Phonak Naida S lll UP

The HAs I received are indeed SPs. I got my magnifer out and on the inside bend it says sp lll. I was quoted UPs. The waiver I signed to take the 30 day trial says up. The price quote was for UPs. There just might be a hot time at the audi's place of business Monday morning. Thank all of you for that heads up. Very glad I found out now. I will get back to you all on this.

btw....you say you don't think you could stand the IX's, I'm assuming (which is always a bad idea) you talking about amplification? The III V and IX don't have differences in power, but in levels of technology, so they get more expensive the further up you go.

I have no idea if there's a difference in price in the SP III and the UP III, the tech is the same, but the UP, ultra power, are more powerful than the SP, super power.

Price won't be any different between the SP and UP. Only between the III, V, IX.

A lot of people like the UP better as the battery last so much longer as they are bigger. Alto my 675's batteries only last a week.

Your loss may not fit the UP.

I would say it depends on how fast you're losing hearing. If you think you'll be in the range for the UP's before your SP's "die" or you have the $$, I'd say get the UPs and just make sure they're fitted/programmed for your current loss.
I think one of my ears was still in the SP range but I went UP on both to allow for added gain as I lose more hearing.

If your loss allows you to get the UP I would anyway as batteries last longer and you will have a bit more power if you were to loose more hearing.

I can understand then making the SP as some people do want smaller aids but the different in power is so tiny and different in size is so small, that I would always get UP myself even if I fitted in to the SP power range.

The HAs I received are indeed SPs. I got my magnifer out and on the inside bend it says sp lll. I was quoted UPs. The waiver I signed to take the 30 day trial says up. The price quote was for UPs. There just might be a hot time at the audi's place of business Monday morning. Thank all of you for that heads up. Very glad I found out now. I will get back to you all on this.

Does it say Naida S III SP inside the bend of your aid? If it jut says Naida III SP then it's not the spice range.

HA says Naidia s lll sp. Don't know much about hearing except I don't very well.
My hearing report is as follows on the chart:
250 78db
500 80db
1000 80db
2000 90db
3000 off the chart 115db
4000 115db
5000 105db
8000 90db
Right ear CNT
Left ear 90
I don't know what exactly all this means. I welcome all comments. I am assuming the audi consulted with Phonak? Or does the manufacturer just send what is ordered? Trying to give audi benefit of doubt, but if it was a mistake why didn't she tell me? I intend on having these HAs for a long time. Feedback is non existant. I forget they are in my ear pretty easily. Speech over bluetooth is clear as a bell, I can talk on phone and comprehend for first time in ten years. Happy with everything so far except that I did not get what was on quote and fact the waiver I signed also is listed as UP. All comments welcome.

I would go with the UP for sure as your loss at 3000 is slighly off the fitting range for the SP anyway.

You have a cookie bite loss/ski slope to a degree which is classed a severe to profound looking at your results.

You will have better battery life with the UP

You have the right to change them. Stick to your guns if Audi says no SP is fine. You are the one paying and as you say, you want them for a long time.

What colour did you choose??

Last edited:
I chose light gray as that is the color of my hair. Actually looks like a cross between pearl and gray. Today I went to family cookout for one young man that is going in the Marines to become a blackhawk pilot. Not pleasant with ten people talking at once. HAs did not focus on who I was trying to talk to, but magnified all of the talking at once. I had to walk outside. Don't know if a solution is available for that or not. Have not yet been in a busy restaurant, but this instance would be similar? First bad experience with these HAs.

Definitely talk with your audie and see if something can be done to the hearing aids so you can focus more on the person you want to talk to at social situations. I can't remember all that the Naida can do. I only have one Naida for my right ear so my options were limited enough as it was (for some settings I needed 2 Naidas so they could communicate back and forth and yeah). You should be able to get a "noise" setting on your hearing aids, a setting that helps bring down some background noise. I use this frequently when I go into noisy situations and it helps a bit.

Have you managed to go to your Audi office and change to the UPs?

As cdmeggers said you can have a noise program which would really help you.

Let us know how you get on.

Called the audi this morning. I had to work so I could not go in person. She said it was a communication error between her and the person that orders. She wil have UP HAs to swap out on my visit to continue programing. I am satisfied with that. Important thing is to get correct HAs and then focus on making them fit me as well as humanly possible.

Called the audi this morning. I had to work so I could not go in person. She said it was a communication error between her and the person that orders. She wil have UP HAs to swap out on my visit to continue programing. I am satisfied with that. Important thing is to get correct HAs and then focus on making them fit me as well as humanly possible.

Good to know it was a simple error. :)

I would think the Audi would have verified he had the right aids before having you come in for them. Luckily you did check your aids (better check mine :lol:).

Back