Old & NewTestament vs Book of Mormon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oddly, mormons don't drink soft drinks. But own the business. :dunno:

Can I laugh?

I NEVER heard of mormon are not allowed to drink pops? AH. I drink soft drinks and my dad was a bishop of the church, he loved mountain dew. So.. there are no such a thing that mormon don't drink soft drink.

Ah...time is running out. I am out. I have to go to work n wont be back til Sunday. Have a great weekend! :)

Yeah pretty much like it. Good website. It is always good idea to ask mormon people before getting some wrong idea such as Polygamy! Grr. *its not you, PUY...its just some people argh*

Yeah I hate when someone post up without a source. It is giving me a difficulity to believe.

Im not a Mormon but I have a friend who is a mormon and from what she tells me, her life is pretty normal.

No, most Mormons do not practice polygamy but that is against the USA laws. But there are few groups of extremist Mormons that still do practice it in small towns like that guy who got busted last year. I think that is where many of the ADers got the idea that Mormons still practice polygamy.

Yes, Mormons did practice polygamy way back in 1800s and that is one of the reasons why they moved to Utah so they can do it in privacy. But once the USA govt passed the law making polygamy illegal, they stopped the polygamy lifestyle.

book_of_mormon.jpg

Jesus Christ love ALL brother & sister on the Earth Life! and after death!.

Mormon.org

The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-Day Saints

//Bro Ormond :cool:
Southern California, USA
Is the Mormon bible better than the KJB? Is the Mormon bible better than JW bible? Is the Mormon bible better than modern versions?

Please share with me why you do not believe in it.

She already answered.

Well, there's a deaf couple who live in Alaska for years. A deaf wife is Mormon and her deaf husband is not. She don't believe in birth control pills and her husband wants her tubes tied since she has 7 children - 2 children are from her husband and the others were from her ex-husband. She refused to see doctor for tubes tied, because of her Mormon beliefs. Her husband was desperated and find someone else who is sterlized ( not gettin' pregnant ), because he don't want his wife to get another pregnant from him. Seven children is enough for him, but not for wife.

One day, one of his stepdaughters came in the bathroom while he was in the shower. She was 5 years old at that time. She was talkin' to her stepdad in the shower. He told her to leave the bathroom and she didn't. Guess what happened ? He molested her and she told someone else about it. Her stepfather got arrested for molestin' his stepdaughter. They took him to jail. He stayed in jail without a parole for life.

You see, it's why I don't believe in Mormon's doctrines. The wife refused to take birth control pills. If, she accepts to take it, then her husband wouldn't be in jail ! And, of course I knew the couple very well.

Can I laugh?
I NEVER heard of mormon are not allowed to drink pops? AH. I drink soft drinks and my dad was a bishop of the church, he loved mountain dew. So.. there are no such a thing that mormon don't drink soft drink.
It used to be true. It was very common that Mormons didn't drink caffeinated beverages.

My mom went to high school with a Mormon girl, and she said she wasn't supposed to drink soda.

I went to boot camp with a Mormon girl, and she also didn't drink soda.

Maybe that rule has changed.

It used to be true. It was very common that Mormons didn't drink caffeinated beverages.

My mom went to high school with a Mormon girl, and she said she wasn't supposed to drink soda.

I went to boot camp with a Mormon girl, and she also didn't drink soda.

Maybe that rule has changed.

Nope still no sodas allowed..

Uh? Don't believe in birth control? I never heard any of church leaders in our church said we are not encouraged using BC. I know A LOT OF women in Mormon church are using Birth control. I think its silly if someone says in mormon church that don't believe in BC. That's not accurate. So... my sisters are using BC or IUD. So.. you heard the wrong information. :)

C'mon, everyone who are not mormon did molested children. Everyone are making those nasty choices not JUST mormon. NO one is perfect in here. Boy.

Well, that woman told me she refused to take the birth control pills. I did asked her why. She explained to me about her Mormon beliefs. So, I said nothin' since it was her business between her and her husband. I've already met all of her 7 children. I knew her husband very well. He was a good friend of my ex.
I feel sorry for the family since their children's father was gone in jail and the mother don't know what to do on her own without husband's support. She even asked my ex for help. He don't want anythin' to do with her situation.

I did not say that her husband is Mormon. I said that her husband is NOT Mormon, just his wife. His wife is Mormon, not her husband. They both were married for a very long time. After he was landed in jail, his wife refused to divorce... and, again it was because of her Mormon beliefs.

Soo, I don't know what to tell her. It's her choice.

oops! I just backtracked and found Bewitched's comment that Mormons do not have restrictions on drinking sodas... I am trying to remember why I thought sodas were prohibited... same with Poppy Seeds?

OHHHHHH!!!! I'm drinking soda and it's a sin! Whatever! :eek3:

Maybe it will help if you can read several replies above this... and you 'll understand why I said that..then I recanted... at the previous reply....

Wow, not surprised that Catholics, Christians, Lutherans, etc is believe to kill animals for meat.

:jaw:

Believe to kill animals for meats? I eat meat because I havae no choice not because I believe to kill animals for meat. I hate to wear leather shoes nor jacket but have to eat meat for protein which I need it for my brain. Being vegatarian once and it did mess my body up real bad.

I remembered buying dehydrate foods from mormon friend of mine for surivival. They used to sell those, but not sure if they still do it today.

Interesting, about no soda! How no difference! Look, My good friends and family who Mormon did drink the wine. Also, I found out few things who Mormon had few own business in Oklahoma.

Albertson's grocery and Homeland and more lists here. Why they bring sodas in grocery. then no difference!

have there soda, meats etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back