Priest interrupts wedding ceremony

In the video of the verbal altercation, the priest takes a step back. They were in his face. Remember, there were at least two people he was addressing.

In case it wasn't clearly articulated the first time. The only people to be at the altar are the priest and the bride and groom. The only people to be near the altar are the wedding party. Not arrogant imposing photographers, no matter how unreasonable they think the rules are.

unless it couples wish..personly a couple of pic signing the register all they needed...if it was a church then it would not be allowed,photogher takes two in the little office where they sign and only the wittness allowed in..faults on both sides...priest could do with some better people skills

In the video of the verbal altercation, the priest takes a step back. They were in his face. Remember, there were at least two people he was addressing.

In case it wasn't clearly articulated the first time. The only people to be at the altar are the priest and the bride and groom. The only people to be near the altar are the wedding party. Not arrogant imposing photographers, no matter how unreasonable they think the rules are.

I don't think anyone here know the couple in this wedding , so we really have no idea if they wanted the photographers to be so close and they did want that it should had happen. They're paying for the wedding and it's their day , not the priest or God day. I really don't think God's feeling would had gotten hurt.

You keep talking about "at the altar". Shooting with a 70-200mm zoom lens he could have been a considerable distance behind the priest. Just how far back does an outdoor altar extend for an Episcopalian wedding?

To me he appears to simply turn to look behind where he is standing; not take a step toward the couple.

But, the part in the quote that I added the bold to is what I am still wondering about.

I think there was a problem of miscommunication and lack of planning all round.

However, that's water under the bridge. The bride and groom got their pictures and video. The video can be edited. After the first anniversary, no one will probably look at it again. The wedding is just one day of a lifetime marriage. Big deal.

If this is the worst thing that happens to them during their marriage, they are blessed and rare indeed.

It's much ado about nothing. If it weren't for youtube and forums, it would be less than nothing.

I think there was a problem of miscommunication and lack of planning all round.

However, that's water under the bridge. The bride and groom got their pictures and video. The video can be edited. After the first anniversary, no one will probably look at it again. The wedding is just one day of a lifetime marriage. Big deal.

If this is the worst thing that happens to them during their marriage, they are blessed and rare indeed.

It's much ado about nothing. If it weren't for youtube and forums, it would be less than nothing.

I agree that it is a reminder about the importance of planning. Hopefully others will make note of it so that they don't have to go through anything similar.

The newlyweds were not upset with the priest.

The couple told CNN after the video went viral that they weren't upset by the priest's reaction to the photographers; rather, they were concerned they would have to step in and say something to keep the ceremony going. In fact, the couple was not even aware their awkward wedding event had gained so much media attention until after they arrived at their honeymoon destination to find out their video had received over 300,000 hits on YouTube in two days
What's more, they didn't say anything about wanting video/photos to be taken behind the priest.

unless it couples wish..personly a couple of pic signing the register all they needed...if it was a church then it would not be allowed,photogher takes two in the little office where they sign and only the wittness allowed in..faults on both sides...priest could do with some better people skills

Actually, at my wedding, my wishes were not honored. I wanted my dog to be my best man. Everyone said "NO!".

I even bought a large balloon for him to float down the aisle. He only weighs 7 pounds.

Oh well.

it would not bothered me if plain plank been there to wittness me,i made mistake in fact wish i had married a plank

my sister and me were wittness to each other on both occasions we double up laughing they had stop our weddings untill we compose ourselves then everyone else started laughing my dad was doing his nut cos we not taking it seruously both her and me went on to have miserable marriages...if we known our outcome we been crying..
this young couple it sad what priest did emabrassing what should been happy was day tarnished,let hope years to come they try find humour in it and not have him for christning

I've seen priests stop and get mad for laughing also.

I was at one of my cousin's wedding and just as the bride came walking out my hearing aid started to feedback. My sister kept elbowing me to turn off my HA . I am not sure how many people heard it but I bet people that someone was whistling at the bride. I could had told some people that it was a Jewish custom to whistle at the bride and I bet some would had believed me. :giggle:

I still think the mini hot air balloon for my dog to come down the aisle was brilliant. It wasn't really a hot air balloon, but I was going to make it look like one. Like an antique 1880's hot air balloon. http://www.giantballoonsnow.com/

il_340x270.281816852.jpg

except with a chihuahua in a tux http://www.doggieclothesline.com/wedding

Too bad my brilliance is lost on some people :(

:lol:

Back