President Obama reverses abortion-funds policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's where social service agencies come in.
typical solution by pro-lifers but sad part is - our foster care system is broken.

What are you means? they can take baby away if they couldn't afford to keep baby?

yes of course. they can take your baby away if there is abuse too

not necessarily. lots of social service agencies provide funding and shelter to teenage mothers and/or couples who need it.

Oh really for teenage mothers who got kicked out from parent?

Being kick out from parent is no fun. :(

who said it was? ...and yes, social service agencies do not discriminate on the basis of why a teenage mother is disowned from her parents. they provide assistance to any teenage mother who needs it.

it's not that easy though. it's mostly reserved for those in dire situation.... such as abused mother/wife. because they have very limited budget and space.

it's not that easy though. it's mostly reserved for those in dire situation.... such as abused mother/wife. because they have very limited budget and space.

actually, it's not. there are plenty of social service agencies who help teenage mothers regardless of income. i've studied social work for the past 3 and a half years and know this to be fact. for example, free walk-in clinics provide medical services to any teenage mother who needs it.

actually, it's not. there are plenty of social service agencies who help teenage mothers regardless of income. i've studied social work for the past 3 and a half years and know this to be fact.

I was referring to non-profit organizations

you didn't clarify that in your post. hence, my confusion.

however - i wouldn't put much faith in social service system. it's simply overworked, underfunded.

who said it was? ...and yes, social service agencies do not discriminate on the basis of why a teenage mother is disowned from her parents. they provide assistance to any teenage mother who needs it.

I was just ask to make understand.

Thanks for explanation that you did.

no parent "forces" their daughter to have an abortion. it is the teenage mother who chooses to have an abortion -- no one else. besides, if a teenage mother allows a doctor to touch her body, she is giving him/her permission to conduct an abortion.
It has happened, and two of our own ADers have testified to their own experiences.

Some parents have a lot of control (physical, emotional, financial) over their minor daughters.

no parent "forces" their daughter to have an abortion.

It's not true. I was forced to have an abortion by parents when I was 17. My parents allowed my young sister to keep her unborn child when she was 16. I am 2 years older than my sister.

it is the teenage mother who chooses to have an abortion -- no one else.

I wasn't allowed to choose NOT to have an abortion.

besides, if a teenage mother allows a doctor to touch her body, she is giving him/her permission to conduct an abortion.

Doctor already touched by usin' a vacuum to kill my unborn child. I felt like my body doesn't belong to me. It belonged to my parents who made the decisions without discussin' it with me first to see how I felt. It was always my parents' feelings to decide what's the best for THEM.

It has happened, and two of our own ADers have testified to their own experiences.

Some parents have a lot of control (physical, emotional, financial) over their minor daughters.

when you explain it that way reba, it makes perfect sense (not that i condone it). my apologies for debating everyone in this thread.

You are right.

so 2.......... out of 10000 who absolutely needs it
No, that's 2 out whatever number of female ADers have had abortions, and have been willing to share that information with us.

Where do you get "10000"? I think you're just tossing around numbers.

I think Jiro was just trying to show how insignificant the testimonial of two does as a whole compared to the rest of the people related to it. It was more of a sarcastic tongue in cheek reference.

I think Jiro was just trying to show how insignificant the testimonial of two does as a whole compared to the rest of the people related to it. It was more of a sarcastic tongue in cheek reference.

yes. "the needs of few outweighs the needs of many"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back