Poll on Copying and Pasting

Should Copying and Pasting Be Considered For The Forum Policy?

• Yes, this is something we need to consider seriously for the forum.

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • No, we do not need to consider adding to the forum policy.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DreamDeaf

Reaction score
Question:

Should Copying and Pasting be allowed from AllDeaf into other venues, such as forums, blogs and whatnot without permission from the members posting in AllDeaf?

Many times, we have seen our posts pasted on other venues, out of context or altered, without permission or credited to someone else other than the person who originally posted it on AllDeaf.

This is a growing concern, and we do not want to be misquoted or plaguarized by those who does the copying/pasting without our permission.

We know that this is an open forum, and it is possible that we could be copied and pasted anyway, but it should be something we need to think about.

Please no bashing, flaming or hostility.

Thanks!

Wasn't this topic already removed by Administration once?

This is one of the great things about being a member on AllDeaf - you can create a poll or topic on the same topic even after an earlier one has been closed or removed.

Viva la AllDeaf!!! Truly a democratic concept!!!

Eve,
*crack my voice* are you a-f-f-f-f-raid ?

I can feel vibrate coming from.... you're shattering your leg..
:Ohno:

No, GA, the only thing scaring me around here right now is you. Kindly maintain control of your vibrator.

Okay...just an opinion here - those of you who don't agree, please DO refrain from jumping on me. I'm moody, pregnant and don't always make perfect sense but I still have something to add to this matter...

BUT....

I already posted my thoughts in a similar thread to this - the point we're all forgetting is that anything posted here in public for all to see is no longer "private" information. If it's said here publicly, then anyone can copy and paste it into another forum, or an IM or an email, a blog or anywhere. It becomes public information, and truthfully no laws are being broken. I guess it's just a matter of being careful with what you say - no matter WHERE you are.

Taking all of that into consideration, I did say that if it's a quote, I personally wouldn't have any problem with it as long as it wasn't used with the intent to bash my opinion, slander my name or to start any fights/arguments. Additionally, I would also appreciate it if my permission was given to the person who intended to use it in good taste and the quote was used courteously and honestly. That's my answer to your poll.

Oh, and another thing - don't forget about PRIVATE MESSAGES...quotes can be taken from there too....and I've seen quotes that are meant to be private being shared publicly, and not necessarily in the same forum, either. My question is this - if private messages are meant to be confidential between two members how come there is a "forward" option on the bottom of AD's PM window? So, generally speaking, who's to know who's been reading YOUR PM's, or mine, or anyone else's?

Also, if it's pre-stated that something's to stay within a forum, you kinda have to post in good taste and HOPE that the members will take that rule into consideration - because even so, you have people breaking "rules" left and right, and NOTHING you say is safe - EVEN if it's supposed to be private.

Malfoyish said:
Okay...just an opinion here - those of you who don't agree, please DO refrain from jumping on me. I'm moody, pregnant and don't always make perfect sense but I still have something to add to this matter...

BUT....

I already posted my thoughts in a similar thread to this - the point we're all forgetting is that anything posted here in public for all to see is no longer "private" information. If it's said here publicly, then anyone can copy and paste it into another forum, or an IM or an email, a blog or anywhere. It becomes public information, and truthfully no laws are being broken. I guess it's just a matter of being careful with what you say - no matter WHERE you are.

Taking all of that into consideration, I did say that if it's a quote, I personally wouldn't have any problem with it as long as it wasn't used with the intent to bash my opinion, slander my name or to start any fights/arguments. Additionally, I would also appreciate it if my permission was given to the person who intended to use it in good taste and the quote was used courteously and honestly. That's my answer to your poll.

Oh, and another thing - don't forget about PRIVATE MESSAGES...quotes can be taken from there too....and I've seen quotes that are meant to be private being shared publicly, and not necessarily in the same forum, either. My question is this - if private messages are meant to be confidential between two members how come there is a "forward" option on the bottom of AD's PM window? So, generally speaking, who's to know who's been reading YOUR PM's, or mine, or anyone else's?

Also, if it's pre-stated that something's to stay within a forum, you kinda have to post in good taste and HOPE that the members will take that rule into consideration - because even so, you have people breaking "rules" left and right, and NOTHING you say is safe - EVEN if it's supposed to be private.

