Obama's illegal uncle arrested for DUI

Obama's uncle and aunt are here illegally - Obama knew this. Both of them can be found in a phonebook. The same attorney that represented Obama's aunt, is now representing Obama's uncle. Obama wants to grant amnesty for illegals. Connect .... the ... dots.

Obama’s uncle set to fight deportation - The Boston Globe

He was ordered to leave, because what he had done was broken U.S. immigration laws. You now have a sitting President who wants to make federal immigration laws a moot point. Coincidence?

Ok, Steinhauer....it WAS explained that in fact, when people first immigrate to the US, for a period of time, they are in the country legally and CAN apply for a driver's license as a tourist.

Secondly, his uncle is NOT an illegal immigrant. Government know nothing about illegal immigrants for they sneak into the US and live there as secretly as possible - no legal records. his uncle entered the country legally and the government had all information about him since he first started living in the US. his driver's license and social security ID is in his real name. he was ordered to leave and just refused. that doesn't make him an illegal immigrant, it makes him someone who is out of status.

One can get a social security ID - card may say "not valid for employment" but if you give DMV just the social security number - it won't tell DMV that. One would have to actually see and read the card to see that "not valid for employment". Before 9/11, it was reportedly quite easy to get a legal driver's license and legal social security ID.

Secondly, the government's intention to allow illegal immigrants to apply for work permits, this decision was made BEFORE the uncle got arrested so yeah, it's a coincidence unless you're saying that for some bizarre reason, Obama decided to make these amendments then called up his illegal half uncle and said "hey! go get drunk, arrested then detained for deportation. No worries, I just made an amendment a week ago that will protect you."

What's the logic in that? and Obama has better things to do with his time then think about a relative he never talks to.

By the way, you're from Georgia right? Did they ever find enough legal American citizens to pick all those crops? Oh wait, no they didn't. Georgia lost almost a billion dollars due to laying off of illegal migrant workers that also scared away legal migrant workers. That would be a good motive to make amendments to illegal immigration laws.

Ok, Steinhauer....it WAS explained that in fact, when people first immigrate to the US, for a period of time, they are in the country legally and CAN apply for a driver's license as a tourist.

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say here. If someone *immigrates* to the US, that person is not here as a tourist, but as a potential resident. Tourists can NOT apply for a US driver's license. They need to get an International Driving Permit, which supplements their home country driver's license, to drive in the U.S. Since the U.S. does NOT issue that document, they need to get it before leaving.

However, green card holders (resident aliens) can and should apply for a driver's license from the state in which they are living.

Information is here Foreign Visitors Driving in the U.S.: USA.gov if you're interested.

Secondly, his uncle is NOT an illegal immigrant. Government know nothing about illegal immigrants for they sneak into the US and live there as secretly as possible - no legal records. his uncle entered the country legally and the government had all information about him since he first started living in the US. his driver's license and social security ID is in his real name. he was ordered to leave and just refused. that doesn't make him an illegal immigrant, it makes him someone who is out of status.

Someone who is "out of status" is here illegally. It means the person has overstayed his or her visa. Although there are different consequences for being "out of status" for having overstayed a visa vs. entering the U.S. illegally, BOTH statuses are illegal.

One can get a social security ID - card may say "not valid for employment" but if you give DMV just the social security number - it won't tell DMV that. One would have to actually see and read the card to see that "not valid for employment". Before 9/11, it was reportedly quite easy to get a legal driver's license and legal social security ID.

http://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/ss5doc.htm#o-a-n-work

"Original Card for a Noncitizen Adult
In general, only noncitizens who have permission to work from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) can apply for a Social Security number. If you do not have permission to work but need a Social Security number for other purposes, see “If you do not have permission to work” for further information.

What original documents do I need?
Immigration status

To prove your U.S. immigration status, you must show us your current U.S. immigration document such as Form I-551 (Lawful Permanent Resident Card, Machine Readable Immigrant Visa), I-766 (work permit) or I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record). If you are an F-1 or M-1 student, you also must show us your I-20, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status. If you are a J-1 or J-2 exchange visitor, you must show us your DS-2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status.

Work eligibility

In general, only noncitizens who have permission to work from DHS can apply for a Social Security number. For most foreign workers, we only need to see an I-94, Arrival/Departure Record showing a class of admission permitting work. Some foreign workers must show their work permits from DHS (I-766).

Secondly, the government's intention to allow illegal immigrants to apply for work permits, this decision was made BEFORE the uncle got arrested so yeah, it's a coincidence unless you're saying that for some bizarre reason, Obama decided to make these amendments then called up his illegal half uncle and said "hey! go get drunk, arrested then detained for deportation. No worries, I just made an amendment a week ago that will protect you."

What's the logic in that? and Obama has better things to do with his time then think about a relative he never talks to.

By the way, you're from Georgia right? Did they ever find enough legal American citizens to pick all those crops? Oh wait, no they didn't. Georgia lost almost a billion dollars due to laying off of illegal migrant workers that also scared away legal migrant workers. That would be a good motive to make amendments to illegal immigration laws.

