Out of Control Kids: Ur Reaction?

We know the difference between special need child and normal child´s behavior when we see them in the resturant or public.

ummm ok guess you need clarifacation

a spanking is just that a spanking , a beating is broken bones and limbs there is a difference

Both fall under the abuse category, there is no difference.

Previous research suggests that spanking can lead to violent, anti-social behavior such as cheating and acting up in school. The American Academy of Pediatrics recently called for an all-out ban on spanking at school
Child Abuse.com

T

About play with salt, pepper, sugar etc to make noise to bother other customers is not acceptance in any resturant. I taught my children to not do that to respect other customers´s peace. If they do that then don´t take them to resturant unless they learn their manner first.

That´s why I go to family-friendly resturant and other people without children go to non family-friendly resturant.

What's the differences between loud talking customers, and children making noises? No differences. If adults are allowed to talk loudly at restaurants why can't kids make noises? Respect is supposed to go both ways doesn't it? ;)

:ty: for post good link.

Yes, to my view that spanking doesn´t belong form of parental discpline but form of abuse.

There´re several debate threads over spanking...

that is not abuse its abuse if you dont correct your childs behavior and I dont care who says it if my kid acts up hes getting a spanking you do it your way im doing it mine nuff said

What's the differences between loud talking customers, and children making noises? No differences. If adults are allowed to talk loudly at restaurants why can't kids make noises? Respect is supposed to go both ways doesn't it? ;)

I don´t teach my children to copy adult´s manner behavior in restaurants. It teachs children okay to do because adults did the same thing if I didn´t teach my children.

I tell loud adults to shut up too

I don´t teach my children to copy adult´s manner behavior in restaurants. It teachs children okay to do because adults did the same thing if I didn´t teach my children.

I didn't say to teach your kids that same equal disrespect. I'm just saying that customers do tends to talk loudly and they were not told to tone it down a bit by a restaurant management. But, parents know when to leave a restaurant when their child gets out of control. It's funny how people seem to complain about loud kids, but not adults who are speaking too loud that you would have to speak a bit louder to place your order to a waitress or waiter.

I didn't say to teach your kids that same equal disrespect. I'm just saying that customers do tends to talk loudly and they were not told to tone it down a bit by a restaurant management. But, parents know when to leave a restaurant when their child gets out of control. It's funny how people seem to complain about loud kids, but not adults who are speaking too loud that you would have to speak a bit louder to place your order to a waitress or waiter.

I just realized we arent really on topic heheh typical of aders muwhahahah im one anyways would you ever go back to the same restruant? I think someone said think it was leibling that said instead of going to family friendly so to say youngsters like me could go to a bar (which I do) and get good food there or other places not family friendly, anybody else take that stance on not going back to the same restruant?

Ah I get it.

Yes I know what you mean. I would not agree that adult and children treat different because of their behavior but I would like to remind you about adult´s form of speaking tone.

I´m sure that you know that some people speak in a low or high pitch to a very deep tone. The manager knows the difference on their speaking behavior and will limit them if they behave bad manner (something like that rude, swearing, etc.)

on the contrary if one ignores the problem the child will see it as acceptable and continue to do so later in life , becoming a spolied monster as you pointed out, my point being is it isnt the childs fault its lack of parenting skills

Ignoring a tantrum is not the same as ignoring a problem. Giving into the tantrum is what creates the problem.

that is not abuse its abuse if you dont correct your childs behavior and I dont care who says it if my kid acts up hes getting a spanking you do it your way im doing it mine nuff said

Why don't you get back to us on that when you actually have a child?

Let me throw this out there... when an adult is unhappy, uncomfortable, in pain, hungry... etc... are they not allowed to let it be known??? Are they not allowed to complain, or fuss??? Are they told to sit down and shut up?? Or are they allowed to express their feelings?? One way or another???

hmm yeah ive notiuced alot of adults kicking and screaming and bounding off the walls I see your point (notice my sarcasm), if a child misbehaves yeah give him a spanking, if hes only uncomfortable, but not acting out then give him reassurance that itll be ok, but throwing a temper tantrum is not acceptable,

I've seen plenty of adults make asses of themselves in public b/c things were not going their way-- yelling, stomping around, throwing things... pretty much the same thing as a child's tantrum-- only in most circumstances as adults they do have the reasoning skills to know their behavior is unacceptable and choose to show themselves anyway... I guess you've never worked in customer service??
'
having a child who can NOT communicate their discomfort by saying-- 'this hurts, that hurts'... etc... so their only way to convey their discomfort is to 'scream' or cry... is NOT the same thing as throwing a tantrum but if you're on the outside looking in-- it may appear that way...

We know the difference between special need child and normal child´s behavior when we see them in the resturant or public.

It's not always that easy... looking at my son you'd never know he had Sensory Processing Disorder... the only thing 'different' in the appearance of my son from his counterparts is he wears hearing aids and if he's not got them in, he looks 'perfect'... his issues are neurological and not apparent to the naked eye... so you can't always tell a child has special needs when you see them out in public...

Agreed. i was thinking the same thing.

Why don't you get back to us on that when you actually have a child?

dont need a child to actually see what a child needs, example, several child psychologist dont have children yet somehow they are experts on the matter
so the point of you need a child to understand one is not true in my opinion

I've seen plenty of adults make asses of themselves in public b/c things were not going their way-- yelling, stomping around, throwing things...

really? ive never seen that. and apparently youve seen it alot hahaha you must live in a bad area

I wanted only an ounce of steak sauce waaaaa *throws a chair* lol

Last edited by a moderator:
dont need a child to actually see what a child needs, example, several child psychologist dont have children yet somehow they are experts on the matter
so the point of you need a child to understand one is not true in my opinion

They also have years of study and hands on work with children under their belts that allows them to understand from a developmental, and an expert, perspective. You don't have that.

Back