Phonak Naida

I wanted to get the Naida IX Up but the insurance will not cover that amount for the aid so I got the Naida III, my audi wants me to wear 2 aids so I will order the 2nd one in the Naida IX up next year and wear that in my good ear and the III in my right ear.

Per what I left on in the above quote; what is the difference between what the insurance company will pay and the cost of the Naida IX Up? Is it an amount that you could afford to pay just the difference yourself to get what you really want?

I visited my Audi last Monday to finally order me new aids. I was in a minor car wreck on the 19th of Sept and when I hit my head on the head rest my ha flew off my ear and cracked. As the result it left a damage to my aid that is obsolete. My insurance is covering the cost of new aid.

I wanted to get the Naida 9 up but my insurance will only cover the cost of the Naida 3. So I went ahead and order the Naida 3 in Blue Moon along with black/blue ear mould. I should be receiving the new aid before my birthday which is Oct 23rd. My Audi asked me if I would like to wear 2 aids and she said it will do me very good.

Next year I will order me the ha that I Really want to wear on my left ear and the Naida 3 I will wear on my right ear. I cannot wait to finally get the blue tooth ha. I just have to order the Icom for it in a month or so.

It sucks. I am trying to get used to this aid. I was told it may take 3 to 4 weeka to be used to it and clear up. Right now it is like grainy sound. Its hard to explain. For some reason the t coil will not shut all sounds around me when on the phone. So I have to call her this week. I will the ordering the bluetooth soon. So far I like it alot.

I have no idea. I know the Naida IX is more expensive than the Naida III. No clue how much the newer Oticons cost and such. Ask your audiologist for a price estimate.

I have no idea. I know the Naida IX is more expensive than the Naida III. No clue how much the newer Oticons cost and such. Ask your audiologist for a price estimate.

LOL get this, my mother and I spended $227 on my newer Oticons along with the streamer. :)

Well my Naida V cost me $7000 i think from memory the price of the Naida IX is $11000

I've been having a lot of problems with my Naidas over the past few months. (See my last post a few pages back.) All started when I wore them out in the rain (they say they are water resistant and it's okay to wear in rain . . . yeah right).

Basically, both aids went haywire. They would turn on, but then make all kinds of beeping noises. The volume would drop in increments, as if someone was holding the volume button down, and when it hit the lowest level, it would just beep incessantly.

Anyway, I figured the aids were goners. I put them in my dri-aid container and started figuring out how I could get them repaired without spending a fortune. A couple weeks later, I tried them on again. This time, the left aid worked, though it was still quirky. Sometimes it would go haywire, but for the most part, it was stable. The right aid was still full blown haywire. I have been wearing just the left aid for a couple months now, leaving the right aid in the dri-aid container.

So, today, out of curiosity, I pull out the right aid from the drying container. I noticed that all the blue desiccant balls in the container had turned pale, meaning they'd absorbed moisture. Huh, that must have been a lot of moisture for them to do that, since they've been bright blue for the last three years. I tried on the aid. Lo and behold, it does not go haywire. In fact, it's working perfectly. Loud, crisp, etc.

So, basically, both my aids have come back to life at this point. I've concluded that the Naidas are very sensitive to moisture, despite the fact that Phonak claims them to be "water resistant." Don't let that fool you. Treat these exactly the same way you would treat any other aid. The minute it gets wet or you start sweating, take them off!

I'm just happy to have both my aids working again and not having to spend a lot to fix them. Still, I hate these stupid things, and as soon as I can afford it, I will be switching to Oticon.

in response to Alex about the moisture. Yes, I noticed the same thing back in July. I went to my nephew's first birthday party, and his grandmother's backyard was full of inflatable pools/slides/etc, and a BUNCH of kids running around in swim suits/trunks, so it was very wet! I got splashed on and such, and the next day my Naida was wacky. But 1 night in the Dry & Store and it was fine. My Naida just sounded like it was crackling, it was odd. But the Dry & Store dried it out and normal again. Weird stuffs.

So Phonak is fruading Naida users into thinking their HAs are water-resistant?

These are designed for Severe-to-profound though, correct? I need something that can take abuse. I work on a farm, anything and everything can come in contact with it at some point.

So Phonak is fruading Naida users into thinking their HAs are water-resistant?

These are designed for Severe-to-profound though, correct? I need something that can take abuse. I work on a farm, anything and everything can come in contact with it at some point.

Don't get them, Dixie. Seriously. Look for something else. Oticon are much more durable and last longer, on top of the fact that they are better technology to begin with.

Phonak is a shitty company these days. Their iCom and FM systems are garbage. I don't even use mine anymore.

Dixie, If I were you, I'd get covers for you HAs to keep out the dirt & moisture.

wow that's alot of money dude!

Tell me about it, but i dont really have any choice either i hear or i dont. Everything over here is always more expensive

he's also in Australia, so not really sure how their money differs from US money.

Well $1USD = $0.96AUD, so we really are getting a bad deal. Whats the price in the US for Naida V

Tell me about it, but i dont really have any choice either i hear or i dont. Everything over here is always more expensive

Well $1USD = $0.96AUD, so we really are getting a bad deal. Whats the price in the US for Naida V

with the ear molds... mine were about $6000, almost. But those are also for the Naida S UPs

I think these are the supposedly water-resistant ones. I could be wrong though.

Back