One Of those Days?

2moo9aq.jpg

I was so furious today at work when another co-worker and I got into a shuffle.

Being a Quality Control Auditor for a Health Insurance company means that I have to verify other workers job performance before I send off those information to the headquarter.

Anyway - What happened was; I was in the middle of verifying the paperwork and there was an APO (Automatic Payment Order) attached with the enrollment form. The APO form was signed but it also did not have a blank/voided check attached with it. She had entered it in without a blank/voided check. So, I called her up to show her what the problem was about. She disagreed with me and said that the paper was signed. I told her that even though the paper was signed, we still cannot process it without a blank/voided check because we have to have the routing and account number to enter in the database.

So, I said, "I want to see the guideline and show me where it says that a blank/voided check is not needed."

She, then, was miffed and spoke LOUDER that other coworkers could practically hear her across from the room (Like I could hear her yelling at me?? -- That is what I was told from other co workers) and said "There's nothing that says anything about it in the paper!!!!"

I was still being calm and firmly said "I still want to see the guideline."

She stood up and stormed off, walked to her desk to get the guideline. When she returned to bring the guideline to me. She said "Here's the paper!" and she had the balls to THROW it at me.

I was a bit taken back and I said "Whoa, Lady, Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean that you have to scream out loud. It's not like I will be able to hear you and for you to throw it at me."

At that point, I was so furious and I wanted to smack her face off but I didn't though.

Everyone else in the room saw the whole incident and my supervisor heard the commotion. The supervisor came out of her office to ask what was going on. I had explained her of what happened and then, the supervisor came to call her in the office. I don't know what happened afterward.

Boy, It was just one of these days that I got in an altercation with a coworker and what, She had to YELL? :roll:

Being a Quality Control Auditor for a Health Insurance company means that I have to verify other workers job performance before I send off those information to the headquarter.

Anyway - What happened was; I was in the middle of verifying the paperwork and there was an APO (Automatic Payment Order) attached with the enrollment form. The APO form was signed but it also did not have a blank/voided check attached with it. She had entered it in without a blank/voided check. So, I called her up to show her what the problem was about. She disagreed with me and said that the paper was signed. I told her that even though the paper was signed, we still cannot process it without a blank/voided check because we have to have the routing and account number to enter in the database.

So, I said, "I want to see the guideline and show me where it says that a blank/voided check is not needed."

She, then, was miffed and spoke LOUDER that other coworkers could practically hear her across from the room (Like I could hear her yelling at me?? -- That is what I was told from other co workers) and said "There's nothing that says anything about it in the paper!!!!"

She stood up and stormed off, walked to her desk to get the guideline. When she returned to bring the guideline to me. She said "Here's the paper!" and she had the balls to THROW it at me.

I was a bit taken back and I said "Whoa, Lady, Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean that you have to scream out loud. It's not like I will be able to hear you and for you to throw it at me."

At that point, I was so furious and I wanted to smack her face off but I didn't though.

Everyone else in the room saw the whole incident and my supervisor heard the commotion. The supervisor came out of her office to ask what was going on. I had explained her of what happened and then, the supervisor came to call her in the office. I don't know what happened afterward.

Boy, It was just one of these days that I got in an altercation with a coworker and what, She had to YELL? :roll:

Jolie,I'm sorry to hear you had a bad day. I hope you don't have anymore days like that. :hug:

Sorry this had to happen, Jolie. Some people can be so childish!:roll:

I have post on Facebook last night that I'm starting to hate my job and here is the reasons why.For one thing the boss has been making announments over the load speaker everyday and no one will tell me what is being said my hearing aids are not helping so I stop wearing them there is no point.I have told my other boss over and over again that I'm missing out on what is being said and she keeps telling me "I'm sorry I forgot" like last week one announment was the company treated everyone to Pizza for lunch and no one told me so I left at lunch time.

Some of the workers are getting rude to me and laughing because of the way I talk so I stop talking I am so fed up and I need the extra money so I can move so I'm stuck for now.

I really starting to hate my job.

Aww Pepsi, I am sorry that people at your work place are not being helpful to you. I hope soon you will find a better job with some friendly people who can understand your needs. Hang in there girl. :hug:

Anyway, my job situation is letting me down lately too. A month ago, my senior worker has been so harsh words and bitter toward me about the works. Because my boss was away on leave, I had to go and see a manager in HR as my only choice to put in my complaints about her. That got sorted out.
About a week later, this same worker was trying to force me to use a phone to ring up and I told her I couldn't use it because I am deaf. She yelled at me that I can use the phone and to stop lying. Then I made a complaint to my boss through email as he was back from his leave. My boss and I went to another room to talk about it. He told me he has heard her yelled at me about the phone matter and said she should realise that I am deaf and don't always use the phone. He also said that HR manager has told him about my other complaint too.
Anyway today I was back to work fresh from my week leave. First thing she said to me when she walks in, is that I have given her a bad name because I made 2 complaints about her. Oh please! She gave herself a bad name, not me. She didn't talk to me all day after that. Next time, she kinda bully me again, I will put the matter further right to the discrimination board. They have much more power than my boss and the HR people.

I'm so sorry that you had to face a harassment --a form of discrimination on your job. :hug:

What you need to do is to contact EEOC (Equal employment opportunity commission) and inform them exactly what had been happening at your job. You can write a letter and make a copy, sent one to your boss and keep a copy for yourself. Make sure you documentation everything, the date and how you had voiced your concerns to your boss on numerous occasions that you were unable to hear when he had made announcement over the speaker and how you were not given a fair chance to know what's being said. Your needs basically been ignored and how tired you are of being treated this way. I believe it's worth a try, don't let them get away with it. ;)

I've had that happen. A boss or teacher announced something, I didn't hear it, it wasn't posted and showed up when I wasn't supposed to or didn't show up when I was supposed to.

Luckily at Tyson any extra shifts and special holiday shifts are posted on a bulletin board in English and Spanish so there's no reason for me to miss it unless I just absolutely did not look at the board.

I'm so sorry that you had to face a harassment --a form of discrimination on your job. :hug:

What you need to do is to contact EEOC (Equal employment opportunity commission) and inform them exactly what had been happening at your job. You can write a letter and make a copy, sent one to your boss and keep a copy for yourself. Make sure you documentation everything, the date and how you had voiced your concerns to your boss on numerous occasions that you were unable to hear when he had made announcement over the speaker and how you were not given a fair chance to know what's being said. Your needs basically been ignored and how tired you are of being treated this way. I believe it's worth a try, don't let them get away with it. ;)

Cheri, thanks :hug:

I am so sick of their shit everything was okay for a few days and now its not.You are right I will do something about it :)

Back