Omg!

This is confirmed as per CNN on Television, Now 4 people are found to be killed in the metro train collision. :(

Glad that your husband and friends are safe :(

Prayers for those victims! :|

Wow, I was on a train in the area when I used to work a long time ago. Gee, it looked so bad in the train accident.

I remembered that I left the train and jumped in a bus on my way home. A just five minutes later, someone were shooting in the train station. :shock:

Oh gee, I missed at the end of your line, Shel90. It's a good thing that your hubby stayed home and safe. Whew! I feel bad these people got hurt on the train.

Last edited:
i think SC is usually online in AD during daytime and rarely at night.

I saw that when I got home and go on CNN website...SCARY!!!

I am glad that your hubby and other friends are ok!! WHEW!

I am glad your hubby was home sick and not on the train! I saw this on the news too!

Yea, I saw that status on Facebook and I checked news and said wow that's really terrible accident they had. I think the latest is 6 dead. :(

Latest update is 9 people are dead now and 76 are injured. :(

That is fortunate that Shel90's hubby is safe as well as hope other ADer in the area is safe as well.

Now, a few people just paged me asking me if my hubby was ok ...wow, I didnt realize how good of memory people have about my hubby's commute.

I am glad, your husband Marc call out sick that day. It would not occur to him if he takes that train yesterday. Unbelievable, the train incident yesterday. It must be scary for other people who take that train from D.C. to Maryland.

oh WOW, so relieved to know about your husband, Shel! I hope AD'ers fine too!

so sad to know about all the deaths and injuries! :( :shock:

Now, my hubby returned to work today...yep, he will use the Metro. Just hope that yesterday was an isolated incident. There has been some talk of terrorists causing this. We'll see.

Thanks everyone! :ty:

I doubt seriously that this was the work of terorists.

Amy Kudwa of the Department of Homeland Security said there was no indication of anything other than an accident.

Death toll 7 in D.C. Metro crash - CNN.com

There are those that want to blame every large scale accident on terrorists simply because they are obsessed with the idea of terrorists.

I doubt seriously that this was the work of terorists.

Amy Kudwa of the Department of Homeland Security said there was no indication of anything other than an accident.

Death toll 7 in D.C. Metro crash - CNN.com

There are those that want to blame every large scale accident on terrorists simply because they are obsessed with the idea of terrorists.

Well, I cant blame people cuz after the plane crashed into the Pentagon, anything major happens, the immediate question comes to mind, "Was it the work of terrorists?"

Yeah, and the government has done much to propagate that unreasonable fear.

Hello, everyone. Sorry I'm so late to this thread. I am fine and doing alright. :wave: I am touched that there was concern for me. :aw: I was on Metro yesterday evening but I was on a completely different train. There was a bit of delay in my going home but all in all, it was smooth going.

:ty:

Back