Summary: if the uncle has a driver's license from the state where he lives, he may have obtained that legally. The Social Security number is a bit different; it's not clear if he obtained that legally or not, or what type he has (i.e., with permission to work or without that permission).

Summary: if the uncle has a driver's license from the state where he lives, he may have obtained that legally. The Social Security number is a bit different; it's not clear if he obtained that legally or not, or what type he has (i.e., with permission to work or without that permission).

When you first arrive in the US with legal immigrant status - you CAN apply for social security ID even if you're not a legal American citizen. You can apply even as a noncitizen. And laws were different before 9/11. Homeland Security changed a lot of things.

And yes, when you live in the US, whether as a tourist or as a immigrant or a noncitizen, you CAN get a valid driver's license.

When his uncle first arrived in the US - that was in the 1960s, laws were much more lax back then. If he came here either as a student or on a work visa, he would have been assigned an ID number which was usually the same as their social security number. Social Security administration assigned numbers even to those here in the US on a temporary visa. Before 1995, even those who were applying for asylum would be assigned SSNs.

don't forget his uncle first arrived in the US in the 1960s...times were very different back then.

p.s. that info you posted - that applies to people today. you didn't mention that laws regarding immigration have been amended and revised since he first arrived in the US in the 1960s.

Beachgirl: "
I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say here. If someone *immigrates* to the US, that person is not here as a tourist, but as a potential resident. Tourists can NOT apply for a US driver's license. They need to get an International Driving Permit, which supplements their home country driver's license, to drive in the U.S. Since the U.S. does NOT issue that document, they need to get it before leaving.

However, green card holders (resident aliens) can and should apply for a driver's license from the state in which they are living."

Not true. I was looking into living in the US but not as an immigrant or as someone who wants to work in the US - just as a retiree. I can easily get a driver's license just because I live in the US. One does not need a green card for that at all.

My uncle owns a condo in Florida, he goes there every winter - he has an American driver's license.

You're talking about laws pertaining to people immigrating to the US nowadays. Again, his uncle didnt immigrate to the US this year, he immigrated in the 60s presumably on either a student or a temporary work visa. Laws were very different back then.

I'm assuming your uncle enters legally.

Yep, just like Obama's uncle did when he first arrived in the US. He entered legally. Forgot to mention that even as tourist, one could get an american driver's license with B1/B2. or they used to be able to.

Look at it this way. If the guy had just gone home when he was suppose to, none of this waste of time would be happening.

Obama's uncle was ordered to leave in 1992 by a Federal Judge on appeal. He was an illegal immigrant. He has been here illegally since 1992.

When do we Americans get our tax money back from him and his sister?

Hey man, get a clue. DC Is in Canada! She ain't worried about OUR tax money.

Obama's uncle was ordered to leave in 1992 by a Federal Judge on appeal. He was an illegal immigrant. He has been here illegally since 1992.

When do we Americans get our tax money back from him and his sister?

I thought they worked and supported themselves and paid taxes?

You're right, he was ordered to leave in 1992 and didn't. That's his bad, not Obama's.

I am pretty sure that there's a lot of things that I don't know about my uncles/cousins/aunts. It's often much later than I find something not so nice about them.

Let's revew: they were ordered to leave 19 years ago. Who was Obama back then? A nobody. The uncle had valid driver's license and valid social security for 19 years. Why would Obama back then have anything to do with their not getting deported? He had no power back then. And secondly, he's estranged from his own father, so why would he have anything to do with a half brother of his father? And why would he be keeping tabs on a relative he doesn't talk to for 19 years? If he ever had any involvement in this, and let's say he did have influence in their staying in america, they would be legal citizens already.

Of course the uncle demanded to call the White House - he's a man in the US illegally who was arrested on a DUI and now on the verge of being deported. Who is the one person who might be able to help him even if they don't speak to each other. And by the way, did he ever get to call the White House and did he get put through to Obama? No.

Your presumptions are rather baseless.

The presumptions made in these threads always are.:P And then people want to talk about connecting the dots when there are more dots missing than evident.:laugh2:

You're right, he was ordered to leave in 1992 and didn't. That's his bad, not Obama's.

Exactly. He hasn't been taking tax money from the American public. He has been contributung to the coffers. Maybe he should ask for a refund for everything he paid in since 1992.:laugh2:

You need to re-read how Obama's uncle and aunt live then. They both feel America "owes" it to them to let them stay on welfare and public assistance.

It is Obama's "bad" to try to pick and choose which federal laws he should enforce. Kind of like .... IMMIGRATION .... maybe?

Obama's uncle lived here for over 50 years, and it would be cruel to deport him now. Hopefully common sense prevails.

You need to re-read how Obama's uncle and aunt live then. They both feel America "owes" it to them to let them stay on welfare and public assistance.

It is Obama's "bad" to try to pick and choose which federal laws he should enforce. Kind of like .... IMMIGRATION .... maybe?

I think Obama pretty much delegates these decisions.:laugh2: I doubt seriously he reviews every case.:laugh2:

Back