Out of Control Kids: Ur Reaction?

They also have years of study and hands on work with children under their belts that allows them to understand from a developmental, and an expert, perspective. You don't have that.

;) ya know J I think this is one situation where its best for us to leave arrogance and ignorance be...

I've come to realize some are here just to antagonize and instigate... and not gonna let them waste anymore of my time.

dont need a child to actually see what a child needs, example, several child psychologist dont have children yet somehow they are experts on the matter
so the point of you need a child to understand one is not true in my opinion

Psychologists studies the human mind and human behavior and helps mentally and emotionally distressed clients and yea that does includes some children. Psychologists don't have to require to have children to know children's mentally and emotional distressed, they do testing, they ask questions before they ruled out any possibility.

Matter of fact yes; to understand a child is to have a child, to understand a parent is to be a parent. Obviously you are not a parent, so you don't have any idea what it is like, so you definitely don't understand.

You only had witnessed 15 to 20 minutes of a child's tantrums in public. Whoopie doo. :P

Handling misbehavior at home is one thing and handling misbehavior in public is another thing. You can't humiliate the child in public, acting out of anger, spanking the child gets to no where and there will be an audience, You'll have people looking right at you. I've seen some parents like that way, some parents tends to become overly angry toward a misbehaving child or giving in to a child's demands. It's pathetic, really pathetic.

When I see something like that, it's so embarrassing, It only teaches the child that they can always have their way if they throw their tantrums.

;) ya know J I think this is one situation where its best for us to leave arrogance and ignorance be...

I've come to realize some are here just to antagonize and instigate... and not gonna let them waste anymore of my time.

You are right, there comes a time and a place where you ask yourself if a person enjoys baiting and provoking members just for fun.

So far I have not seen any constructive feedback without any insults or innuendos.

This is where you ask yourself if you are doing any good debating with someone that is willing to agree to disagree or is willing to disagree to agree.

You are right, there comes a time and a place where you ask yourself if a person enjoys baiting and provoking members just for fun.

So far I have not seen any constructive feedback without any insults or innuendos.

This is where you ask yourself if you are doing any good debating with someone that is willing to agree to disagree or is willing to disagree to agree.

I see the same thing happening in some of the other threads.

As for spanking, spanking out of anger is not a good thing but I have known some great parents who have had bad days and end up doing that. Nobody is perfect..all parents will and have had made mistakes. Anyone is says they have never made a mistake in parenting skills probably need to take a second look at themselves.

Originally Posted by Cheri
What's the differences between loud talking customers, and children making noises? No differences. If adults are allowed to talk loudly at restaurants why can't kids make noises? Respect is supposed to go both ways doesn't it?

Agreed. i was thinking the same thing.

Respect? Are you saying that bad manner behavior in the resturant is okay?

Like what I said in my previous post.

"I´m sure that you know that some people speak in a low or high pitch to a very deep tone. The manager knows the difference on their speaking behavior and will limit them if they behave bad manner (something like that rude, swearing, etc.) "

If the adult behave bad manner, it doesn´t mean that children should do the same.

Originally Posted by Babyface
hmm yeah ive notiuced alot of adults kicking and screaming and bounding off the walls I see your point (notice my sarcasm), if a child misbehaves yeah give him a spanking, if hes only uncomfortable, but not acting out then give him reassurance that itll be ok, but throwing a temper tantrum is not acceptable,

I've seen plenty of adults make asses of themselves in public b/c things were not going their way-- yelling, stomping around, throwing things... pretty much the same thing as a child's tantrum-- only in most circumstances as adults they do have the reasoning skills to know their behavior is unacceptable and choose to show themselves anyway... I guess you've never worked in customer service??
'
having a child who can NOT communicate their discomfort by saying-- 'this hurts, that hurts'... etc... so their only way to convey their discomfort is to 'scream' or cry... is NOT the same thing as throwing a tantrum but if you're on the outside looking in-- it may appear that way...

Accord your description over adult´s bad manner and childish behavior.

Do you want your children do the same what the adult did?

If I see them like exact what you described, I would complaint to the manager. If manager do nothing then we will leave because I want to let my children know that their behavior is not acceptance.

Babyblue´s post
Let me throw this out there... when an adult is unhappy, uncomfortable, in pain, hungry... etc... are they not allowed to let it be known??? Are they not allowed to complain, or fuss??? Are they told to sit down and shut up?? Or are they allowed to express their feelings?? One way or another???

If the customer is not happy with waitress/waiter´s behavior, foods, or whatever then they have the right to say something in polite and manner way.

Respect? Are you saying that bad manner behavior in the resturant is okay?

Like what I said in my previous post.

"I´m sure that you know that some people speak in a low or high pitch to a very deep tone. The manager knows the difference on their speaking behavior and will limit them if they behave bad manner (something like that rude, swearing, etc.) "

If the adult behave bad manner, it doesn´t mean that children should do the same.

I understand what you mean, about the manner issues. I mean that I agree with cheri if its in my own interpret that cheri stated any adults and children should be recieved the same respect back and forth, except manner issue.

I do believe you hit that nail on the head.:P

I can't believe that an advocate for white power is giving parental advice here. Ha ha. You gotta be kidding me dude.

Let's just say that guys like you and I have no business giving the parents advice. I put my foot in my mouth already. How much foolish pride will keep you from doing so?

im not here to agitate or instigate or whatever im just offering my opinion., but if you dont wanna debate with me thats fine ill just leave it at that.

