Pope shows concern but no apology for Islam comments

Arabs Attacked Christain churches in Isreal. And Isrealians arent gonna attack hamas. Heres What George Bush should do.Tell the Israel PM I Demand to make arrests on hamas.If you dont do a thing about hamas,,were not gonna do anything about IRAN i guess you gonna have to put up with this crazy guy.
Mahmoud%20Ahmadinejad%201.jpg

Arabs Attacked Christain churches in Isreal. And Isrealians arent gonna attack hamas. Heres What George Bush should do.Tell the Israel PM I Demand to make arrests on hamas.If you dont do a thing about hamas,,were not gonna do anything about IRAN i guess you gonna have to put up with this crazy guy.
Mahmoud%20Ahmadinejad%201.jpg

Actually, The churches that got attacked were in the Gaza Strip which is under the Palestinian National Authority. The Palestinian police are already taking care of it. The churches were not under Israeli's jurisdiction.

Actually, The churches that got attacked were in the Gaza Strip which is under the Palestinian National Authority. The Palestinian police are already taking care of it. The churches were not under Israeli's jurisdiction.

What in the hell catholic churches doing in muslim territory?

As I understand it, not all Palestinians are Muslims. They are Christians too. Muslims, I believe, are the majority though.

Using the words, "Jihad" and "Holy War" in a lecture at the University of Regensburg, he quoted criticism of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) by a 14th Century Byzantine Christian emperor.

"Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached," Benedict quoted Manuel II.

he quoted....in other words not his own words..
but why quote these words...?
i will join later..a lot to do today..and very sunny
MPACUK :: Muslim Discussion Forum - Pope incites Islamophobia and insults Prophet (SAWS)
an ongoing thread

Using the words, "Jihad" and "Holy War" in a lecture at the University of Regensburg, he quoted criticism of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) by a 14th Century Byzantine Christian emperor.

"Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached," Benedict quoted Manuel II.

he quoted....in other words not his own words..
but why quote these words...?
i will join later..a lot to do today..and very sunny
MPACUK :: Muslim Discussion Forum - Pope incites Islamophobia and insults Prophet (SAWS)
an ongoing thread

A good question, BHAI1.

A good question, BHAI1.

Agreed with Fyborg...but then again the pope is supposed to try and bridge the divided gaps between religions to foster a better understanding, even though I am not a catholic, I liked Pope John Paul II!

Kashveera

Agreed with Fyborg...but then again the pope is supposed to try and bridge the divided gaps between religions to foster a better understanding, even though I am not a catholic, I liked Pope John Paul II!

Kashveera

Pope John Paul the Great was a good pope, but I'll give Pope Benedict XVI a chance--he's stepping into massive shoes, not an easy task!

Pope John Paul the Great was a good pope, but I'll give Pope Benedict XVI a chance--he's stepping into massive shoes, not an easy task!

Honestly I have to agree with you, I think that it is indeed a massive task because John Paul was so good at what he did!! By the way, I believe you guys are against a whole lot of things especially abortion! (I personally don't agree with it)!!

Kashveera

Honestly I have to agree with you, I think that it is indeed a massive task because John Paul was so good at what he did!! By the way, I believe you guys are against a whole lot of things especially abortion! (I personally don't agree with it)!!

Kashveera

The best kept-secret of the Catholic Church is our social teachings! I'm not kidding! People know the Church's against a lot of things....but the Church belives in helping the less fortunate out--including deaf people. The Church is very progressive when it comes to distribution of wealth. Since Jesus said to be kind to the poor (in money and in spirit), equitable income is a hot topic. We're more inclined to help than to criticize...

The Thing Is ..now In The World We Cant Stop Peoples Tongues..

What We Can Do ...is Be Good People Ourselves And Refrain From Hurting The Feelings Of Others..we May Disagree With Things In Other Religions..but Disagreement Happens In The Most Closest Of Families And Groups..to Hint/quote Something Is Done Everyday..a Pope Doing It Is More Public..

