Profoundly deaf man scores over 90% speech recognition with hearing aids!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know one that got CI after years with BAHA, He had conductive loss.

I also wanted to point out that a person can have a conductive and sensorineural hearing loss.

Yes thats right Hear Again, that what a person i know, he had BAHA for long time but now is loosing his sensorineural hearing so he went for CI.

There is fair alot of people who had BAHA that went on to have CI... was it KimImpossible? who had BAHA then is CI user now?? let me check...

I also wanted to point out that a person can have a conductive and sensorineural hearing loss.

I thought it quite possible that the person with conductive loss and CI also had a sensorinural loss. You can't get a CI if you only have a conductive loss.

The type of hearing loss one has in most cases makes little difference over whether one is profoundly deaf or not when it comes to a diagnoses of being profoundly deaf. A person with conductive hearing loss and 90% hearing loss across the board in all frequencies and a person with the same degree of loss but Sensorineural hearing loss are still both profoundly deaf.

A lot of people don't realize that they have CIs centers now and will implant almost anyone regardless of what kind of hearing loss a person has. They are even implanting babies now in some cases. If you do not believe me then you need to watch the movie "sound and fury" because much of what I am saying was documented in that film.

You can't get a CI if you only have a conductive loss.

Then how to you explain deafs with only conductive hearing loss who have been implanted? overthepond knows of one case where this has occurred.

I'm going to e-mail my CI audi and ask if CIs are recommended for people with pure conductive loss.

Then how to you explain deafs with only conductive hearing loss who have been implanted? overthepond knows of one case where this has occurred.

My Fault i should have made it clearer.
I should have added that he is now implanted with cochlear implant after he experinced sensorineural loss. He was a BAHA user for long time for Conductive loss.

good idea.... :D

I may be wrong, but I don't think someone with a conductive loss alone can receive a CI. I believe there also needs to be a sensorineural component to their hearing loss.

I'm going to e-mail Linn Tearney at Cochlear as well.

My Fault i should have made it clearer.
I should have added that he is now implanted with cochlear implant after he experinced sensorineural loss. He was a BAHA user for long time for Conductive loss.

Oh, Ok.

I saw your post after jasin and it changed then another changed!! You weren't sure aren't you, neither am I as I have no knowledge in conductive loss, I have googled it came up with alot of jargon! very confusing... Best to ask your lovely Audi to be on safe side!!

My thoughts are conductive loss are where middle ear problems lies and sensorineural is inner ear as in cochlea and it's nerves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back