I can't believe that an advocate for white power is giving parental advice here. Ha ha. You gotta be kidding me dude.

Let's just say that guys like you and I have no business giving the parents advice. I put my foot in my mouth already. How much foolish pride will keep you from doing so?

ummmm all white power parents or people that follow that logic are bad folks? that makes no sense bud, im not giving advice, im giving my reaction, and response to what others have posted

I had read this thread with bit of fun and interest, I can see that Cheri, Frisky, Jill, and Liebliing had been maintaining that point where parents have a responsibility of showing what roles, that is roles of showing respect to other people and to themselves of course!. Children's mind are like sponge, they will absorb anything, this including the shouting and intimidation from parents which not only will 'correct their behaviours' temporarily, but also suppress their inate trust towards their guardians, their parents, their loved ones whom they set their eyes on and watch with awe, of course kids are going to feel some urge but i dont think majority of kids are 'grumbling beings that will twitch and needs a smack' like its not from the inate urge to drive the parents, people in surround to unease and feel power from it. Kids do not have sense of power in same ways as adults do, adult knows and understands how governments, workplaces ethics impose a form of submission - all in order to maintain social flow. Kids are imagining beings, they will pick up ideas but dont fully understand the undertaking, its confusions could (we all know this) come TV and other media influnces, and more often than not its 'other kids' (now DONT get Confused thinking ITS the 'Other parents'! in No way i am implying this OK) initiate these imitating the violence, or 'giving orders' in the school yards - so that is a form of indirect influnce as we know it occurs a lot.

ok, back to the parenting, we are in a society where there ARE a lot of confusion going on, about how 'power' is taught, perhaps because those in power Don't want us to get the real meaning of power and hence become subversive in some ways which might create social problems being manifested in quite sharp manners (like violence, racism, hate, gang membership, political violence, and so on).
Its just a fascinating scope talking about parenting, and i think i know why it had attracted attention, because this is the area where we can decide 'what do we want to teach our kids?' and ask questions, as society is mutating quite rapidly now, with shorter expected duration of the work-life, translating earlier retirement, longer periods of schooling, higher expectations of what career youngsters are 'encouraged' to dream about or actualise, while the steeper slope of success is going to bring a lot more disgruntled people not employed in the working-age group, it is SMALL wonder why parenting is such an important issue. It has nothing to do with morale (20 years ago yes, this was considered to played a greater role. Not anymore I think people are concerned because some of us might be afraid of just how unruly people might become, very scary thoughts!

just my 10 cents

I had read this thread with bit of fun and interest, I can see that Cheri, Frisky, Jill, and Liebliing had been maintaining that point where parents have a responsibility of showing what roles, that is roles of showing respect to other people and to themselves of course!. Children's mind are like sponge, they will absorb anything, this including the shouting and intimidation from parents which not only will 'correct their behaviours' temporarily, but also suppress their inate trust towards their guardians, their parents, their loved ones whom they set their eyes on and watch with awe, of course kids are going to feel some urge but i dont think majority of kids are 'grumbling beings that will twitch and needs a smack' like its not from the inate urge to drive the parents, people in surround to unease and feel power from it. Kids do not have sense of power in same ways as adults do, adult knows and understands how governments, workplaces ethics impose a form of submission - all in order to maintain social flow. Kids are imagining beings, they will pick up ideas but dont fully understand the undertaking, its confusions could (we all know this) come TV and other media influnces, and more often than not its 'other kids' (now DONT get Confused thinking ITS the 'Other parents'! in No way i am implying this OK) initiate these imitating the violence, or 'giving orders' in the school yards - so that is a form of indirect influnce as we know it occurs a lot.

ok, back to the parenting, we are in a society where there ARE a lot of confusion going on, about how 'power' is taught, perhaps because those in power Don't want us to get the real meaning of power and hence become subversive in some ways which might create social problems being manifested in quite sharp manners (like violence, racism, hate, gang membership, political violence, and so on).
Its just a fascinating scope talking about parenting, and i think i know why it had attracted attention, because this is the area where we can decide 'what do we want to teach our kids?' and ask questions, as society is mutating quite rapidly now, with shorter expected duration of the work-life, translating earlier retirement, longer periods of schooling, higher expectations of what career youngsters are 'encouraged' to dream about or actualise, while the steeper slope of success is going to bring a lot more disgruntled people not employed in the working-age group, it is SMALL wonder why parenting is such an important issue. It has nothing to do with morale (20 years ago yes, this was considered to played a greater role. Not anymore I think people are concerned because some of us might be afraid of just how unruly people might become, very scary thoughts!

just my 10 cents

wow.....thats pretty good, seriosly good post man :cheers:

ummmm all white power parents or people that follow that logic are bad folks? that makes no sense bud, im not giving advice, im giving my reaction, and response to what others have posted

If they pass that racist shit onto their kids, they are bad parents.

Thanks babyface, cheers. You you made a valid point, regardless of parents being a bigot, racist, or elitist, they still restort to intimidation by hitting and yelling to their children. This is sticking with the topic.

ok why are they bad? many parents are not racist yet they still are cruel to there kids explain that to me

Parents who teach bigotry, intolerance, racism, or are cruel to kids are bad parents.

leave politics out of parenting, this is a parenting thread not politics

Back