We All Have Different Outlooks And Differences,but So What ..we Drink The Same Water And Breathe The Same Air..
Problems Arise When We Want To Impose Our Way Of Life On Others ..by Force..mainly.
Until Then Some Decorum And Forethought Can Go A Long Way

The Thing Is ..now In The World We Cant Stop Peoples Tongues..

What We Can Do ...is Be Good People Ourselves And Refrain From Hurting The Feelings Of Others..we May Disagree With Things In Other Religions..but Disagreement Happens In The Most Closest Of Families And Groups..to Hint/quote Something Is Done Everyday..a Pope Doing It Is More Public..

We All Have Different Outlooks And Differences,but So What ..we Drink The Same Water And Breathe The Same Air..
Problems Arise When We Want To Impose Our Way Of Life On Others ..by Force..mainly.
Until Then Some Decorum And Forethought Can Go A Long Way

Sadly, in this world, it's more "chic" to be extreme than to be moderate--you see it in politics, government, work, play, even religion...
Not many people think before they speak anymore.

Why should pope make an apology to them when they compare him to Hitler?

compared to hitler?was that before or after the comments

also ..does the pope represent the views of all christians..

THERE ARE NO MUSLIM LEADERS TODAY
therefore the views of some muslims do not reflect us all.
each muslim is an individual..we are not a collective at the moment,deeply fragmented and divided ourselves

compared to hitler?was that before or after the comments

also ..does the pope represent the views of all christians..

THERE ARE NO MUSLIM LEADERS TODAY
therefore the views of some muslims do not reflect us all.
each muslim is an individual..we are not a collective at the moment,deeply fragmented and divided ourselves

It was after pope's comment. And pope does not represent the views of all christians and yet they burned non-catholic churches in Gaza. No muslim leaders? It was said by a Turkish Muslim religious leader.

U know when they compare pope to Hitler, it offended me esp when Hitler killed one of family member who was a Catholic.
I am so sorry it anger them somehow but I am sorry they anger me somehow when they made that comment.

Peace.

What im confused about is that these are not his statements. He repeated what somebody else had said while he was giving a speech. i would like to see the rest of the popes speech and see what it was about. im sure he did not just stand up and bash muslims.

i once saw somebody give a speech on racial stuff. he was a black man and he repeated the words of Louis Farrakhan:

""That's a slave talking. Who was he [Julian Bond] talking to? He was talking to his masters. Sir, I am not the least bit disturbed by that. Any time the Jewish philanthropists financed the NAACP, they have a stake in what the NAACP does. So the leaders of that organization have to kowtow to those kinds of powers. That's what I'm angry about. I'm hateful of their inordinate control over black politicians, black intellectuals, black organizations, and I will fight to destroy that kind of control as long as God gives me health and strength. We will never be free until we are free of that kind of control that limits our ability to state exactly what we think and what we feel.""

The bold is what speaker quoted. The next day it comes out that the speaker is a racist because he told the group not to think that way.

In the big picture, his speech was about personal empowerment, that we are in control of our destinies and that we will succeed or fail because of our own actions.

id like to see the whole speech from pope to understand.

I'm not a Catholic, and I don't follow the Pope. Perhaps his statement was not wise.

However, does that justify the riots, church burnings, and shooting a nun in the back? NO! If anything, the Muslims reacting in violence prove that what the Pope quoted has truth to the statement! The Muslim reaction is backfiring. If they want to prove their religion is not violent why do they react violently to every perceived insult?

I'm not a Catholic, and I don't follow the Pope. Perhaps his statement was not wise.

However, does that justify the riots, church burnings, and shooting a nun in the back? NO! If anything, the Muslims reacting in violence prove that what the Pope quoted has truth to the statement! The Muslim reaction is backfiring. If they want to prove their religion is not violent why do they react violently to every perceived insult?

I think you have made a valid point!!

Kashveera

Back