Phonak Naida S lll UP

I chose light gray as that is the color of my hair. Actually looks like a cross between pearl and gray. Today I went to family cookout for one young man that is going in the Marines to become a blackhawk pilot. Not pleasant with ten people talking at once. HAs did not focus on who I was trying to talk to, but magnified all of the talking at once. I had to walk outside. Don't know if a solution is available for that or not. Have not yet been in a busy restaurant, but this instance would be similar? First bad experience with these HAs.

Is the light grey, actually very white. I'm looking at colours for my new aids for when I go private. Looking at light grey on phonaks website, light grey looks very white. :)

Is the light grey, actually very white. I'm looking at colours for my new aids for when I go private. Looking at light grey on phonaks website, light grey looks very white. :)

I thought so too! That's what I'm going to get, and put stickers on them. I'll post a pic when I get them and do it. I haven't put any on these Ambras cuz i didn't want to keep them ;) I wonder why they don't have white, considering they have black.

I thought so too! That's what I'm going to get, and put stickers on them. I'll post a pic when I get them and do it. I haven't put any on these Ambras cuz i didn't want to keep them ;) I wonder why they don't have white, considering they have black.

I decorated mine with nail stickers yesterday. I added it to my avatar.

Day four with my Nadias. Blue tooth works crystal clear if caller has quality phone. In the shop where I work part time, I am having trouble there. If there is a low sound behind me the naidia masks the sound behind. Lots of noise behind me and naidia seems to amplify it. In office everyones voice sounds like it has been moved one octave up. Not rich and understandable. Kinda echo, maybe kinda like in barrel. Very nasal. Cannot comprehend speech. Only have one program so far. Any recommendations on more programs to add?

Last edited:
how about a noise program to help quiet down the background noise?
Do you listen to music? There is a Music program, some people like that and some don't.

I only have 3 programs on my Naida, the usual everyday one, noise, and telecoil which I use mainly for listening to music with a telecoil ear hook.

I have automatic, EasyFM, directional, noise and mute.

On my new Naidas I want automatic, noise, EasyFM and mute and then will access to zoom via the mypilot.

Last edited:
Hope you're keeping notes to share with your Audie on your next visit.
I have zoom, mute, speech-in-noise, t-coil in addition to the automatic.
My automatic will go into speech-in-noise at work when I'm in the room with machines. It also does this at the mall. I don't even notice the "switch" unless I talk (usually when I place an order in the food court at the mall). It switches back to normal mode seamlessly when I leave the noisy environment.
This doesn't mean there aren't times I get too much noise.
Audie should be able to adjust the HAs for the "in the barrel" sound. Sometimes our brains adjust to it but if you haven't by the time of your appt be sure to let him know.
I get some echo when I use the ComPilot because I'm using the short neckloop which puts the mic close to the receiver (HAs).

The neck loop is the standard one. Today whie outside sweating like you know what, {Helping neighbor build cook house}, my niadas started poping and cracking. Ladys voice saying something. Changed batteries and it stopped. Speech clarity seemed to dininish awhile before batteries needed changing,. I am keeping notes.

The neck loop is the standard one. Today whie outside sweating like you know what, {Helping neighbor build cook house}, my niadas started poping and cracking. Ladys voice saying something. Changed batteries and it stopped. Speech clarity seemed to dininish awhile before batteries needed changing,. I am keeping notes.

Ear Gear | Hearing Aid Device | Hearing Instruments Armor | Deaf Devices You should buy some Ear Gear if you work outside and sweat a lot. They will help keep your aids dry so you don't need constant repairs.

I'll try the Nitros if these HAs are not sweat and water resistant like they claim. Haven't paid for them just yet. I am determined to get the best available to me with my finiances. Somewhare out there is a pair that is just the ticket for me. Going to give these Naidias a fair chance to be that what I seek. Good feedback here. Main reason I consented to audi's recommendation. I need all the help I can get concerning my hearing.

I've never had a problem. The Naida Spice have a better water resistant rating then the Naida Corr (old ones).

My Naida (it's pre-Spice) is definitely not very water resistant like Phonak has claimed (just 1 tiny itty bitty splash from a little kid to the ear, after that my Naida was acting funny until I put it in the Dry & Store for a few hours). But still couldn't hurt to look into covers for the hearing aids to keep them more protected especially if you live in humid areas and do a lot of sweating. Also couldn't hurt to have a small Dry & Store in the house to dry the hearing aids overnight.

I could not live without my electric dry and store zephyr. I used the portable non electric ones for years but since I've had the zephyr, I now can never live without it. Gives me a sense of security with my aids.

I used ear gear on my old aids, they're awesome! Haven't put them on my Naidas yet, haven't needed to. I use a non-electric dry store at night and when I'm in the shower. My Audi says the electric ones usually aren't needed.

I loved the com devices. I used to try the Icom device on a 30 day trial when i first got my Nadia. I could hear it pretty well, I wish they make this for CI!

I personally have noticed a huge different between the non electric dry box and dry and store.

I think it depends on the kind of person you are an what you do on wether the dry and store or the non electric dry box is better. :)

I just set my naidias out on a glass topped desk where I charge the Compilot and phone. I just open em up and let em air out overnight. Seems like that is all that is needed here.

Back