Obama's poll drops even further....continues cratering

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah... lemme guess - that rating was after 9/11, right? wondered how long did that last for.

from gallup

Gallup_Poll-Approval_Rating-George_W_Bush.png

Took Obama barely a year to equal that of Bush 4 years or so down the road. At the rate of Obama, he'll beat Bush' lowest ever in record time.

ah... lemme guess - that rating was after 9/11, right? wondered how long did that last for.

from gallup

Gallup_Poll-Approval_Rating-George_W_Bush.png

Yeah, don't you love it when only half of the story is told? Do I see intellectual dishonesty?:giggle:

Well, it's a fact then. Bush beat Obama on rating high.

Bush screwed up the war.....He should have gone full force /no mercy or not at all. He worried to much about public opinion and it showed. If he had flattened Iraq and Afganistan and gotten out he would still be popular today. Sanctions, same thing. He went middle of the road.....doom. And I wasn't even a fan

I am a little suspicious of polls -- and their accuracy.

Okay, it is probably accurate that his popularity is dropping.

However what went down can go back up and he still has years to do it.

Also what the people think of any leader at the time and what history will say about them in the future are almost always entirely different.

Took Obama barely a year to equal that of Bush 4 years or so down the road. At the rate of Obama, he'll beat Bush' lowest ever in record time.

and? I didn't know being President of United States is all about who's got the highest rating in short time :dunno:

It is a distorted fact, and means absolutely nothing at all when it comes to satisfaction cummulatively.

Intellectual dishonesty is practiced here.

Bush screwed up the war.....He should have gone full force /no mercy or not at all. He worried to much about public opinion and it showed. If he had flattened Iraq and Afganistan and gotten out he would still be popular today. Sanctions, same thing. He went middle of the road.....doom. And I wasn't even a fan

I don't think he screwed up the war. It was the post-war situation that was got us in a shithole.

Post-war? I thought it was still going on.

I think he handled the war like a whimp. Surgical strikes and the like. If we would have flattened them North Korea and Iran would be alot quieter right now.

When the big guy on campus barely wins a fight others become encouraged to give it a shot.

He won't. So, no worry about that part.

Seriously...is being a president about getting the highest approval ratings? Of course, with a diverse nation like ours, any presidents is NOT going to make everyone happy.

Seriously...is being a president about getting the highest approval ratings? Of course, with a diverse nation like ours, any presidents is NOT going to make everyone happy.

Well, it is just poll average so got agreed with you.

Approval ratings mean something is being done right (or wrong), at least perceptive-wise, according to the public's sentiments. People are finding out very quickly about just how wrong Obama is doing and they are not liking what they're seeing and hearing. Though some still cling to the illusion thinking he has messiah-like qualities...or sumthin like that.

Post-war? I thought it was still going on.

I think he handled the war like a whimp. Surgical strikes and the like. If we would have flattened them North Korea and Iran would be alot quieter right now.

When the big guy on campus barely wins a fight others become encouraged to give it a shot.

no the war's over. It's the post-war that's hurting us bad and we're in middle of Civil War now. This is actually first time for us to "police" a foreign nation.

if we go all-in aka Powell Doctrine... it would take several months to deploy all manpower and equipment to do that and it would cost us billions of dollars. If I recall correctly - it took us 6-8 months just to deploy 500,000+ soldiers and heavy machines.

Rumsfeld Doctrine was lightning fast and cost-effective. I was quite impressed with the tools used in war and result it yielded. Look at the result of Rumsfeld Doctrine. The war was over in just 21 days with less than half of Powell's troop.

no the war's over. It's the post-war that's hurting us bad and we're in middle of Civil War now. This is actually first time for us to "police" a foreign nation.

if we go all-in aka Powell Doctrine... it would take several months to deploy all manpower and equipment to do that and it would cost us billions of dollars. If I recall correctly - it took us 6-8 months just to deploy 500,000+ soldiers and heavy machines.

Rumsfeld Doctrine was lightning fast and cost-effective. I was quite impressed with the tools used in war and result it yielded. Look at the result of Rumsfeld Doctrine. The war was over in just 21 days with less than half of Powell's troop.

Semantics to me. The way I see it if we are still attacking, we are still at war. Police don't normally attack. But not a big issue. The fall of Iraq was fairly impressive. Finding Saddam was too. But I don't think the rest of the world got the message we wanted to send.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back