Obesity= A very serous topic

There ARE fat Germans, in Germany they will make you eat all of the food, they don't appreciate people that don't finish the food. Once again, you need to get out more.

sequoias said:
There ARE fat Germans, in Germany they will make you eat all of the food, they don't appreciate people that don't finish the food. Once again, you need to get out more.

sweetie...they consider it an insult if u don't finish everything they offer u if they visit.

Yeah, Resturants using Salt and Sugar are killing their customers.
They don't care if their customers ever come back, their old customers probably all in the hospital (paying medical bill), all they want is new customers so that they can affect their health as well.

Maybe I should go down to McDonald's and shove salt and sugar
in one of the manager's mouth, and see if he likes that!!!

Even popcorn on the store shelves, look at the label on the box,
600 sodium!!!!

That is why drug company owners are so rich now, cause they
are selling blood pressure and diabetic pills to many folks nowadays.

I watched the movie documentry on HBO super size me. In march 2004 congress passed the cheeseburger law which passed on the senate and fucking bush signed the bill that you cannot sue fast food companies on grounds of obesity. I bet ronald reagan would veto the bill.

Even in Hawaii, they are selling XXXXL Shirt, seem like Hawaiians
are encouraging people to be fat.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
They don't care if their customers ever come back, their old customers probably all in the hospital (paying medical bill), all they want is new customers so that they can affect their health as well.

600 sodium!!!!

:sure: :crazy:

Miss*Pinocchio said:

600 sodium!!!!

Shes right ya know. :|

All Americans, especially people with high blood pressure, should eat no more than about 6 grams of salt a day, which equals about 2,400 milligrams of sodium. That's about 1 teaspoon of table salt. But remember to keep track of ALL salt eaten -- including that in processed foods and added during cooking or at the table. Americans eat 4,000 to 6,000 milligrams of sodium a day, so most people need to cut back on salt and sodium.

Um, wow, geez... Don't forgot about low-fat, low-carb, low-sugar and other healthy food... I'm so glad they have healthy food without carb, fat, sugar, and more. Well, someone should lock this topic. :whistle:

Miss*Pinocchio said:
All Americans, especially people with high blood pressure, should eat no more than about 6 grams of salt a day, which equals about 2,400 milligrams of sodium. That's about 1 teaspoon of table salt. But remember to keep track of ALL salt eaten -- including that in processed foods and added during cooking or at the table. Americans eat 4,000 to 6,000 milligrams of sodium a day, so most people need to cut back on salt and sodium.

how on Earth is 6 grams of salt equals to 2,400 mg of salt?
I think your math is warped. A gram is equal to 1000 mg. So it should actually be 6 grams equals 6000 mg of salt, or am I mistaken?!

And if I get hungry, I might want some sausage and biscuit, that 990 mg sodium, and that would be total with the lunch meal... 2385 mg sodium.

But what if I want dinner??? I have to find something that is less than 115 mg sodium, so I might have to eat yogurt, chocalate chip cookie, or ketchup packet.... to be finish for the day!!!! :eek2:

Heres an idea.Why not have an nationwide boycott Burger King & Mcdonalds week? For one week no one goes into Burger King & Mcdonalds . But you can support taco bell,wendys and pizza hut. I hope theres a group gets media attention and encorage people not to eat at mc donalds and burger king for one week.And see the reaction mc donalds and burger king would get.

On this website http://health.rutgers.edu/factsheets/sodium.htm

How Much Sodium is Recommended?
Sodium is normally recycled through the body and it is only necessary to eat enough sodium to replace your daily losses. Sodium may be lost by the body through perspiration, secretions and normal excretory functions. To replace this loss, consume 1-3 grams of sodium per day. This is normally the amount of sodium found in 1-1 1/2 teaspoon of table salt.

Obesity is a problem in this country and is the #1 reason health care costs in the U.S. will continue to rise.

Way to butcher and politicize a perfectly good issue, steve. :slap:

http://americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4708

Sodium

AHA Recommendation

Healthy American adults should eat no more than 2,300 milligrams of sodium a day. This is about 1 teaspoon of sodium chloride (salt). To illustrate, the following are sources of sodium in the diet.

1/4 teaspoon salt = 600 mg sodium
1/2 teaspoon salt = 1,200 mg sodium
3/4 teaspoon salt = 1,800 mg sodium
1 teaspoon salt = 2,400 mg sodium
1 teaspoon baking soda = 1000 mg sodium

Oh please! I love pizza hut! Don't mention it to me again! :fu: Only skinny people are for McDonald's and Burger King. Period.

Back