Prop 8 results.

Ok, I guess you guys didn't read between the lines. So here it is again...

The people have spoken. Simply means that the vote has already taken place and the majority of the people have made their voices heard. Whether you accept it or not is up to you.

Deal with it. You can accept it as it is or you can organize and work for change within the system.

Don't whine. Temper tantrums and name-calling does not help and reflects poorly on you. If you want real change, then band together and make your collective voices heard. Don't whine.

Capisce?[/QUOTE]

The people have spoken. Simply means that the vote has already taken place and they majority of the people made their voices heard. Whether you acept it or not is up to you.

Deal with it. You can accept it as is or you can organize and work for change within the system.

Don't whine. Temper tantrums and name-calling does not help and reflects poorly on you. If you want real change, then band together and make your collective voices heard. Don't whine.

Capisce?

:roll: I am not letting them to change my mind, as long as I know it was right and will always be proud of it and stand up for it.

Sorry I am not that easy.

So deal with it, don't whine.

Yeah, like I said....Stand up for yourself and make your voice heard. That would be the more effective route to take. Good luck.

The people have spoken. Simply means that the vote has already taken place and they majority of the people made their voices heard. Whether you acept it or not is up to you.

Deal with it. You can accept it as is or you can organize and work for change within the system.

Capisce?

The "people" have no right to deny their friends and neighbors the same rights that they have.

Therefore, Prop 8 = NULL!

Capisce?

It was illegal process in California.

In the state of California--in order to make changes to the state constitution--one has to go through the legislative process.

The people went around it and do it in via the initiative process to amend the constitution which is illegal in California.

That is why the Supreme court has taken the issue and is reviewing it. Secondly the law isn't activated due to this situation.

Thirdly--the law doesn't address the already 18,000 same -sex marriages that already have taken place. Does that mean their marriage are invalid, null and void? Or will there be an exception to these individuals that have already obtain same sex marriage? If they permit the 18,000 same sex couples that already have been married, then the law is clearly unconstitutional as it is not permitting all.

Why don't you learn how the government process works before shooting off your opinion, capisce buddy?

Too late!! I'm deaf, already married and I have blue eyes! :P C'mon....you can do better than that.

That's exactly the point. Plenty of gay people have already gotten married in CA, too. There is absolutely no difference between passing a state amendment nullifying their marriage and passing one nullifying yours. The fact that you find it a ridiculous idea only reinforces the argument that Prop 8 was ridiculous. I don't think we're the ones who need to "do better than that". :roll:

It was illegal process in California.

In the state of California--in order to make changes to the state constitution--one has to go through the legislative process.

The people went around it and do it in via the initiative process to amend the constitution which is illegal in California.

That is why the Supreme court has taken the issue and is reviewing it. Secondly the law isn't activated due to this situation.

You're right - The whole procedure was taken in a wrong path.

My question is - Since it was an illegal process in California, Then why was it allowed to show up on the voting ballot? What I mean is, When it is illegal, It shouldn't have been like this in the first place and the citizens of California should have took it on the right path to make a proper procedure by going through the legislative process.

My question is - Since it was an illegal process in California, Then why was it allowed to show up on the voting ballot? What I mean is, When it is illegal, It shouldn't have been like this in the first place and the citizens of California should have took it on the right path to make a proper procedure by going through the legislative process.

Maybe because the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.....

Because the people do have the right to amend the constitution through a ballot process, as long as the ballot is approved. What they don't have the right to do, is "revise" the constitution in a way that changes the meaning or intent. Since the Supreme Court had already ruled that the constitution did in it's own wording protect the rights of gays and lesbians, the proposed change should have been considered to be a revision, but it was passed anyways. The issue now is that a lot of other minority groups are protesting the ballot because they are saying that if Prop 8 is allowed to pass, it is essentially saying that the constitution does not protect the rights of minorities, and any of their civil rights could simply be put up to a popular vote as well.

Basically, whoever's job it is to decide whether or not ballots are valid amendments screwed up.

Because the people do have the right to amend the constitution through a ballot process, as long as the ballot is approved. What they don't have the right to do, is "revise" the constitution in a way that changes the meaning or intent. Since the Supreme Court had already ruled that the constitution did in it's own wording protect the rights of gays and lesbians, the proposed change should have been considered to be a revision, but it was passed anyways. The issue now is that a lot of other minority groups are protesting the ballot because they are saying that if Prop 8 is allowed to pass, it is essentially saying that the constitution does not protect the rights of minorities, and any of their civil rights could simply be put up to a popular vote as well.

Basically, whoever's job it is to decide whether or not ballots are valid amendments screwed up.

Or wasn't doing their job.....:cool2:

It is the only way that we know is the Conservative Party of California that did it on purpose. They paid a lot of money to put it on the ballot.

Just think about our Constitution statements that protects that party for over 200 years. That's pretty bad. i.e. wealthy fathers and separation of Church and State. It is still old controversy for years.

That makes sense. I was just wondering how it was supposed to show up on the ballot when it was wrong in the first place; thus the "revised" constitution that shouldn't have begun due to the popular vote as well.

In a way, This is like asking for the pandora's box to be opened because like you said, When Prop 8 is allowed to be passed - That will also affect other various groups.

That makes sense. I was just wondering how it was supposed to show up on the ballot when it was wrong in the first place; thus the "revised" constitution that shouldn't have begun due to the popular vote as well.

In a way, This is like asking for the pandora's box to be opened because like you said, When Prop 8 is allowed to be passed - That will also affect other various groups.

Exactly. Minority groups are protesting the ballot because, by definition, a "minority" will never win a popular vote. Putting the rights of minorities on a ballot like that should just never happen, but if this one passes, then what's to stop someone putting up a ballot restricting the rights of blacks? or hispanics? or women? or whoever they want? It's a dangerous road to walk down...

Since the Supreme Court had already ruled that the constitution did in it's own wording protect the rights of gays and lesbians

I wonder why the Supreme Court didn't step in and instruct the California state government to remove Prop 8 from the ballot since the Constitution already protected the rights of gays and lesbians. Why did the Supreme Court not decide that it was an illegal or invalid ballot issue? Who decided that it should be put on the ballot for a public referendum? Just wondering...

I wonder why the Supreme Court didn't step in and instruct the California state government to remove Prop 8 from the ballot since the Constitution already protected the rights of gays and lesbians. Why did the Supreme Court not decide that it was an illegal or invalid ballot issue? Who decided that it should be put on the ballot for a public referendum? Just wondering...

A priest and a few members of the wealthy religious Californians made the plan to put in the ballot a long time before they paid a big check to the State of California that allowed them to write it on the ballot. They said that on Oprah's show. Unfortunately, Oprah's website post was removed a few weeks later in November because of too many complaints and some insulted to the church. Oprah was forced to quit this issue also because someone graffited at a church somewhere in California. I believe that some of you heard about the graffiti on the news.

Back