Old Testament vs New Testament

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Christian, and I've had lots of classes about evolution, read books about it, etc., especially during my public school and college years. Most Christians don't refuse teaching or learning about evolution; we just want it taught as a theory, and to give equal time to Creationism.

But we're getting :topic:

I feel like I have to repeat myself here, I've mentioned this in an earlier thread.

I sincerely hope you know what a theory is in a scientific context.

Theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In scientific usage, a theory does not mean an unsubstantiated guess or hunch, as it often does in other contexts. A theory is a logically self-consistent model or framework for describing the behavior of a related set of natural or social phenomena..."

As creationism is based on religious axioms rather than empirical research, it falls outside of the mainstream scope of scholarly science. As science does not attempt to address issues of supernatural intervention in natural phenomena, the consensus of most scientists is to reject any teaching of creationism a science.

Someone should start a thread on evolution vs creationism.

The evidence of authority:The Bible claims to be the word of God, a true revelation of the Creator for the people of this planet to hear, believe and obey. In the bible, it shows the evidence of historical verification, The evidence of predictive prophecy, The evidence of textual accuracy, and the evidence of objectivity.
Lots of claims of evidence....but no evident provided. Face it, it's all about faith here. You didn't turn to God because of evidence, but because of faith and hope.

Predictive prophecy?
"Show me a BIBLICAL prophecy that failed and I'll shut up."

The #1 Rule for Effective Prophecy Writing: Never set a date. That way, you can never be wrong.

Show me a Biblical prophecy that *can* fail, because... as written... they can't.

Textual accuracy?
I can spend all day listing out the inaccuracies and contradictions founded in the bible.

Objectivity?
....objectivity?!?! The bible and its authors are neutral? Not bias at all? Well that's a new one for me.

Cane Corso thinks it just a story taler, It's not a "story" There are many other reasons why the Bible can be trusted, and we trusted it. ;)
There are also many reasons why the bible cannot be trusted.

I don't need someone to come in here without knowledge of the bible to claim that there's no God.
There is no god.

Would you care to start a new thread on Evolution vs Creationism, Xentar ? :)

Lots of claims of evidence....but no evident provided. Face it, it's all about faith here. You didn't turn to God because of evidence, but because of faith and hope.

I'm sorry, But, You're wrong. It's not only by faith, but also by evidence that showed me that the bible is the truth.

What do you say about how the world is today? God explained the "sin" It's the behavior, attitudes and motives that are ever present in the human condition. Whole person, what he thinks, what she says and what he does. Our soul, body, heart, mind, and strength, are corrupted by sin. Even mention that in the bible. Also God talked about "A Messiah was coming" Jesus came. That's enough to prove to me that the bible is true, and the word of God. ;)

There are lots of religions, philosophies, and ideas out there, They all claim to know the reality and the truth. What do you know? Were you there? People are trying to be their own kings, running their own lives think they know everything but they don't. ;)

There are also many reasons why the bible cannot be trusted. There is no god.

That's your opinion, Like I said before, You trying to act like a "king" running your own life thinking you got all the answers for everything. Whatever floats your boat. :thumb:

Oh, yeah... God is not interested in people's intelligence up there in the head *pointin' the head* but, inside the heart, God is very much interested. :)

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."

This is all anyone really needs to know to figure out the mainstream religions...

Would you care to start a new thread on Evolution vs Creationism, Xentar ? :)

I was going to say the same thing! lol. Please, Xentar? :) While my religion is athesit too ;) (Theravada Buddhism, if you want to know which)

See my post here...

http://www.alldeaf.com/christianity...ictions-philosopher-historian.html#post566637 <-- regarding "Banned from the Bible"

Those 27 books in Holy Bible have been chosen by Bishops from various countries that such voting occurred in Niecea, Bithynia in a country which is now Iznik, Turkey which this such "First Council" has been initiated by Roman Emperor Constantine. See this: First Council of Nicaea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia(<-in this link, go to bottom of the page and check out the link "The Council of Nicaea and the Bible")

The Council of Nicaea was historically significant because it was the first effort to attain consensus in the church through an assembly representing all of Christendom.[2] "It was the first occasion for the development of technical Christology."[2] Further, "Constantine in convoking and presiding over the council signaled a measure of imperial control over the church."[2] With the creation of the Nicene Creed, a precedent was established for subsequent general councils to create a statement of belief and canons which were intended to become guidelines for doctrinal orthodoxy and a source of unity for the whole of Christendom — a momentous event in the history of the Church and subsequent history of Europe.
Very important quote^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There were 300 Bishops deciding which books to go into Holy Bible!
Approximately 300 bishops attended, from every region of the Empire except Britain.