Malfy..

I never did intend any name forum this AD coming from another forum?

I did posted ,
"EVE IS LAIR AND 2 FACES.... ANOTHER FORUM... did stole your QUOTE coming from AD'ers name on it.. She is only the one took their quote drag and drop to another forum.."

That how I spread it out about her.. because she has no respect.. what I've learned what she did.. She is totally WRONG thing...

I have not made broke the rules.. DID I say name forum first place.. until Dale banned me..
then I spill my beans EVERYTHING.. I have no hide...
I have 110% proof right here w/me... :)

ta ta!

OK from what I read i dont really know whats going on. I just simple to vote but i really agree with what Mafy said.

Btw u r preg? when the baby due? i am preg too. Oh boy there gonna to have alot of babies coming this yr heh

Actually, quite recently I saw one of you post a quote from that other forum here in AD. So, who is right, who is wrong? What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right? However, that being said, I have already decided to simply post url's rather than quotes, as the general population in that other forum tend to be intelligent enough to find quotes without assistance.

GalaxyAngel said:
Malfy..

I never did intend any name forum this AD coming from another forum?

I did posted ,
"EVE IS LAIR AND 2 FACES.... ANOTHER FORUM... did stole your QUOTE coming from AD'ers name on it.. She is only the one took their quote drag and drop to another forum.."

That how I spread it out about her.. because she has no respect.. what I've learned what she did.. She is totally WRONG thing...

I have not made broke the rules.. DID I say name forum first place.. until Dale banned me..
then I spill my beans EVERYTHING.. I have no hide...
I have 110% proof right here w/me... :)

ta ta!

I understand that, sweetie - I wasn't saying you were responsible. It was just a general statement pertaining to ANYONE who posts in forums. This means you, me, EVERYONE.

I also did say that if one intended to use another's quote, it should be done with respect and permission should be obtained FIRST. I believe that to be fair and respectful.

If Eve was wrong to use the quotes without asking the permission of the members she quoted first, then that's damage that's already been done. But as I understand correctly, Eve is not the only one guilty of doing so.

PurrMeow said:
OK from what I read i dont really know whats going on. I just simple to vote but i really agree with what Mafy said.

Btw u r preg? when the baby due? i am preg too. Oh boy there gonna to have alot of babies coming this yr heh

Yes, I'm 5.5 months along. Baby's due in July. :) Congratulations to you, Purr. :)

Eve said:
Actually, quite recently I saw one of you post a quote from that other forum here in AD. So, who is right, who is wrong? What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right? However, that being said, I have already decided to simply post url's rather than quotes, as the general population in that other forum tend to be intelligent enough to find quotes without assistance.

No.. you already told DF'ers about LINK.. <~~key is you already giving it out information...

You're have no respect to AD'ers..

Now They are hate you.. :D

la la :bye:~ buh bye!
I don't care who your own side enemies support yer bad breath!

Malfy,

You wrote: Oh, and another thing - don't forget about PRIVATE MESSAGES...quotes can be taken from there too....and I've seen quotes that are meant to be private being shared publicly, and not necessarily in the same forum, either. My question is this - if private messages are meant to be confidential between two members how come there is a "forward" option on the bottom of AD's PM window? So, generally speaking, who's to know who's been reading YOUR PM's, or mine, or anyone else's?

Eve already took PM coverstation and post to DF'ers under Supermember thread...

If suppose Eve took your PM any kinds comment and post on DF'ers front of public.. Do you like it? How do you feel ?

Maloyische,

Unfortunlately, GalaxyAngel is correct. It´s Eve who pasted ADer´s posts and also PM, too to add in SuperForum (hidden forum) in first place, not GalaxyAngel and me. We only disagree what she did with her thread because it suppose for open forum under Other Forum for member´s view, not SuperForum. She should post open forum if she want to play immature games.

Beleive me Malfoyish, we didn´t violate SuperForum´s rules. I post right away to Cheri´s thread to annonnce that I am being ban by forum owner and then inform Cheri that Eve violated Cheri´s PM in her thread AFTER received suspension email from forum owner.

Malfoyische, I do not expect you to beleive me but I only want you aware it, that´s all.

That´s why I think it´s meanfuling to fix a new rule about coping and pasting...

Back