P3 software

I download update P3, final they have "setting" with Camera, I see choose "ATI Theme" or "IBM Camera Pro", I click IBM Camera Pro, work see my face but I am sad... not work black screen from who call me, but I did DMZ, not work oh well I guess only XP not Vista

I did DL and installed P3 and it works fine on my laptop running on Windows XP SP3.

But my Logitech Fusion Webcam kinda a tiny bit choppy (there are no problem with signing and moving around, but can see tiny bit choppy which is not annoying tho, it's just me being picky). I called my VP200 number and it did works but my laptop side showing smooth video on VP200. But on VP200, the video from my laptop is fine but it freeze up for short second then jump and smooth for few seconds then freeze up then jump and smooth ect.. I wonder is that my Belkin N Router or the issue with two VP putting stress on my router? Or is it the blame on my laptop?

Suggestion?

PS: I don't like P3 autoloads while Windows starting up. I typed on Run, "msconfig" and unchecked P3 on Startup tab so I don't want be bothered with slow booting up and P3 splashscreen the first thing I boots up. I don't mind waiting just 30 second to have P3 software load up If I want to use it. P3 programmer should give us option to disable "run when Windows start up" !!!! This is annoying isn't it !!

I called my friend using their local VP number (913-xxx-xxxx) and it won't go through directly, it just connected me to Purple VRS.

I just contacted my friend via BIM (Blackberry Instant Message) and asked her for her 866 10 digit number instead of local 10 digit. Cuz the local number doesn't work if outside of Area Code location. She gave me 866-xxx-xxxx number and I tested calling on P3 software through Hotel's Wifi using my laptop with webcam attached. Bingo!! It worked!! It got through and I chatted with my friend for few min just to test. She said my video is running smoothly but a bit pixelized. So did hers on my laptop through P3's software

This give me idea how it work.

If anyone are struggling trying to call Point to Point call, just ask your friend for VP200's 866 number provided on their VP screen (there are two 10 digit numbers on middle-lower right side of VP main screen, no one should be blind on that. If your friend have hard time looking for it, just in case, just tell them go to their User profile in VP200 menu and extract their 866 number!

Just FYI

Catty

Guys,

I just install lastest version of P3 on Vista 32 bit, it works fine after install and put correct user and passowrd, I get errors on screen after click to sign in.

Any idea what wrong ? My Internet DSL network is fine with VP, VV and few other video chat apps no plm but P3.

Post pix below.

25ui2v9.jpg

Thx
dg

Guys,

I just install lastest version of P3 on Vista 32 bit, it works fine after install and put correct user and passowrd, I get errors on screen after click to sign in.

Any idea what wrong ? My Internet DSL network is fine with VP, VV and few other video chat apps no plm but P3.

Post pix below.

25ui2v9.jpg

Thx
dg
You made an password error. My computer runs on Vista Ultimate 32 bit and my P3 works fine

You made an password error. My computer runs on Vista Ultimate 32 bit and my P3 works fine

Ahh I just found out that I didn't register Purple Local Number so I did that done with registered after submit, I got my own phone number.

First test to use P3 call to VP users works fine with 866 numbers.

Thanks.
dg

Ahh I just found out that I didn't register Purple Local Number so I did that done with registered after submit, I got my own phone number.

First test to use P3 call to VP users works fine with 866 numbers.

Thanks.
dg
Good work :cool2:

It runs fine on Vista 32 here, but on XP it won't work. Gives me a failed to connect to update, then when click ok it comes up with can't find a file. When I click ok, it closes. At least it works on Vista.

Oops, seems I have 2 local numbers and one 866 number, how do I fix it, or is that ok?

This p3 works great on my ollllld laptop, dell lattitude, and my husband's new one too and he has vista.

Hope this is sort of on topic?

I tested P3 while my laptop was hooked up to my Blackberry 8703e for Phone as Modem. I was surprised to find that it worked great! I didn't use it long though because I don't want to go over any limits in my unlimited Sprint service (sarcasm intended).

Hi,

I will planning to buy the Touch Book soon. I think that you may look at www.alwaysinnovating.com ? They look nice and cool. They don't have a webcam but you can buy one at your local store. Touch Book will be release this summer or early fall. Check this website....www.alwaysinnovating.com. It cost $399 included wifi and bluetooth....Window CE but not sure about Window 7? I hope that P3 software will work(install) on the Touch Book?

Deafbear

hi,

i will planning to buy the touch book soon. I think that you may look at www.alwaysinnovating.com ? They look nice and cool. They don't have a webcam but you can buy one at your local store. Touch book will be release this summer or early fall. Check this website....www.alwaysinnovating.com. It cost $399 included wifi and bluetooth....window ce but not sure about window 7? I hope that p3 software will work(install) on the touch book?

Deafbear

8 gb ssd Too small storage. Fail!

Guys,

I like P3 that can connect to VP under 866 numbers cool, but one thing I was wonder how can I delete old Call History on P3 ? I don't like they keep old calls log in their server but I can't find it how to click to delete call logs.

Thanks,
dg

Just tried it out and note the following:

1. Needs a setting to disable screensaver during calls
2. No idea how to edit adddress book. (I assume have to do it online in account, but there was no way to know that by looking at the P3 screen).
3. need option for full screen (noted by others in previous posts)

Other than those, I like it.

Few things that P3 need updates in the future list below.

1. Add delete button for delete on calls logs and their server wipe out.

2. Add recording while video chat each other features just like Vision Viable (DVR)

3. Enable sizeable screen for both users and able to change resolution by follow any webcam can support. (my webcam can support up to 1600x1200 video with 10-12fps).

behpif.jpg

P3 is nice but not enough.

Just my 2 cents.

dg

Few things that P3 need updates in the future list below.

1. Add delete button for delete on calls logs and their server wipe out.

2. Add recording while video chat each other features just like Vision Viable (DVR)

3. Enable sizeable screen for both users and able to change resolution by follow any webcam can support. (my webcam can support up to 1600x1200 video with 10-12fps).

behpif.jpg

P3 is nice but not enough.

Just my 2 cents.

dg
Please submit this report to help@hovrs.com to improve and throw any ideas.

Back