Powell Shooting

it did happen, look at how he holding the knife, in an overhand grip, military style technique. They didn't lie, its fact.

but.... they said he never held a knife in overhand grip.

but.... they said he never held a knife in overhand grip.

Ok, you the pro with judgements, distances, angles..ect.... we are just your sheep, carry on.
look at the man fall, he is less than 3 feet from them.

Ok, you the pro with judgements, distances, angles..ect.... we are just your sheep, carry on.

the video is the proof. and the investigators (more pro than me) state that the video contradicts with officers' statements. I don't know what do you want me to say. I can't see how you cannot see it in the video. I guess we see what we want to see and I know for sure that I'm seeing it right.

Hope you don't hunt, youll miss every time.

I don't hunt but I've hunted before. no miss.

no idea why you're attacking me. why aren't you attacking the investigators?

the video is the proof. and the investigators (more pro than me) state that the video contradicts with officers' statements. I don't know what do you want me to say. I can't see how you cannot see it in the video. I guess we see what we want to see and I know for sure that I'm seeing it right.
Source, where?

and you're saying that the investigators are wrong? oh ok. sure you must be an expert better than them.

I didn't say the investigators are wrong, I agreed the video is proof. I worked the area, I know how these people are and what they do.
You wont find me anywhere near that area and haven't the past 5 years. And if I ever have to go around that area, I got enough street smarts from being assigned that area before... media doesn't know squat, investigators...well if they are seasoned with the area they know, but if they are newbs to the area...its a whole new learning experience altogether for them. Same as with anything

I posted a video in OP. if that looks like 5 feet to you, then you need to learn what 5 feet is like.

with this video, the officials found that the video did not match up with officers' statements. they said it's not even 3-5 feet. it's more than 10 feet.
You can't see how many ft in the video you posted because it's too far. It's not important as long as the law allows the police to use lethal force when a person with a weapon or a person who charges toward the police is within 21 ft.

You can't see how many ft in the video you posted because it's too far. It's not important as long as the law allows the police to use lethal force when a person with a weapon or a person who charges toward the police is within 21 ft.

looking at the video, in relation to height of the people and when he falls , Powell is within 5 feet of the officers, if he fell forward he would have basically kissed his shoes. Look at the evidence, how many steps did the officer take to get to the man on the ground...hmmmm...hmmmmm

if that's not enough...the sidewalk is a 2x3, 3x3, 2x3....the cop is standing at the outer edge of the 3x3 square, then the mr powell is on the lawn at the outer edge of the 2x3 square, so (2' + 3' = 5') so Mr Powell was exactly 5' from the officer when he was shot. Video is the proof...fact and HARD EVIDENCE. Cant denie it Jiro.

and I am saying that this new video contradicts with officers' statements and the officials are investigating it. a new lead.

I understand what you are trying to do, and agree to some extent, and disagree with you on other points ( the racial aspect ). Yes, officers should be investigated ....impartially....after each shooting. Most Departments do this.

But ... I would go one step further and remove qualified immunity. I also feel that civilians have every right to own the same weapons the police have. We have the 2nd Amendment for a reason. Most LEO's that I know agree with me on this, it would keep the power tripping bad apples off the force.

In this video however, the person was warned to stop by two officers. I didn't see a knife because the video I saw was from too far away. They shot and killed him because he didn't stop. They did not know if he had a firearm or not. He was also approaching them in Ana aggressive manner.

I understand what you are trying to do, and agree to some extent, and disagree with you on other points ( the racial aspect ). Yes, officers should be investigated ....impartially....after each shooting. Most Departments do this.

But ... I would go one step further and remove qualified immunity. I also feel that civilians have every right to own the same weapons the police have. We have the 2nd Amendment for a reason. Most LEO's that I know agree with me on this, it would keep the power tripping bad apples off the force.

In this video however, the person was warned to stop by two officers. I didn't see a knife because the video I saw was from too far away. They shot and killed him because he didn't stop. They did not know if he had a firearm or not. He was also approaching them in Ana aggressive manner.
and that's exactly why they shot him, he didn't listen to commands, he wouldn't drop the weapon ( a knife) and he was a threat to them. At 5 feet away, anything can happen in a split second, the guy can lunge with the knife, he can tackle anyone before they can react
(go ahead Jiro, stand 5 feet from someone and tell them to slap you at anytime...carry on a conversation and out of the blue "kapow" did you have time to react....probly not for the most part.
So, when someone is about to enter your bubble, that is too close for comfort...weapon or not, and in this case a knife.
Taking martial arts, (with a coated weapon) you would be amazed at how many marks are left on you after a hand to hand combat, you may not feel it during the heat of the momments, but you will get cut, no matter how good you are, weither a pro or novice.... that's why you keep your distance and that's why you MAKE them keep theirs...sometimes, its for the worst.

Would the police officer shot him in the leg only one time, not 9 times to get him down on the sidewalk or ground? Powell would have been alive if he had fallen on the ground. The police officer would be able to take the knife away from him and also to arrest him until further notice of getting a lawyer for himself. But the officer were way over their head with by killing him instantly right then and there.

That does not make any sense of policing the way to treat people who have problems like Powell who might have gone crazy. The police have to remember he is human being and need help because of his grieve of something that bother him so much. You can not shoot a person with full of bullets like that. That is exactly what happen to Michael Brown. :(

Would the police officer shot him in the leg only one time, not 9 times to get him down on the sidewalk or ground? Powell would have been alive if he had fallen on the ground. The police officer would be able to take the knife away from him and also to arrest him until further notice of getting a lawyer for himself. But the officer were way over their head with by killing him instantly right then and there.
What if a cop shoot the leg and miss? That's why they are trained to shoot the upper body.

Police and Military are trained to shoot the Mass of an object. Aim for a leg and miss, whats behind that person that may catch that stray bullet? An innocent bystander? A Child? Goes through a window of a home or passing car? The larger your target the less chance of missing.
You are only going to get shot if you don't follow orders or present a threat (eg: not dropping the knife and keep advancing, pointing a weapon at or displaying one, making verbal threats and advancing) you have no idea what someone is capatable of or if they are on any drugs (eg: PCP ) the criminal can have superhuman strength...look it up.
You do not let a situation accelerate and get out of control, you stop it dead in its tracks. if someone broke into your home, you gonna shoot them in the leg, hell no, just pisses them off and if they have a weapon, they will use it to the full extent especially if they think they have a fighting chance to get away... you make EVERY shot count.

I don't hunt but I've hunted before. no miss.

no idea why you're attacking me. why aren't you attacking the investigators?

So where is the source that Im attacking you? im only reasoning, your judgement of distance is off with all the obvious evidence right before you.

CP, I forgot completely about that video, we were shown that in the Police Academy, it just proof of how quick the tables can turn. I wish I could find some of the others they have shown, pretty straight forward, and that was in the mid 90's... I bet it has really tightened up since then too.

Back