Few days ago I watched a documentary about William Tyndale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia called "Battle for The Bible"( SECRETS OF THE DEAD . Battle for the Bible | PBS ) on "Secrets of the Dead" show on PBS He was inspired by Martin Luther( Martin Luther - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) for his translating from Greek to German and William knows several languages so he's gifted linguist. he translated the bible into King James Version which included "vulgar language" (ie: everyday language or street language) But he didn't get to live his full life but caught and burned at the stake!

example of common language from Luther Bible (German Bible translated from Greek Bible);
Luther Bible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look at the chart: english literal translation and english meaning.

you see that "Holy Bible" was put together a 27 books approved by 300 Bishops but that Bible was in Greek! then someone try to translate bible into readable english bible for use in England.

Think about it. Do you really want to believe in the Holy Book that was put together by 300+ Bishops from various countries except Britain?

There was never a god. Yes, that will make me an atheist. No wonder why Christians refused to teach or take a class on evolution. I do not care much about the Old and New Testaments, they are just a story.

Hell Yea!!! I agree with you, also I believe in evolution. :D

I feel like I have to repeat myself here, I've mentioned this in an earlier thread.

I sincerely hope you know what a theory is in a scientific context.

Theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In scientific usage, a theory does not mean an unsubstantiated guess or hunch, as it often does in other contexts. A theory is a logically self-consistent model or framework for describing the behavior of a related set of natural or social phenomena..."

As creationism is based on religious axioms rather than empirical research, it falls outside of the mainstream scope of scholarly science. As science does not attempt to address issues of supernatural intervention in natural phenomena, the consensus of most scientists is to reject any teaching of creationism a science.

Someone should start a thread on evolution vs creationism.

Sure, I will do it.

Oh, yeah... God is not interested in people's intelligence up there in the head *pointin' the head* but, inside the heart, God is very much interested. :)

TIME OUT!!!! christians, you need stop! because you come to twist their words into your DECEPTIVE FIT instead of highest scripture.

my answer, YES God is interested in person's intellgence.. You act KNOWELDGE EVERYTHING better than others. :roll: yawn...

tell me, why God gave his intelligence to David, solomon, kings, and prophets?

Interesting point.

Funny thing; Satan never denied that God existed, nor did he deny the deity of Christ. Satan and his demons knew that Jesus was God. That's why they try so hard to destroy Christ's reputation in the world.

very true and that is what has happen lately.

Where did it say if there's a God or not? Look at the title of this thread, It says "Old Testament vs New Testament". I don't understand why members can't read anything, but open their mouth and say whatever they want. If you don't care for Old and New Testaments then why are you here? :ugh3:

Pardon me, if you look at the post number two, didn't it say anything about the prank between a christian and an atheist. I do not believe in God so it does give me a right to voice my opinion. I do not care about the old and new testaments, that's why I didn't say anything about them.

Here is a simple way to look at Old and New Testament:

Old Testament: Angry God who gave laws and punished his people if they broke one of many, many laws--look up Levetis (spelling?) and Duteromy (spelling?) in Old Testaments.

New Testament: Loving God who gave His Son to the world so people can be saved.

You don't even understand how it goes, Most people in here don't even understand the point of God's law from the begin, God’s original creation was very good, until Adam and Eve screwed it up, Human beings are entirely responsible for their disobedience, not God. Why blame God for the choices you make in life? God’s anger against evil is real, as revealed through various judgments. Sin equal death, the only way to erase death is to bring someone on earth "A messiah" who would follow God's law, will ignored all temptations that will come to him, sacrificed for the sins of the people will save us, and God made that promise in Old Testament, and all that came true, If God was so hateful, mean, harsh, He would never send Jesus to die for our sins. Look at the whole picture not part of the picture.

God have a reason to be grieving in pains because people's action, their sins, their disobedience. Take God's place for a second and walk the mile in his shoes to understand where God is coming from. ;)

Can you explain the difference between the Old and New Testanment?

Why they are different?

Come and discuss... :D
The OT refers to the history of Israel and God because the OT was under the law. The NT refers to Jesus-walking on the earth and the beginning of the church because the NT is under the grace.

Textual accuracy?
I can spend all day listing out the inaccuracies and contradictions founded in the bible.
You believe in what these FOOLS said about the inaccuracies and contradictions in the Bible, do you?

Or

You lack the understanding upon what the Bible said, then you can't solve inaccuracies and contradictions in the Bible, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back