Powell Shooting

here is good info
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syxrpLbaEuY]Should You Carry A Round In The Chamber? - YouTube[/ame]

Then you have no respect for humanity at all. Don't twist my words. I still feel there is other options of ways to arrest a person whether innocent or guilty. Shooting the upper body is not the way to go. Shooting the leg is better without danger to their life. The video is just only a demonstration. The officers were being threaten by karate Chinese or Korean or Japanese man. So there has to find some solutions with the quick thinking before you both get hurt in the process like in the demonstration.

Then you have no respect for humanity at all. Don't twist my words. I still feel there is other options of ways to arrest a person whether innocent or guilty. Shooting the upper body is not the way to go. Shooting the leg is better without danger to their life. The video is just only a demonstration. The officers were being threaten by karate Chinese or Korean or Japanese man. So there has to find some solutions with the quick thinking before you both get hurt in the process like in the demonstration.

No, not putting their lives in danger would be a wise choice to themselves and others... they are not innocent acting that way whatsoever...
You don't think I would protect myself or my family? What about you? You gonna aim for that leg?

also if you are going to go wave a knife/gun around and make threats, im not gonna sit next to you and buy you a beer and make it all go away.

I don't know about you guys, but I was raised to respect police officers. yes, even the cocky and belligerent ones that go on a "respect mah authoritah!!" power trip.

If an Officer, under color of law, tells me to STOP!

Guess what I would do? I would stop.

Do they not teach this in Self Preservation 101 anymore?

Even if I didn't hear them ... and they raise a gun at me .. that should be a clue.

Twist your words? I don't know what you are talking about.

BTW, FBI shoot the upper body, too. It's their training. Don't like it? Write a letter to your senator. If s/he agrees with you, maybe it will be brought up in Congress. If s/he disagrees, maybe you will get a letter explaining to you like what sono and I were saying before.

This is one of the shooting targets for law enforcements.
Show me, where are the legs?

You do realize he had something in his hand right?

There is a 21 foot rule .... look it up.

Twist your words? I don't know what you are talking about.

BTW, FBI shoot the upper body, too. It's their training. Don't like it? Write a letter to your senator. If s/he agrees with you, maybe it will be brought up in Congress. If s/he disagrees, maybe you will get a letter explaining to you like what sono and I were saying before.

This is one of the shooting targets for law enforcements.
Show me, where are the legs?

That's easy, they already cut them off so the target couldn't run away.

So men like you all over the world like violence so much that there is no feeling for compassion and humanity. Wars does not solve anything to try to have peace no matter what colors and religions including our cultures. Police departments across the country are going to be like the military environment. That would be the State Police which is very bad for our society. That is why people want to protest against violence between cops and the person who had no choice on having a chance of tell their sides of their story on why a person did it and why the cops did it.

Also a person who is a civilian are not suppose to have guns at all but NRA and other like the Police department don't care and would rather kill like as if we were animals whether we are innocent or not innocent.

We are people, not some garbage that make the cops throw us away. There has to be a solution in the right way that would have the cops protect and to serve as peace officers. Not like the cops who refuse to listen to us or to be understanding us as we are different in our own way. We were being forced to do what the cops want us to do. It has nothing to do with danger at all. There might have been bad men who want to do corrupt things and yes, men need to be arrest and go to jail for being corrupt on their part against the law.

But still the cops are not listening to their pleas at all. They just want to do away with them for no reason at all. That is what make us upset over this incidents. There is no professional skills in doing the right thing to help and be calm with the person who has problems whether bad or good. That is what the peace officers should be to protect and to serve.

The reason why I say this is because there was a homeless man who slept on the cliff near the bridge (not sure of the location in New Mexico) and the cops came over to tell him that he was not suppose to be at the cliff. He had mental illness and he was going to put the clothes into his bag when one of the cops shot him and kill him right there. There was no weapon(s) on him. The homeless man never had a chance to live and explain why he chose the site to sleep in. Those cops are not peace officers at all. That is what make the people in Albuquerque, New Mexico got upset over this incident. :(

You are right, Bebonang. If a cop did wrong, he will be charged as long as evidences point to him. Period.

So men like you all over the world like violence so much that there is no feeling for compassion and humanity. Wars does not solve anything to try to have peace no matter what colors and religions including our cultures. Police departments across the country are going to be like the military environment. That would be the State Police which is very bad for our society. That is why people want to protest against violence between cops and the person who had no choice on having a chance of tell their sides of their story on why a person did it and why the cops did it.

Also a person who is a civilian are not suppose to have guns at all but NRA and other like the Police department don't care and would rather kill like as if we were animals whether we are innocent or not innocent.

We are people, not some garbage that make the cops throw us away. There has to be a solution in the right way that would have the cops protect and to serve as peace officers. Not like the cops who refuse to listen to us or to be understanding us as we are different in our own way. We were being forced to do what the cops want us to do. It has nothing to do with danger at all. There might have been bad men who want to do corrupt things and yes, men need to be arrest and go to jail for being corrupt on their part against the law.

