O'Donnel thinks homosexuality a identity disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could recall it but I can't. I remember seeing it on TV, might have been on Lifetime or USA. If you can come up with the title, I would appreciate it. Maybe Amazon.com or Netflix.com has it?

I'm also helping to look for it, Dix. One question: You sure it was MADE in the 1960's or was it SET in the 1960's? I'm off to look at NetFlix or Amazon.

I tried wikipedia. They list films by year and I just tried to see if I could locate a movie following that synopisis from the 1960s. Could it be from a different decade? I'll keep googling, but first, I'm off to go distract a puppy. I have a four month old little girl who's very attached to her Daddy (my Dad). He just left and she's real unhappy! LOL

I think it was made in the '90's. Just set in the 60's.

I'm also helping to look for it, Dix. One question: You sure it was MADE in the 1960's or was it SET in the 1960's? I'm off to look at NetFlix or Amazon.

I believe it was set in the 1960s.

You know, I remmy that movie, but the title escapes me, too. I'll have to try and recall that because it was an excellent movie. A real eye opener...to those that are open to seeing things from the other person's pespective, anyway.

The only one that I can think of is One Flew Over The Cuckoo Nest. But i'm not certain that's the movie.

Another giant leap back into a less informed and educated time! Give me a break. Homosexuality is not an identity disorder.:laugh2:

I knew of a sister and brother that were both gay, I sister behaved like guy and the brother behaved like a woman. Some thing went wrong in that family!

I knew of a sister and brother that were both gay, I sister behaved like guy and the brother behaved like a woman. Some thing went wrong in that family!

Sounds like they prolly are transgendered.

Sounds like they prolly are transgendered.

:hmm: Maybe they both ate fortune cookies and felt a short earthquake afterward.........and they were the only one's who felt the earthquake.

Oh, great. Just what we need! More misinformation thrown out there for people to use against us. Saying that homosexuality is an identity disorder is implying that there is something wrong with us psychologically, and, that's just not true!

Homosexuality is most likely caused by genetics.

I REALLY wish people would stop promoting misinformation.

STUPID!!!!!

Really? Ok, how about this same reasoning can be used from Pedophiles? That they're just born that way.

What about rapists? They could use that same reasoning as well, that they're just born that way.

Yiz

Really? Ok, how about this same reasoning can be used from Pedophiles? That they're just born that way.

What about rapists? They could use that same reasoning as well, that they're just born that way.

Yiz

Ah, but there is a difference here, Yiz. There is proof that the pituitary gland in homosexuals differ from heterosexuals.

As for pedophilia and men who rape in general, many factors go into that. Yes, it may be partly genetic, but, environment plays a significant role in that as well.

Pedophiles and rapists are mentally ill. Homosexuals are NOT! There is the distinct difference.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7791888/

Wirelessly posted

Oceanbreeze said:

Yiz

Ah, but there is a difference here, Yiz. There is proof that the pituitary gland in homosexuals differ from heterosexuals.

As for pedophilia and men who rape in general, many factors go into that. Yes, it may be partly genetic, but, environment plays a significant role in that as well.

Pedophiles and rapists are mentally ill. Homosexuals are NOT! There is the distinct difference.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7791888/

And even if there's a genetic deposition for being a pedophile, it's still a wrongful act to violently force yourself on someone else or to manipulate people.

Homosexuals are not committing violence when they are in a relationship both adults consent to.

Yiz

Those are not accurate comparisons. And OB's reasoning is absolutely on target. And homosexuality is not illegal. The other conditions you mentioned are.

Brain responses differ in gay, straight men - Health - Sexual health - msnbc.com

rapists are not mentally ill ! Rapists rape women to be in control of them, it is all about proving they are more powerful than women. And some men really hate women . If rapists where mentally ill they would send to a mental institution and not to jail. the same with pedophiles they're sent to jails not to mental institutions.

rapists are not mentally ill ! Rapists rape women to be in control of them, it is all about proving they are more powerful than women. And some men really hate women . If rapists where mentally ill they would send to a mental institution and not to jail. the same with pedophiles they're sent to jails not to mental institutions.

Rapists are very often mentally ill. In fact, the issues you have mentioned are an indication of mental disorders.

Very few mentally ill people are sent to mental institutions instead of jail. Our penal system is full of people with mental illness.

Rapists are very often mentally ill. In fact, the issues you have mentioned are an indication of mental disorders.

Very few mentally ill people are sent to mental institutions instead of jail. Our penal system is full of people with mental illness.

MYTH or FACT
MYTH: Rape is caused by the rapist's uncontrollable sexual urge

FACT: Rapes are often planned or carried out by strangers and acquaintances as the opportunity is presented. Rape can be an act of power and control. The rapist's goal is to disregard the victim and completely take away the victims personal power.

MYTH: Rapists are mentally ill or psychotic and cannot help themselves
FACT: Very few rapists are mentally incompetent and/or out of touch with reality. Most rapes are planned.

MYTH: Most rapists are strangers to their victims
FACT: Many rapes are committed by someone that the victim knows: a neighbor, friend, acquaintance, co-worker, classmate, spouse, partner, or ex-partner.

MYTH: Serial rapists are rare
FACT: A serial rapist is someone who chooses to use coercion, violence, threats of force, etc. to assault people on a repeated basis, and they are more common than you think

MYTH: If women would just stop drinking so much, they wouldn't be sexually assaulted.
FACT: Alcohol can be a weapon used by rapists to control their victim and render them helpless, or simply to impair their target's judgement.

MYTH: Only men can be rapists.
FACT: As stated earlier, alcohol is frequently used by rapists to impair the judgment of the victim and cause them to 'agree' to things that they would normally refuse. A women who does this to take advantage of a man in such a manner is just as guilty.

My niece had some girl friends that were raped by some guy they knew and the guys were not mentally incompetent , they knew what they were doing and planned the whole thing.

MYTH or FACT
MYTH: Rape is caused by the rapist's uncontrollable sexual urge

FACT: Rapes are often planned or carried out by strangers and acquaintances as the opportunity is presented. Rape can be an act of power and control. The rapist's goal is to disregard the victim and completely take away the victims personal power.

MYTH: Rapists are mentally ill or psychotic and cannot help themselves
FACT: Very few rapists are mentally incompetent and/or out of touch with reality. Most rapes are planned.

MYTH: Most rapists are strangers to their victims
FACT: Many rapes are committed by someone that the victim knows: a neighbor, friend, acquaintance, co-worker, classmate, spouse, partner, or ex-partner.

MYTH: Serial rapists are rare
FACT: A serial rapist is someone who chooses to use coercion, violence, threats of force, etc. to assault people on a repeated basis, and they are more common than you think

MYTH: If women would just stop drinking so much, they wouldn't be sexually assaulted.
FACT: Alcohol can be a weapon used by rapists to control their victim and render them helpless, or simply to impair their target's judgement.

MYTH: Only men can be rapists.
FACT: As stated earlier, alcohol is frequently used by rapists to impair the judgment of the victim and cause them to 'agree' to things that they would normally refuse. A women who does this to take advantage of a man in such a manner is just as guilty.

My niece had some girl friends that were raped by some guy they knew and the guys were not mentally incompetent , they knew what they were doing and planned the whole thing.

Being mentally ill, and being mentally incompetent are two very different things. Anyone who exercises violence against another and receives satisfaction from imposing that violence is mentally ill. They can most likely be diagnosed with more than one disorder.

I am well aware of the facts of rape, given my profession, and the fact that I worked on a Sexual Assault Response Team for several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back