Priest interrupts wedding ceremony

Calvin

In Hazzard County
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
[yt]oReLN5nntKw[/yt]

A bride and groom were left speechless at their wedding after the priest carrying out the ceremony stopped to scold photographers standing behind him.

A video posted to YouTube captures the moment that the clergyman turns away from horrified bride Noelle Borriello and her fiancé Rob Ruehle to tell the photographers they have to move.

It appears that he's been so annoyed by the constant click-clicking of the camera shutters that he feels they are ruining the sanctity of the moment

Read more: Minister stops wedding ceremony to shout at photographers

I can understand the photographers are too close which can be distracting to the minister. Perhaps they should stay back and wouldn't they have a zoom lenses to take pictures in the distance?

I don't care if it was annoying him, that is an awful thing to do. Clicking noises are ruining the sanctity of the ceremony? How about somebody stopping the wedding to pitch a fit? That is incredibly rude to the people he was performing the ceremony for. Did he think about that? Nooooooo what an asshole.

Perhaps he should mind his own business and carry on with the wedding. Threatening to stop the ceremony is over the top.

I don't care if it was annoying him, that us an awful thing to do. Clicking noises are ruining the sanctity of the ceremony? How about somebody stopping the wedding to pitch a fit? That is incredibly rude to the people he was performing the ceremony for. Did he think about that? Nooooooo

Perhaps he should mind his own business and carry on with the wedding. Threatening to stop the ceremony is over the top.

Very!! How bad of a mood do have to be in for something like that yo bother you so badly that you'd stop in the middle of the ceremony to chide someone. The photographers were hired to take pictures of the wedding, if I was the bride I would be so mad at that guy!!

Yeah clearly in the video, the bride and groom were in awkward situation when the minister scolds the photographers.

Very!! How bad of a mood do have to be in for something like that yo bother you so badly that you'd stop in the middle of the ceremony to chide someone. The photographers were hired to take pictures of the wedding, if I was the bride I was be so mad at that guy!!

I'm surprised this happened. Usually professional wedding photographers know how to discreetly take their pictures and videos without disturbing anyone, and I'm surprised that they talked back to the priest; that made things even more disruptive.

yeah, some people feel they are entitled to be rude to others.

It was rude if the priest to disrupt the ceremony in the first place. A collar doesn't give him carte Blanche to do whatever he wants, and no it wasn't his right. It wasn't his ceremony to disrupt, it was the bride and grooms. No he doesn't have the right to rudely ruin someone's wedding ceremony just because someone was annoying him.

Wondering how many people will use him for their wedding in the future. I sure as hell wouldn't.

It was rude if the priest to disrupt the ceremony in the first place. A collar doesn't give him carte Blanche to do whatever he wants, and no it wasn't his right. It wasn't his ceremony to disrupt, it was the bride and grooms. No he doesn't have the right to rudely ruin someone's wedding ceremony just because someone was annoying him.

Wondering how many people will use him for their wedding in the future. I sure as hell wouldn't.

Whether you agree with it or not, yes, it was his right to stop the ceremony. He is the Priest. It does not matter if you feel he was being conceited, arrogant or anything else. It was his sole right to do what he did.

I would want him to perform my son's wedding as I now have the assurance that he holds the wedding sanctuary a very sacred place (because it is).

To further add to this, i am sure he made the rules crystal clear before the ceremony even started.

No he was not in his right , it was not his wedding and he took some of joy out it by being an ass .

Like I said, whether or not you agree with it - yes, it was his right. You cannot force anyone to perform a ceremony. you can call him an ass, a conceited prick, or any other names that will make you feel better, but it does not change the fact that it was his right.

In my opinion, the wedding photographers were the ones being an ass. They did not show any respect and the Priest was right to call them out on it.

Whether you agree with it or not, yes, it was his right to stop the ceremony. He is the Priest. It does not matter if you feel he was being conceited, arrogant or anything else. It was his sole right to do what he did.

I would want him to perform my son's wedding as I now have the assurance that he holds the wedding sanctuary a very sacred place (because it is).

To further add to this, i am sure he made the rules crystal clear before the ceremony even started.

You know not know if the Priest made anything rules crystal clear . And the person taking the photos would not know that and could had been doing what the couple wanted . The Priest is not the one paying for the wedding ,, he was hire to marry the couple and he was out of place. You can tell the couple look very uncomfortable by the look on their faces .
and I think it should be up to your son who perform his wedding if he want to get married.

I could maybe see if they were in a church. I know some church wedding ceremonies flash photography is not allowed. They were outside!!!! I would have been upset if I was the bride. The priest stopping the ceremony was a huge distraction versus click, click click. He sure looked rather grumpy.

Like I said, whether or not you agree with it - yes, it was his right. You cannot force anyone to perform a ceremony. you can call him an ass, a conceited prick, or any other names that will make you feel better, but it does not change the fact that it was his right.

In my opinion, the wedding photographers were the ones being an ass. They did not show any respect and the Priest was right to call them out on it.

Did you see the look on the couple faces, does that looks like they're happy about what the Priest did? The Priest could had sweat it out.

That is what I thought, the couple hired the photographer to take pictures, hired the minister to perform the ceremony. It's not the minister's place to give instructions to the photographer. The minister's duty is to perform the ceremony, and doesn't make any rules for the wedding. Like I mentioned here, the minister should mind his own business and not ruin the couple's special moments.

You know not know if the Priest made anything rules crystal clear . And the person taking the photos would not know that and could had been doing what the couple wanted . The Priest is not the one paying for the wedding ,, he was hire to marry the couple and he was out of place. You can tell the couple look very uncomfortable by the look on their faces .
and I think it should be up to your son who perform his wedding if he want to get married.

I happen to know that yes, there is a rehearsal for when ground rules are laid out. The Priest conducts the ceremony, not the couple, not the photographers, and it does not matter what they paid for. When the priest is marrying a couple - they are the one in charge - not the photographer, not the couple, not the family.

Not happy with it? Get a Justice of the Peace wedding.

That is what I thought, the couple hired the photographer to take pictures, hired the minister to perform the ceremony. It's not the minister's place to give instructions to the photographer. The minister's duty is to perform the ceremony, and doesn't make any rules for the wedding. Like I mentioned here, the minister should mind his own business and not ruin the couple's special moments.

Exactly. It's not like this his church sermon in his church, he was performing a service for someone else. He may be performing the wedding, but it's not his wedding, it's the couple wedding, they're the boss, not him.

Back