But still the cops are not listening to their pleas at all. They just want to do away with them for no reason at all. That is what make us upset over this incidents. There is no professional skills in doing the right thing to help and be calm with the person who has problems whether bad or good. That is what the peace officers should be to protect and to serve.

The reason why I say this is because there was a homeless man who slept on the cliff near the bridge (not sure of the location in New Mexico) and the cops came over to tell him that he was not suppose to be at the cliff. He had mental illness and he was going to put the clothes into his bag when one of the cops shot him and kill him right there. There was no weapon(s) on him. The homeless man never had a chance to live and explain why he chose the site to sleep in. Those cops are not peace officers at all. That is what make the people in Albuquerque, New Mexico got upset over this incident. :(

Theres a name for that, called

SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST.

Bums, homeless people... #1 rule is NEVER EVER walk up on them. They sleep with knives and other weapons and if startled they will instantly stab you (just survival instincts) since they are robbed and abused, they are vulnerable to the public. I know, I helped them, and you are trying to paint me as bad? No, I have extensive street smarts due to my career.

Bums, homeless people... #1 rule is NEVER EVER walk up on them. They sleep with knives and other weapons and if startled they will instantly stab you (just survival instincts) since they are robbed and abused, they are vulnerable to the public. I know, I helped them, and you are trying to paint me as bad? No, I have extensive street smarts due to my career.

Thing is I support police officers fully and recognize no one is above the law (cops, law students, and etc) but APD went way beyond what was needed in that case. I know it's a spit minute decision. I've watched videos of cops being gunned down in line of duty on tape. Not a wonderful sight to see or a sound to hear. However, the incident with the homeless man gunned down was senseless by APD.

Normally I wouldn't comment on stuff like this but APD already had several officer involved shootings over the years. That incident was not survival of the fittest. It was a quick decision that ended in the wrong manner.

Unfortunately, APD shouldn't have been justified in that case (mainly my opinion): That lawsuit against APD isn't cheap...

and that's exactly why they shot him, he didn't listen to commands, he wouldn't drop the weapon ( a knife) and he was a threat to them. At 5 feet away, anything can happen in a split second, the guy can lunge with the knife, he can tackle anyone before they can react
(go ahead Jiro, stand 5 feet from someone and tell them to slap you at anytime...carry on a conversation and out of the blue "kapow" did you have time to react....probly not for the most part.
So, when someone is about to enter your bubble, that is too close for comfort...weapon or not, and in this case a knife.
Taking martial arts, (with a coated weapon) you would be amazed at how many marks are left on you after a hand to hand combat, you may not feel it during the heat of the momments, but you will get cut, no matter how good you are, weither a pro or novice.... that's why you keep your distance and that's why you MAKE them keep theirs...sometimes, its for the worst.

perhaps they should take lesson from this guy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmWnvN_XsMY]Watch: Liquor store cashier pulls gun on would-be robber - YouTube[/ame]

Police and Military are trained to shoot the Mass of an object. Aim for a leg and miss, whats behind that person that may catch that stray bullet? An innocent bystander? A Child? Goes through a window of a home or passing car? The larger your target the less chance of missing.
You are only going to get shot if you don't follow orders or present a threat (eg: not dropping the knife and keep advancing, pointing a weapon at or displaying one, making verbal threats and advancing) you have no idea what someone is capatable of or if they are on any drugs (eg: PCP ) the criminal can have superhuman strength...look it up.
You do not let a situation accelerate and get out of control, you stop it dead in its tracks. if someone broke into your home, you gonna shoot them in the leg, hell no, just pisses them off and if they have a weapon, they will use it to the full extent especially if they think they have a fighting chance to get away... you make EVERY shot count.

I would not even put "police" and "military" in same sentence. The amount of time and training that police officers receive is a joke. They need to learn how to descalate the situation. They need to learn how to shoot... not spray.

or him....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AA_dgRdDhk]Good guy 1, Bad guy 0, CCW in action unedited - YouTube[/ame]

I understand what you are trying to do, and agree to some extent, and disagree with you on other points ( the racial aspect ). Yes, officers should be investigated ....impartially....after each shooting. Most Departments do this.

But ... I would go one step further and remove qualified immunity.
completely agree.

I also feel that civilians have every right to own the same weapons the police have. We have the 2nd Amendment for a reason. Most LEO's that I know agree with me on this, it would keep the power tripping bad apples off the force.
completely agree.

In this video however, the person was warned to stop by two officers. I didn't see a knife because the video I saw was from too far away. They shot and killed him because he didn't stop. They did not know if he had a firearm or not. He was also approaching them in Ana aggressive manner.
I guess we'll have to wait and see what the investigation concludes if officers' conducts were legal or not.

Back