Official AllDeaf Switched At Birth Discussion [tv show on abc family]

i like Switched at Birth but a lot things about this show bother me. like Bay's family insisting that Daphne get CI.. how ignorant can they get? and Bay telling Emmett to talk..that part made me so sick. i hate when hearing people try to force spoken language on the deaf

i like Switched at Birth but a lot things about this show bother me. like Bay's family insisting that Daphne get CI.. how ignorant can they get? and Bay telling Emmett to talk..that part made me so sick. i hate when hearing people try to force spoken language on the deaf

They are doing this for a reason. They are trying to expose the most important issues of the Deaf community. The slant of the show is almost always aligned with a mainstream Deaf viewpoint. That might not satisfy the militants here, but it's good enough to get the point across to a hearing audience that is completely ignorant of Deaf issues. If you'll recall, Daphne and Regina were opposed to the CI and she did not get it, but Daphne's bio parents did not understand what the problem was at first. That's a microcosm for the CI issue in real life. Most hearing people don't understand why Deaf people "don't want to be able to hear." The show is breaking it down and introducing it for the first time to a hearing audience. I think it's wonderful.

I'm glad that the show was created and that it's popular. IMHO, many people are heavily influenced by mass media. Also IMHO, most "average" people were much more receptive to D/d/HH people after the release of Marlee Matlin's movie Children of a Lesser God waaay back in 1986. It seemed to me that the "average" person's attitude was improved by this popular series also.

Keep 'em coming. :)

As a bonus, I think most of the actors on the show range from good to excellent.

I'm glad that the show was created and that it's popular. IMHO, many people are heavily influenced by mass media. Also IMHO, most "average" people were much more receptive to D/d/HH people after the release of Marlee Matlin's movie Children of a Lesser God waaay back in 1986. It seemed to me that the "average" person's attitude was improved by this popular series also.

Keep 'em coming. :)

As a bonus, I think most of the actors on the show range from good to excellent.

Yes correct, glad Sean Berdy has been such wonderful model role to teach them in sign language.

Cant wait to see new season 2 in January 2012

Attachments

• new season.jpg
    new season.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 1sb.jpg
    1sb.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 13
Actually look forward to it in early 2012. Love the series.

can we just merge all the Switched at Birth threads into 1? There are like, 3-4 of them

I love the show and I'm 20. I think its a real good interpetion between deaf and hearing. and I hate that we have to wait so long. I'm excited I watched it every week.

If you miss to see the Switched at Birth, go to hulu.com to catch up these show. It will be next new season in January 2012. Sean Berdy is fabulous actor !!

Who is a good role model for you all? What about Sean Berdy? He’s also on the show as another deaf actor. Check out the latest sneak peek from the show. Looks like a serious conversation…what do you think they could be discussing?

Sean Berdy is fabulous actor !!! We applause him because he uses more sign language and expose to other hearing actors and producers to learn ASL.

Back