Photoshop Q & A

Some of you guys know that I am newbie at Alldeaf dot com, so I'd like to point out my reference to some aspect of early discussion in this thread about Photoshop saving images for web. I agree with Illustrator's comment -- we can't save images as 100 percent for web use. We need to bear that in back of our mind, not all Internet users have access or luxury of having high-speed blasting fast broadband/cable modem. The majority of Internet users still use "old" computer and/or "painfully slow as snail" 56k (or slower) modems.

Also, I have found that even if Internet users set their perference to set their 56k modems to 56k speed. But when they made a dail-up connection to their ISP, they have absolutely no control over servers' priority to establish speed rate for that dail-up connection between their ISP clients and ISP dail-up connection modem/servers. And it depends on where, and when they connect to Internet.

Let's assume that there is Internet user use 56k modem, this Internet user realized that their browser is downloading for just one image file and waiting for other files to be downloaded into their browser. The question is this: Is this person willing to sit down, stare in front of their computer monitor/laptop waiting for the entire page/image(s) to be 100 percent downloaded? I doubt it.

At any rate, if pages or images required to be downloaded for a "long" time, I'd bet that person will stop browser to download and go elsewhere. Longer than 8 or 9 seconds, it is to be considered a LONG time by Internet standard.

I know how that sounds. As it seems that 8 to 9 seconds is fast, but there are lot of people out there on the Internet do not have patience and are not willing to sit down and stare in front of their computer waiting for entire page/images to be completely downloaded.

Less than 8 seconds, that is GREAT! Longer than 8 seconds, I am not sure. Since I am using very fast cable modem with broadband service provider, it is totally different story. However, I always keep that myself in mind, not everyone have the access or luxury to use broadband access.

Hope this helps! Enuf to babble for now. :)

For those who try to sell software or any kind of apps, and keep the money for themselves, it is considered to be a software piracy. It is illegal to do that here in the states and abroad. Once you made a purchase, as an example, Adobe Photoshop 7, and you have registered with Adobe Systems Inc as a single license. What does it mean to you? It means that you cannot sell that software, Adobe Photoshop 7, and profit from it for yourself. There are lot of people out there thought it is no big deal... but they are in deep s--- trouble. Some are lucky that they never get caught. But if someone got caught, it is not funny or laughable matter.

I also notice that there were some discussion about what's the difference between Fireworks MX and Photoshop. There is a difference between those two apps.

Fireworks MX have "two" so-called graphical technology 'bitmap' and 'vector', while Photoshop is bitmap-based graphic application. While Firework MX is designed for Internet / web use, Adobe Photoshop itself is designed for "printing" or graphical design application. In addition to Photoshop's ImageReady app, it is designed for web use. It is pretty much similar to Fireworks MX by any means.

weekend said:
for anyone who own education version, it cannot be upgradeable.

I think you're right. Some people said Macromedia will not allow customers to upgrade from educational software. And some other people say Adobe Systems allows that. I am not quite sure if that is true, though. We can always contact customer service representative to verify the information before you proceed to make a purchase.

i do

illustrator said:
Well? Do anyone of you have a question or need tips/trick? Let me know!

im curious if there's a book to learn the photoshop pgm more easier than reading a complicating book ive looked at in the bookstore? Also how abt the flash pgm? Thanks!

pacificgyrl said:
im curious if there's a book to learn the photoshop pgm more easier than reading a complicating book ive looked at in the bookstore? Also how abt the flash pgm? Thanks!

you can try and subscribe magazine by Mac Design at www.macdesignonline.com, they demo lot of new tricks. Easy step by step.

anyway, the rumor tell me that Photoshop 8.0 come up this end of year. I can't wait to check it out.

pacificgyrl said:

Hey there, Pacificgyrl, actually you have few ways to learn about Adobe Photoshop. You can get some excellent help at Adobe User Forums. There are lot of expertise at Adobe User Forums relating to Adobe products. If you have not used this forum at Adobe, you need to registar -- it is free! www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html

You also have other choice, there is lot of good books to help you to learn more effectively and productively. Perhaps that you might want to consider to post a question about which book about learning how to use Photoshop at Adobe User Forums - Adobe Photoshop. Please note that there are two Operating System configurations designed for Mac or Windows for each products at Adobe User Forums, with an exception of Acrobat for Unix.

On note of Flash MX, please be aware that Photoshop and Flash MX are not the same kind of application to design whatever you want to do with your creativity project.

In addition to posted message by Illustrator, I agree with his suggestion. MacDesign (either magazine or online), they have outstanding resource along with many great tips every month!

sure

illustrator said:
you can try and subscribe magazine by Mac Design at www.macdesignonline.com, they demo lot of new tricks. Easy step by step.

anyway, the rumor tell me that Photoshop 8.0 come up this end of year. I can't wait to check it out.

Thanks! ill check it out :dance:

gonna check it out...

ventiCM said:
Hey there, Pacificgyrl, actually you have few ways to learn about Adobe Photoshop. You can get some excellent help at Adobe User Forums. There are lot of expertise at Adobe User Forums relating to Adobe products. If you have not used this forum at Adobe, you need to registar -- it is free! www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html

You also have other choice, there is lot of good books to help you to learn more effectively and productively. Perhaps that you might want to consider to post a question about which book about learning how to use Photoshop at Adobe User Forums - Adobe Photoshop. Please note that there are two Operating System configurations designed for Mac or Windows for each products at Adobe User Forums, with an exception of Acrobat for Unix.

On note of Flash MX, please be aware that Photoshop and Flash MX are not the same kind of application to design whatever you want to do with your creativity project.

In addition to posted message by Illustrator, I agree with his suggestion. MacDesign (either magazine or online), they have outstanding resource along with many great tips every month!

Hey Thanks im gonna go check it out and see if i can find some tips and learn how to do 'em. For the Flash MX i found a book awhile ago on FLash and it seems a lil different i have the MX ones while the book is mostly for mac version of flash. So i gotta ask friends of mine to find the right book for it. Ive been kinda lazy to check it out so since now college is coming up i gotta move my ass to get it going.

HI gang IM an idiot here LAMO! i have my own photoshop and im trying to make some sigs with my name and i can't for the life of me get text typing in the little tiny box HELP! im a newbieeeeeeee THANKS im on photoshop 6.0 and been struggling this and reading tips to no avail thanks everyone!

javapride said:
HI gang IM an idiot here LAMO! i have my own photoshop and im trying to make some sigs with my name and i can't for the life of me get text typing in the little tiny box HELP! im a newbieeeeeeee THANKS im on photoshop 6.0 and been struggling this and reading tips to no avail thanks everyone!

Hey javapride... have you check at Adobe's User Forums yet? The URL is shown as above in previous thread of discussion. I do not want to duplicate the URL address in here all over again. :) I am sure that there are expertise ppl at Photoshop forum can help you with any problem or situation you have with ur PS app.

javapride said:
I :bowdown: to u venti thank u for ur assitance! i ll go check into that now :)
Glad I can be of assistance. Hope that Adobe forums help you somewhat. :D

javapride said:

Text typing in tiny box, you need to be sure you place crisp at text setting of anti-alising to make look smooth text. Or set "none", and it can be best to use at 7 pt with arial (font).

Bam-Bam said:
Hey for Illustrator..

Where can I find more Plug-ins for 7.0??

eh, too many to list of sites thru google.com. I usually found photoshop plug-in from the magazine that come with CD such as MacAddict and MacWorld. Somtime, I got info from www.macdesignonline.com.

also, you can find adobe exchange for more offical plug-in, more safety to downoload.
http://share.studio.adobe.com/Default.asp

Back