Phonak Naida

For naidas since they use lots of power powerone or cochlear implant batteries are best. My friend has the naidas and she uses CI batteries in her hearing aids as do I since they last a bit longer

I'm New here and i am wondering if any can give me advice on getting the best HA batteris for my Phonak Naida, I am using Durcell right now and they don't seem too last long.

How long are your batteries lasting? I have been using duracell myself, and they seem to last about 2 weeks. Some times if I use the FM extensively, I will lose about 2 days in the life of the battery.....I use the Naida V UP aids....

I've also used Walgreens, but seem to have better luck with Duracell....(Update, I meant RayoVac brand....I was using my head, which sometimes mean nothing :) )

In this test from I site I frequent, a member tested some battery outputs..:
Battery Test Data, Contributed by one of our Members - Hearing Aid Forums | Hearing Loss | Hearing Aids

Hope this helps...

Last edited:
whattttt! You get 2 weeks out of rayovacs!!! My hearing aid hates them and lasts 4 days ...never again will i buy rayovac batteries...

I use Rayovac and get about 10-12 days use from them, but I only use my HAs when I'm out of the house.

Alicia, Don't the Versatas use the little 13 batteries? The Naidas use the huge 675 size.

ya but still...my friend has the same naidas with the 675 too and cant use rayovacs either

I use Rayovac and get about 10-12 days use from them, but I only use my HAs when I'm out of the house.

I use my aids from morning to night, roughly about 15 hours....

and still get 12-14 days.....the 12 because of occasional FM use....

Hi all,
My son is profoundly deaf and recently we got him a pair of high power Naidas with built-in FM system.
All in all he is satisfied with them, but is annoyed by the automatic functions (for example, his FM is turned on in times when he dosen't need it and so is other automatic functions they put in).
Is any of you NAIDA wearers have same problems?
We plan to meet the audie and cancell all the automatic functions.

when I tried the Naidas, I used the Rayovacs and they lasted almost 2 weeks for me. I get about 2 weeks out of the Rayovacs or Walgreens brands with the Supero.

Directed to Yaelhass-Naida

Hi all,
My son is profoundly deaf and recently we got him a pair of high power Naidas with built-in FM system.
All in all he is satisfied with them, but is annoyed by the automatic functions (for example, his FM is turned on in times when he dosen't need it and so is other automatic functions they put in).
Is any of you NAIDA wearers have same problems?
We plan to meet the audie and cancell all the automatic functions.

You should not have to give up on the automatic functions. The auto mode is highly configurable and can have all features adjusted to your benefit. I have my EasyFM out of the auto mode (due to erratic jumping in and out of the EasyFM possibly because of the interference in the area), the rest adjusted to make the Speech in Noise be the primary listening environment before others are considered, and also settings adjusted to benefit me more for my work, driving and home environments. I do not like the Easy functions because of the problem of "beeping" in and out of mode...so all these are turned off and I use the manual functions to access the FM and Telecoil modes.

Thanks for the advice.
I'll make the EASY FM manual as you said and will ask to change the SPEECH IN NOISE as primary function.

Thanks for the advice.
I'll make the EASY FM manual as you said and will ask to change the SPEECH IN NOISE as primary function.

If you need any more info in where to go, I'll send you some more info.....that way you can show the audiologist where to set it up

I have a spirt 3 sp hearing aid and rayovac only last 10 mins with them.

Ijjehl,
That will be great.
It seems that these aids are new to our audie and she does things by "trial and error". Like there was a time when my son had a problem with high tone sounds - the "Ahhh"'s were vibrating and the "Eeeee"'s sounded to him like "JJJJJJ". She just did this and that and didn't know what to do and somehow it was fixed (anyway my son dosen't complain anymore). We do plan to go to the guy who imports this aids here for fine tuning sometime (when my son's off school, its quite far from where we live), but we have an appointment with our audie next week. What my son is doing until we see the audie is that he just dosen't shut the aid fully, so the FM is not working automatically and when he wants the FM he shuts the aid, but this isn't a solution and probably bad for the aid.

Ijjehl,
That will be great.
It seems that these aids are new to our audie and she does things by "trial and error". Like there was a time when my son had a problem with high tone sounds - the "Ahhh"'s were vibrating and the "Eeeee"'s sounded to him like "JJJJJJ". She just did this and that and didn't know what to do and somehow it was fixed (anyway my son dosen't complain anymore). We do plan to go to the guy who imports this aids here for fine tuning sometime (when my son's off school, its quite far from where we live), but we have an appointment with our audie next week. What my son is doing until we see the audie is that he just dosen't shut the aid fully, so the FM is not working automatically and when he wants the FM he shuts the aid, but this isn't a solution and probably bad for the aid.

I don't know if it's possible where you live, but I would suggest your audie get Phonak to send a rep to help set up your son's hearing aid and help your audie learn a few more ways to adjust things. I have had my audi get a rep to come down about 6 times to make major adjustments as well as answer all my questions. Give me a day to figure out what I can send to you and I'll show you some pictures. Send me a PM to my link (your email address) and I'll forward a few pictures. I don't think there's a way to add attachments to this forum....

Are Phonak Naidas's better than my HA?

How old are these Spirits? I can't find them online.....

if they are pretty old, you probably will benefit from a newer model, but I would check out with your audi first....the Naidas don't work for everyone.....but the only way to find out is to trial them.....but I warn you, these might take a bit longer than normal to configure if the audi doesn't know what they are doing in configuring the naidas

I am not sure how old these are. i was given them abo
ut 3/4 years ago in UK

I am not sure how old these are. i was given them abo
ut 3/4 years ago in UK

There are some links showing them available as far back as 2005, Naidas came out in beginning of 2008...now they have Naida IX aids.....which were made available last month or so....

Back