Old & NewTestament vs Book of Mormon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro-gay is anti-family, too...

True. But I was pointing to Mormon's view of homosexuality. They say they are not anti-gay, but pro-family. That view is not making any sense.

Oh well you got ahead of me.... pretty good job of that but I have a lot more that maybe most of you did not know...

The book of Mormon concradicts with Pearl of Great Price and the KJV. The three books do not work with each other.

Want to know?

Sure, Halford :) Ur always welcome to post any response ;)

Sure, Halford :) Ur always welcome to post any response ;)

Give me some time... I have to find them... I also have to find some info for other threads... Im pulling my hair in 2 different directions :type:

You should read ALL the entire of the thread before posting the post, or you will be misunderstood in first place. :roll:
Then I guess I'll have to quit posting because I don't have time for that.

Then I guess I'll have to quit posting because I don't have time for that.

How about skip other posts and speak your opinion about Mormon? Tha would help your time.

Good point. I think he was just trying to find an excuse for molesting the daughters.

*nodding agreement*

Deaf258, I find this thread interesting. I will be back for answer your posts accord your link...

Thanks, ladies! :)

True. But I was pointing to Mormon's view of homosexuality. They say they are not anti-gay, but pro-family. That view is not making any sense.

I know. That's the only reason why I left the Mormon Church because they don't welcome homosexuality at all, but they try their best not to be confrontational about it. They'll love their family members who are gay or lesbian, but will try to encourage them to go straight. The Church was trying not to push the homosexual away, but also trying to stand by their belief in what makes and takes a to be a successful family.

It bothers me that people think Pro-Gay means Anti-Family. There are gay people who would make better parents, but the conservatives wouldn't allow this to happen by denying marriage rights and adoption rights.

Oddly, mormons don't drink soft drinks. But own the business. :dunno:

Oddly, that's a wrong assumption. Mormons do drink soda. It depends on who prefers what. Sodas with caffeine are encouraged not to be used for the children as it is not healthy at all. It's their choice whether they drink soda or not. Most of them drink more caffeine-free sodas than others, though.

Thanks, ladies! :)

I know. That's the only reason why I left the Mormon Church because they don't welcome homosexuality at all, but they try their best not to be confrontational about it. They'll love their family members who are gay or lesbian, but will try to encourage them to go straight. The Church was trying not to push the homosexual away, but also trying to stand by their belief in what makes and takes a to be a successful family.

It bothers me that people think Pro-Gay means Anti-Family. There are gay people who would make better parents, but the conservatives wouldn't allow this to happen by denying marriage rights and adoption rights.

Oddly, that's a wrong assumption. Mormons do drink soda. It depends on who prefers what. Sodas with caffeine are encouraged not to be used for the children as it is not healthy at all. It's their choice whether they drink soda or not. Most of them drink more caffeine-free sodas than others, though.

Wow, the family I know are mormons, don't drink them at all, bec its against their beliefs.

Mormon children aren't allow to play outside or go out to somewhere on Sunday because of big family day.

This is hilarious! They are allowed to play outside. If they are not allowed to go somewhere on Sunday then we can't travel? No vacations?

This is hilarious! They are allowed to play outside. If they are not allowed to go somewhere on Sunday then we can't travel? No vacations?

Yeah, it depends on which Mormons. Some are very strict to the point there's no TV at all in the home whereas other Mormons watch TV everyday. If it was a family vacation, most tend to let that one slide if the vacation falls on a Sunday. But when they're at home, they're most likely to stay home and not play out on Sundays.

Yeah, it depends on which Mormons. Some are very strict to the point there's no TV at all in the home whereas other Mormons watch TV everyday. If it was a family vacation, most tend to let that one slide if the vacation falls on a Sunday. But when they're at home, they're most likely to stay home and not play out on Sundays.

The church never said ban but encourage...I wish that the Mormons would stop saying " not allowed". That's why so many people astray. They should listen and ask about what we are encouraged to do. Our church believe in free agency. We can choose to do good or bad but the Lord, Jesus, and church leaders love us no matter what we choose and helps us repent, improve our lives, and live with Heavenly Father again. How are we supposed to learn if we are "not allowed". We as parents don't allow the children to make mistakes? Same concepts.

I say she is WRONG! I don't think she read her
Book or Mormon understand,, that She is NOT
Mormon!! because Mormon believe ALWAY choices (most no judged!)
them or (step)husband, children, teen .. anywhere zone (Stake).

They took him to jail? WRONG!
If she come Southern California that
I will refused her! for join my LDS church
until her husband go to free but if one
step daughter love him.

//Bro Ormond:smash: :hug:

That is not your choice "Bro" Ormond, that is the Lord's choice. Remember your church said, "All visitors are welcomed".

By the way, if you are REALLY a LDS then you would know the term, "humble" and worry about your relationship with Heavenly Father and not others. They will be judged on what they have been doing.

The church never said ban but encourage...I wish that the Mormons would stop saying " not allowed". That's why so many people astray. They should listen and ask about what we are encouraged to do. Our church believe in free agency. We can choose to do good or bad but the Lord, Jesus, and church leaders love us no matter what we choose and helps us repent, improve our lives, and live with Heavenly Father again. How are we supposed to learn if we are "not allowed". We as parents don't allow the children to make mistakes? Same concepts.

You're right! My mistake and I didn't even realize it. Growing up, I was told "not allowed".. But really, "not encouraged" was supposed to be said.. Interesting that you pointed it out. I think this will be a good discussion with my parents later!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back