Photoshop Q & A

Originally posted by netrox
Sometimes I use channels if dealing with color noise or creating masks.

-jeff

I use channels to create the dot (halftone) background like alldeaf.com's logo, I made it. :mrgreen: U know how to make one, eh?

I'm currently working on adobe photoshop 7.0 in my computer class at school

I've never seen PS version 1!!! the earliest version I've used was 4. Must be strange to see v1 and would luv to seen it!!!

I must say photoshop package is probably one of my fav to work on.

I dont know abt Firework? I still think photoshop works well with web especially the latest version with more functions and features

Originally posted by knoble
I've never seen PS version 1!!! the earliest version I've used was 4. Must be strange to see v1 and would luv to seen it!!!

I must say photoshop package is probably one of my fav to work on.

I dont know abt Firework? I still think photoshop works well with web especially the latest version with more functions and features

Gee, I never seen Photoshop the original verison. :|

Anyway, that firework the latest verison are sight same as Photoshop 6. However, it have more feature to save for web than Photoshop does. But Photoshop 7.0 have improve more as it add with ImadyReady 7 - thank godness!

Anyone made some 3D art with photoshop? How do you do it and can you post a sample? Thanks!

Originally posted by Deaf258
Anyone made some 3D art with photoshop? How do you do it and can you post a sample? Thanks!

sure, it can use as 3D - very trick - simple use guides with snap on it. Then you able to create 3D with basic square until you become master use different shape. It take lot time.

But best wa to use 3D that can be create in Illustrator before import into Photoshop. More quick and easy!

yes D, I have done several. This is one of the examples.

Attachments

• impface.jpg
    impface.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 79
two small ones...

Attachments

• sm_face.gif
    sm_face.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 82
Illustrator... I'd like to ask you: How does one create a mask?

I also did some experiment with the animation part in Image Ready... any tip for that?

Modified this smiley to have the bear... using Image Ready.. after many errors and practice. It's Freaky's Bearhugs, after she asked for it... :D

Attachments

• bearhugs.gif
    bearhugs.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 81
Deaf258, how I do my PS 3D art?

I experimented... then found a viable way to do it on my own. I didn't learn it from a book or anything.

I would be more than happy to share my knowledge with you guys. I'd like to see more PS 3D art out there, too.

Just remember... lasso and filter gaussian blur rule.... haha
I used those tools and a lot of patience.

First, I locked a photo of my husband in the first layer... then created a 2nd layer, and many more....

Secondly, I focused on the tones and the shadows... lasso'd those separately (yes 100 of those, possibly), and painted them accordingly to their lightness/darkness... you'd get an interesting look with just that effect. The black/white old man with the big nose is an example of that.

Thirdly, once again.. use lasso for controlled blurring... I prefer to use gaussian blur. Use lasso wherever you feel is right. The woman's small pic and my hubby's pic are examples of the third step I have taken... I have always gone through 1, 2... and I didn't take step 3 for the old man, because he looked better without step 3!

Another tip.... What Illustrator gave as an example, is pretty good... you can also add shadows and a more 3D look by using the blurring filters like gaussian... Just add another color, possibly black and smaller square on the box Illustrator already made... then lasso one flat square one by one.... you can do it at once by holding down Shift while you are in lasso mode.

Originally posted by Liza
Illustrator... I'd like to ask you: How does one create a mask?

I also did some experiment with the animation part in Image Ready... any tip for that?

Modified this smiley to have the bear... using Image Ready.. after many errors and practice. It's Freaky's Bearhugs, after she asked for it... :D

use lasso in Photoshop before jump into ImageReady. It's best way to avoid the error, I suppose...

--Well if u need PS&--

:twisted:--If u need ps7 so u can access my illegal warez ftp and get ps7.iso for free..-Free for deaf people :)-I been using ps6 and Ps7 and Anyone know how use 3D Studio Max 5?? I really need help on it.. Thanx.. On3

--Hey illustrator--

--Hola illustrator, What "image ready" really for?? To create web interface?? I use that program to make my site's interface and it complete Images and less html codes..

--Some of my works--

--Made completely in PS7-
InFameXr0nX6.jpg

InFaMeXr0nX7.gif

Xr0nX,

Nice work but dude, don't post your ftp address for a pirated Photoshop. It's illegal. You can get in trouble for that.

-jeff

Re: --Hey illustrator--

Originally posted by Xr0nX
--Hola illustrator, What "image ready" really for?? To create web interface?? I use that program to make my site's interface and it complete Images and less html codes..

ImageReady allow you to create the image file for web. It also can be create in gif animation. Or you can to create the pop-up menus or aka mouseover button without worry about code. It's narrow easy to use once you learn several tricks from Photoshop's "sample" folder.

-Thanx-

--Thanx you illustrator, I wouder that where I can find really good css scripts and what is "CGI" and "XML"??

Re: --Well if u need PS&--

Originally posted by Xr0nX
:twisted:--If u need ps7 so u can access my illegal warez ftp and get ps7.iso for free..-Free for deaf people :)-I been using ps6 and Ps7 and Anyone know how use 3D Studio Max 5?? I really need help on it.. Thanx.. On3
hook me up for ps7, i want that shit. where can i get it for free? would cybre police catch me?? :laugh2: but serious, will i get in trouble for get ps7 from u?

Back