Phonak Naida S lll UP

I just set my naidias out on a glass topped desk where I charge the Compilot and phone. I just open em up and let em air out overnight. Seems like that is all that is needed here.
I'm in SC, I would think Georgia is just as humid as SC, it may seem okay now, but eventually the humidity will get em ;)

I've had water thrown at me at the beach by a child. I've been caught in rain where I was wet thru in less then a min with no pockets or anywhere for my aids.

If it wasn't for my dry and store, I'm sure they would of gone into repair already.

You never know what will happen day to day and al tho these aids are water resistant, they can only cope with so much.

The first day I wore my Ambras when I took them out that night I could see condensation in the hooks....that's how humid it is down here.

hello everyone , i am concerned about the hearing aids. um which are the best hearing aids brands ?

hello everyone , i am concerned about the hearing aids. um which are the best hearing aids brands ?

I'm going tgot o a stab at this. i joined this forum, and another because I wanted more info on the aid I was going to get, and who better to ask than people that use them right? Well this seems to be the best answer, though i don't know how helpful it will be. All the major brands are good, none are better than any other, it's all personal preference. For one thing they all have a different sound, so once you get used to one brand it's weird to go to another. So trying different brands is a good idea. Also audiologists sometimes stick with one or two brands, so they are more familiar with the software of say Phonak, or oticon, and they'd be better able to adjust your aids with whatever brand they're familiar with. So say you like the sound of a Widex, but your audi hasn't fit many people with them, you might want to try a different brand or a different audi :D

Ron, I highly recommend getting a dry box. You can get them at CVS next to the hearing aid batteries for less than $5. You only have to replace every 6 months. I use this one in the bathroom, and is the one I had always used nightly in the past. My new Audi gave me a similar, yet different one with my Naida, when I asked her about getting a Zephyr. It has bead things in the bottom that you can microwave to re-activate, so it lasts longer. Plus, it's free, lol. Ask your Audi at your next tune-up, but if that isn't for a while, definitely get one from CVS. It's called a Hearing Aid De-Humidifier. It comes in a red and white box. Not using a dry box/dry store, will definitely bite you in the butt sooner rather than later. I live in the dry, dry valley of California, and even I have condensation in my tubes within hours of putting them in.

Phonak C&C Line Kit 1 - for BTE hearing aids - connevans.co.uk

Maybe worth getting one of these. It includes a drying beaker and everything else to care for your BTE hearing aids.

You should def be able to get from your Audi, the link is just an example of what it is.

Ron, going from ITE aids to BTE aids means you may not have a puffer to blow the moisture out of your tubes. If you haven't got one yet, I would recommend getting one. Very useful.

Last edited:
Went to Audi today for adjustments. Swapped SP for the UP 's I originall had requested [their mistake}. I now have four of the five programs installed. I currently have Auto, noise, hunting, FM streaming. Requested a little more bass as speech sounded like it was one octave above true sound. Wow, what a difference! Really cleared speech up a lot. I haven't had a chance to test everything, but I will post as it happens. Also bought a dryer from the Audi. It plugs into wall and has heated pad that HAs are set on. Happy so far.

Glad things are working out and that you have the UPs now. :)

Back