Poll on Copying and Pasting

Should Copying and Pasting Be Considered For The Forum Policy?

• Yes, this is something we need to consider seriously for the forum.

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • No, we do not need to consider adding to the forum policy.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Malfoyish said:
I understand that, sweetie - I wasn't saying you were responsible. It was just a general statement pertaining to ANYONE who posts in forums. This means you, me, EVERYONE.

I also did say that if one intended to use another's quote, it should be done with respect and permission should be obtained FIRST. I believe that to be fair and respectful.

If Eve was wrong to use the quotes without asking the permission of the members she quoted first, then that's damage that's already been done. But as I understand correctly, Eve is not the only one guilty of doing so.

Extactly I got your point..

Reason eve already talked me out SHE DOESN'T CARE... she did say that front of public at DF'ers.. (which I have proof evidence 110% w/me) and also she stated that AD is weak rules...

until PM.. she admit that she mistake and wishes have ask member permission first.. before go post..

which TOO LATE!!!!
Already damage done for... :)

Eve said:
Actually, quite recently I saw one of you post a quote from that other forum here in AD. So, who is right, who is wrong? What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right? However, that being said, I have already decided to simply post url's rather than quotes, as the general population in that other forum tend to be intelligent enough to find quotes without assistance.

Nope, it´s not nice of you paste ADer´s post to add your thread in hidden forum without get members permission.

I consider what you did is immaturity because you know this forum here is open forum for everyone´s view. I can´t see the sense why you pasted ADer´s posts over to hidden forum.

What you did is disrespectful.

Liebling:-))) said:
Maloyische,

Unfortunlately, GalaxyAngel is correct. It´s Eve who pasted ADer´s posts and also PM, too to add in SuperForum (hidden forum) in first place, not GalaxyAngel and me. We only disagree what she did with her thread because it suppose for open forum under Other Forum for member´s view, not SuperForum. She should post open forum if she want to play immature games.

Beleive me Malfoyish, we didn´t violate SuperForum´s rules. I post right away to Cheri´s thread to annonnce that I am being ban by forum owner and then inform Cheri that Eve violated Cheri´s PM in her thread AFTER received suspension email from forum owner.

Malfoyische, I do not expect you to beleive me but I only want you aware it, that´s all.

That´s why I think it´s meanfuling to fix a new rule about coping and pasting...

I'm aware, Liebling darling. I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone. I'm just saying in general. I don't even have access to the Superforum, so I have no way of saying who did any wrongdoing in the first place.

Not trying to take sides here. I'm just posting my thoughts about copying and pasting, not about the Superforum at all. :dunno: I don't even have the full story about "what happened" with the SF members, Eve, Cheri, etc. I have absolutely nothing to do with it and am contributing from a neutral perspective.

I voted.

I never trust that site DF and I know its a full of garbage. Am glad that I am never a member there. They are like a pack of hungry wolves attacking anyone who are not on their side. I have seen it since the first time it was put up.

Eve said:
Actually, quite recently I saw one of you post a quote from that other forum here in AD. So, who is right, who is wrong.

L.Gold ask me for an example of copying and pasting from another forum. I even withheld the poster's name out of respect to avoid a flaming war. And it did avoid a flaming war, What you did to me is totally different from what I did. ;)

Question:

How would the copy/paste rule be monitored and enforced?

Liebling:-))) said:
Unfortunlately, GalaxyAngel is correct. It´s Eve who pasted ADer´s posts and also PM, too to add in SuperForum (hidden forum) in first place, not GalaxyAngel and me. We only disagree what she did with her thread because it suppose for open forum under Other Forum for member´s view, not SuperForum. She should post open forum if she want to play immature games.

Eve said:
*sighs* I really wasn’t going to comment in this topic, as I feel it will only add fuel to the fire. However, this doesn’t seem to be dying down on it’s own, so I will just say this: I do not expect this individual to forgive or forget. I don’t deserve it. What I did six years ago isn’t forgivable, regardless of how many times I have apologized, and despite the fact that I have not repeated the offense. That being said, I’m done with the matter and have moved on. I only feel sorry for the bitterness that I caused, because it is obvious that this individual is unable to move on and let go and the past haunts her to this day. This must be a very pitiful existence to live with so much hate in one’s heart all the time.

Eve, have not much changed in years? How do you pledge? Guilty or Not Guilty?

Mookie said:
Eve, have not much changed in years? How do you pledge? Guilty or Not Guilty?

Want another one?

http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=478649&postcount=291

I can't speak for others, only myself. I know I have acted poorly and not always been respectful of others, but I also know that I am maturing (comes with age ) and I have not been bashing others for their opinions, despite how much I may disagree with them. That is what I am referring to about changing minds.

Doof.gif

sign0200.gif

LMAO why don't y'all start your own forum called "BASH EVE" Since you can't seem to stay on any topic other than THAT. Y'all are no better than anyone. We're all human and we all make mistakes. We live, we learn, we get over it. Don't like me? Fine, don't deal with me. But out of respect for Alex and his forum, why don't ya take the personal insults to a more private setting. You can say all you want about me, I really don't care. Because in the scheme of life, your opinion means very little to me.

i don't understand. How comes the ones saying that its bad to post in another forum are the ones that are here talking about Dale from that site? How comes it is bad for members to talk bad about this forum in other forums but members can talk about other forums here? I feel it immature to talk bad about the other forum but then say nobody else is allowed to do it.

2hot4you said:
i don't understand. How comes the ones saying that its bad to post in another forum are the ones that are here talking about Dale from that site? How comes it is bad for members to talk bad about this forum in other forums but members can talk about other forums here? I feel it immature to talk bad about the other forum but then say nobody else is allowed to do it.

You got your head screwed on right there, girl! Btw, welcome to AD.

:wtf: Im very bewildered here.

Why do I see bashing or naming here when we had a thread condoning it recently? Why is it okay to do this but not okay for others to do it? :confused:

I am not taking any sides in this - but I personally feel that this has gone too far period. :ugh: If you have a beef with Eve or whatnot, do it in PM or elsewhere. Why do you want to see all of us ADers dragged into this mess when there are only a few people involved in this situation?

Can't everyone just be better person and ignore what is going on out there? We cannot control what is out there but we can control how we react to others.

::::throwing in my two cents::::

Ladies and gents, please stay on topic and don't mention names or websites. It's not necessary.

I understand some of you are upset with the copying and pasting at another forum and making y'all look bad. While I cannot control what happens on another site, I can only think of asking these people (assuming they're members here also) to stop. Their cooperation would be greatly appreciated, but not everyone will agree so that's a problem.

Anyway, my advice would be to stay away from these sites if you don't like what you're seeing. That's what I do. Ignore the negative stuff. Life's too short. Be happy. :aw:

DD, hi....the way I read the basic question of this poll is that if there's enough "YESes", then another topic will be set up for an in-depth discussion of this issue before anything concrete is submitted to Alex, correct?

Back