Phonak Naida

I have a 3 year... they were doing a special when i got them to extend it out to 3 from 2... but my old phonaks had a 3 year on them...

I got 2, but since I used an Amex card to pay for them, I suppose I get an extra year. Have to go look that one up.

Odd. I only got one year. I assume it's because Voc Rehab paid for them.

I don't even know what sort of warranty my Naida has... I should find out just so I know for my own sake.

I don't even know what sort of warranty my Naida has... I should find out just so I know for my own sake.

yeah, its good to send them in for a full check up right before your warranty is up... just to be sure everything is good when your warranty goes bye-bye... but then again... you need to have a full toolbox before you do that... that way you can be ok for the week - 2 weeks they have them.

When you rely purely on what you hear... it is much harder to get by then when you have a full toolbox...

Total total Frustration- Naida and BlueTooth

I have been trying my Naida S hearing aids for 2 weeks now, they are the 2nd ones I've tried after trying Starkey (smaller and more comfortable but not powerful enough). When I found out they had BlueTooth capabilities I got really excited because I have not been able to hear on the phone since I had to give up my Oticon analogs after 10 years. (been wearing aids since I was 2) Now I have NO phone communication. The Naida S telecoil isn't powerful enough for the landline (even the Cap-Tel phone), and my cellphone doesn't have bluetooth capabilities, I just text with it. So OK. I am ready to get a new cell phone, Phonak makes something called Click N Play that looks like a dream come true. Cell phone sound feeding directly into my aids? Can it be? NO. It can't. Because the click in play ONLY works with Sony Erikkson phones!!! And where can you get such a phone? ONLYin Europe!!!None here in the USA unless you want to go through Ebay and then cannot return them. My audie who I see EVERY week now for 2 months, says I would have to wear a loop all the time to be able to hear on a cell phone like hearing peapole do. I say "HECK no". I had to grow up wearing that box in a pocket and the wires up to my ears all through school, not doing anything like that again. EVER. So, can any kind soul out there tell me what they have done to solve this situation? How can Phonak completely disregard the cell phone usage in the US by making a device that only works with Euopean cell phones? It's crazy and I am so, so angry. In 2 weeks I may try the Oticon Chili which I am told will at least allow me to hear something on the landline again.

Phonak blows. I am going to look into the Chilis.

yeah I have the Safari/Chilli pedatric version and it runs great :)
it can be loud for everyone but loud enough for me due to my severe hearing loss LOL

I officially hate my Naidas and really regret getting them. One of them has gone haywire and beeps like crazy. The other cuts on and off all the time.

And because the warranty on them is only one year and I'm no longer under VR services, I can't afford to have them repaired now. Seriously, two pieces of equipment costing almost $4,000 only gets a 1 year warranty? What a flippin' joke.

Screw Naida and screw Phonak.

There, I feel so much better after saying that.

Have you changed the filters on them lately? I think that was one of the solutions I had for the Naida going on & off....or was it because I had reached the programmed threshold and my audi needed to up the threshold?:hmm:

Well, it can't hurt to change the filters to see if that fixes the problem. And if it doesn't go to your audi (do you have one in DC yet) and ask them to check the "loudness threshold".

I have been trying my Naida S hearing aids for 2 weeks now, they are the 2nd ones I've tried after trying Starkey (smaller and more comfortable but not powerful enough). When I found out they had BlueTooth capabilities I got really excited because I have not been able to hear on the phone since I had to give up my Oticon analogs after 10 years. (been wearing aids since I was 2) Now I have NO phone communication. The Naida S telecoil isn't powerful enough for the landline (even the Cap-Tel phone), and my cellphone doesn't have bluetooth capabilities, I just text with it. So OK. I am ready to get a new cell phone, Phonak makes something called Click N Play that looks like a dream come true. Cell phone sound feeding directly into my aids? Can it be? NO. It can't. Because the click in play ONLY works with Sony Erikkson phones!!! And where can you get such a phone? ONLYin Europe!!!None here in the USA unless you want to go through Ebay and then cannot return them. My audie who I see EVERY week now for 2 months, says I would have to wear a loop all the time to be able to hear on a cell phone like hearing peapole do. I say "HECK no". I had to grow up wearing that box in a pocket and the wires up to my ears all through school, not doing anything like that again. EVER. So, can any kind soul out there tell me what they have done to solve this situation? How can Phonak completely disregard the cell phone usage in the US by making a device that only works with Euopean cell phones? It's crazy and I am so, so angry. In 2 weeks I may try the Oticon Chili which I am told will at least allow me to hear something on the landline again.

It's called an iCom. It's a neckloop specifically programmed to work with your HAs (no wires to your HAs). Or you can get a BT neckloop to work with your t-coil.

iCom - TVLink - Overview | Phonak - life is on

I also have the TVlink which lets me listen to the TV via BT.

Forgive me, in my ranting I didn't identify the device properly. It's the Click N Talk, not Click N Play.
I just got a response from Phonak via email about my complaint with the Click N Talk being incompatable with US phones. They totally ignored my concern and instead just directed me to the icom loop. Hello? I want to avoid wearing a loop! The Click N Talk was supposed to be the answer and the whole reason I bought the Naida S.

well I have a streamer for my oticons and it can be used either by wearing it with a neckloop or can be handheld and in your pocket :)

by what smithtr says, the streamer can be worn as a necklace or a handheld remote control in your pocket. now that's what I call a cool gadget man!

I honestly thought with the click n talk made for the hearing aids I am wearing, there would be no other gadgets because it fits right into the phone. Guess I have to make some attutide adjustments and wish for something better someday.

I honestly thought with the click n talk made for the hearing aids I am wearing, there would be no other gadgets because it fits right into the phone. Guess I have to make some attutide adjustments and wish for something better someday.

yeah LOL I found the click and talk pretty cool 2
I was talking about the streamer that I own though LOL

I've been having a lot of trouble with the Naida telecoil. Voices just don't sound as good as they do with the regular microphones. Out of the box, they were very tinny, the last adjustment the audi made made them sound very muddy, almost like they were underwater.

Getting a much better performance in quiet areas with the speaker on the phone and the HAs set to the usual hearing setting.

Ideas?

I wish I did have an idea for you,but my hearing isn't good enough to declare something sounding tinny. I tried the FM system this morning at my church with my Naida S hearing aids and it sounded pretty good to me, Much better than trying to hear the preacher through the general microphone.

Back