? Only one can hope to find out and pinpoint to see who made these errors.

Well I'm going to assume that it's the California Attorney General. As far as I can find, the process in CA for the voters to propose a ballot is that they write it up, gather a certain number of signatures (depending on how many people voted in the last election for governor, usually), and submit that - along with a fee - to the State Attorney General, who has to approve the measure. The signatures are validated by someone else, but the Attorney General seems to be the person who should have realized that this constituted a "revision", which the people are not allowed to put forth for a vote.

This is where I found the information, it's not very detailed.
California ballot proposition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well I'm going to assume that it's the California Attorney General. As far as I can find, the process in CA for the voters to propose a ballot is that they write it up, gather a certain number of signatures (depending on how many people voted in the last election for governor, usually), and submit that - along with a fee - to the State Attorney General, who has to approve the measure. The signatures are validated by someone else, but the Attorney General seems to be the person who should have realized that this constituted a "revision", which the people are not allowed to put forth for a vote.

This is where I found the information, it's not very detailed.
California ballot proposition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah, I would have to agree with you there. The California Attorney General and the State Legislature are responsible for ballot issues so I would think that that would be the place to start. Of course, our attention has been diverted with the constant news coverage of the government bailout of the Big 3 automakers and banks and finance companies that can't even manage their money. Are we sick of that yet?

Back