One Of those Days?

Damn right!

There was one time when I went off on the store employee for ramming the carts at me, I turned facing him said what the hell is your problem?! Then he applied that he had said "to excuse me", but "you kept ignoring me", I said "well for your information, I'm DEAF!" and he suddenly became embarrassed, had apologized, and stated that he didn't know, I said well NOW you KNOW.

I know! Same here!

I would say, Sorry I did not hear you! Then she would say. "Are you deaf or what?" I would say "Matter fact I am!" Most of the are apologetic after that.

My kids will tell me "mommy" this guy is saying excuse me! Then I politely move out of his way, with the cart an all. Hubby too. But they are not always with me. When I shop.

I have been rammed by a shopping cart once before.

Hey there,

You should seriously chat to your boss about situations such as the one mentioned above...I have been very fortunate because our company relies on text and emails. However, I have noticed that because our company is even more deaf-aware since I joined, a lot of people pass the message to me!

Often, I end up telling hearing people what the message was...which is a great irony, but it does happen!

I always believe its our fundamental human right to ensure that all communication is fair and just...fight for your right!

I know everyone in this forum is behind you!!

Thanks again everyone, I will go to my boss first thing Monday morning and I will post when I get home and let you guys know what happen.

Thanks again everyone, I will go to my boss first thing Monday morning and I will post when I get home and let you guys know what happen.

Good Luck, and I hope it will turn out well. In this case, I also hope your boss will be understanding of your situation. :)

After reading some posts and thinking about it some more, I will say something on Monday. they did hire me knowing that I'm deaf and can't hear what is said over the speaker. As an employee I have a right to know what is going on just like everyone else at that plant, to leave me out/forget about me was rude.

Yes, it was. I'm glad that you have decided to speak up. Good for you, Pepsi. You deserve the same respect that everyone else is shown at work. I look forward to hearing how it went for you.

Good luck Pepsi! We are behind u 100%! :)

Yea, wishing you some great luck, I'm rooting for you, if I live close by, I'll eventually bring my video camera and tape the whole thing. :giggle:

Yea, wishing you some great luck, I'm rooting for you, if I live close by, I'll eventually bring my video camera and tape the whole thing. :giggle:

I know you would :lol:

Thanks Cheri :)

Well, guys my boss felt so bad that she was extra nice to me today, she told that she was thinking about me thursday night and was going to drive to the plant friday morning to see if I show up, I know she must have been worry because she was waiting for me as I can in the door to clock my time card. She has my number and email address now. she kept telling me over and over how sorry she was and try not to let that happen again.Everyone is getting pay for friday :)

Thanks guys for all your post :grouphug:

Well, guys my boss felt so bad that she was extra nice to me today, she told that she was thinking about me thursday night and was going to drive to the plant friday morning to see if I show up, I know she must have been worry because she was waiting for me as I can in the door to clock my time card. She has my number and email address now. she kept telling me over and over how sorry she was and try not to let that happen again.Everyone is getting pay for friday :)

That is great Pepsi. You must have found a good job. I am happy it worked out so well.

That is great Pepsi. You must have found a good job. I am happy it worked out so well.

Thanks Botti, she didn't give me a chance to say anything she came right up to me and told me how sorry she was.

That is great. I'm glad to know your boss realized it and apologized to you.

I hope she will continue to keep you informed in the future. :)

That's great to hear that your your boss learned that she made a honest mistake for not telling you that there was no work the following Monday, and I'm glad everything worked out in the end. ;)

Back