Official AllDeaf Switched At Birth Discussion [tv show on abc family]

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD
Highlight all of this comment to see, but read at your risk!

1.) It seems Bay and Daphne slowly become rivals, indeed. I wonder, how long they stay being enemy to each other if they are? I hope they get along again someday. Maybe, they grow up and accept their mistakes? Personally, I don't care about Which Emmett should be with either Bay or Daphne.

2.) It seems both families of Bay's and Daphne's are going to be enemies to each other. So, I wonder, what result for them later? Never get along well or forgive and move one? I hope they forgive and move on or... they could be all one family if their result gets better! Well, we shall wait and see... :) Interesting, it seems Bay's grandmother is on Daphne's family against Angelo. Oof... Sounds not good. Well, I should prepare myself for worse! Aha. :P

3.) I hope writers tell me a bit more about relationship between Melody and her ex-husband. It seems Emmett is probably only child, so do he have any sibling or, maybe half-siblings? By the way, it is nice to see something new: a hearing character (Emmett's dad's new girlfriend) lose her hear sense at her teen ages. It's pretty rare to see like that.

4.) This is not related to SaB series. It's just my thoughts. If writers bring Deaf characters with CI, I think it would be nice to not bring CI wars. Just have characters with CIs as regular Deaf people like us instead rivals between Deaf with CI and Deaf with no CI. I am sure we have enough of that. What do you think?

I think unfortunately CI wars is reality, and it should be included
because in a way -huge way- it shows how the Deaf community feel about the hearing thinking the Deaf needs to be "fixed",

don't you think it should be conveyed to the hearing how majority of the deaf people doesn't feel to be "fixed"?

Fuzzy

It was brought up in the show - I clearly remember Daphne getting upset with someone and telling them she doesn't need to be fixed or get a cochlear implant - oh yeah, it was with her biological father. Her mother had also resented it.

Yes, I can understand. I kinda of worried about writers bring Deaf people with CIs to our favorite show... I probably would stop watching it if they bring "non-CIs vs. CIs" wars instead of just having all Deaf people as a regular person... =/

Last edited:
Did you all catch the last episodes of Switched at Birth? Quite the drama! I couldn’t believe everything that happened, but it was nice to meet Emmett’s dad finally! Overall, I was shocked with Bonnie. I definitely wasn’t expecting her to be like that. However, I like that all the characters are not what I would expect because it makes the show that much more interesting. What do you all think? And how about that budding relationship between Toby and Simone…

I do not like Simone and think she has ulterior motives. I do not like Bonnie, but I do think Meredith Baxter-Bierney (sp?) did a good job acting the part. I also think Daphne needs to sign more. I applaud Toby for what he said to Simone at the end. He stood up for himself.

Did you all catch the last episodes of Switched at Birth? Quite the drama! I couldn’t believe everything that happened, but it was nice to meet Emmett’s dad finally! Overall, I was shocked with Bonnie. I definitely wasn’t expecting her to be like that. However, I like that all the characters are not what I would expect because it makes the show that much more interesting. What do you all think? And how about that budding relationship between Toby and Simone…

As someone who lives in Canada where Switched at Birth only debuted a few weeks ago, no spoilers please!!!

Asides from that, really enjoying the show and always looking forward to seeing the next episode.

If you are going to spoil something. Please put warning message or make your spoilers very bright font. I really wish AD have a spoiler code to censor important keys. Hmm.....

[FONT=&quot]Will definitely keep the spoiler alerts in mind! I try to ask about the show without giving away too much but I will be much more careful next time. It will be quite interesting to see where the series goes this week. I sense a bit of drama. For those up to date, check out these sneak peeks for tomorrow’s episode!
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Will definitely keep the spoiler alerts in mind! I try to ask about the show without giving away too much but I will be much more careful next time. It will be quite interesting to see where the series goes this week. I sense a bit of drama. For those up to date, check out these sneak peeks for tomorrow’s episode!
[/FONT]

There were no captions on last night's episode in Canada last night. Not happy at all. What happened to the captioning?? Pretty upset to miss a part of the storyline. Possible for ABC Spark to repeat the episode this week with captions so those of us who are deaf can catch up?

I do not like Bonnie, but I do think Meredith Baxter-Bierney (sp?) did a good job acting the part.

I wondered who that actress was. I agree, that character was annoying. But I have relatives much like her.
When I was a kid my parents kept foster kids. One little girl we had for two years, and my parents really wanted to adopt her. When we visited my great-grandmother she would keep asking, "Now which little girl is my real grand-daughter?" She would ask in front of my foster sister, too.

My husband and I adopted two kids, and every time we visited his grandmother, who raised him, she would make a point of telling people which of the kids were 'really' ours and which were adopted. We told her more than once to stop it, but she didn't.

We quit visiting- not just for that reason, but it sure didn't make us want to make the effort to take the kids there. I thought the show was realistic about characters like Bonnie, and so was the way the parents handled the grandmother.

I would also like to see a lot more signing, from Daphne and from other characters.

And the closed captioning is really not that great. Important words get dropped, often changing the meaning of the sentence.

Did you all catch the newest episode of Switched at Birth last night? It always amazes me when an actor is so good that they can make me actually love to hate their character. I have so much respect for Meredith Baxter, especially because I really believed her character, Bonnie! What did you all think of the most recent developments with the families from last night’s episode?

@ABCfamily- Have you been passing on the suggestions? Have any changes been made due to the comments from here? I like that you're here. Just curious. : )

Still can't watch vides on abcfamily..

Did you know: Ryan Lane is joining the cast. Not this week, but in next weeks episode he'll have his first appereance. Another deaf actor on the show: I like it!

I wonder how long it will take until the first person with a CI appears. Pretty sure they'll explore that storyline.

Thank you MrsSaraR for the kind words. I will definitely pass along all the helpful information to the network so that we can continue to improve the show. Hopefully you all got to watch the latest episode last night! We got to see Regina’s art and a fun surprise by Emmett. If you watched, you will definitely know what I am talking about. Remember, if you miss an episode, you can always catch up here. So, I can’t wait to hear, what did you all think of “The Art of Painting” episode?

Back