Obama administration blocks Texas voter ID law

I've got news for you foxrac. Less and less fewer people are buying new cars now and it's going to get worse as gas prices go up and the price of everything else goes up with it. GM is struggling and has stopped production of their "Savior" car the Volt as it was a complete and utter failure. People don't want the kind of electric cars that they are selling now, not even the hybrids. The banks aren't loaning much money right now either. One of the reasons that interest rates have stayed so low. People can't afford to buy and the banks don't trust them. Our economy is tanking. Our society is tanking too. Only God can help us now.

let me guess.... it's cuz Obama is Muslim?

Over 85% of Alabama and Mississippi Republicans Think Obama Is or Could Be A Muslim
A new PPP poll of Alabama and Mississippi found that between 86% and 88% of each state’s Republicans believe that President Obama is, or could be, a Muslim.

In Alabama, 45% of the state’s Republicans thought that President Obama is Muslim. Fourteen percent correctly identified the president as a Christian, and 41% said that they weren’t sure whether President Obama was a Muslim or a Christian. Forty nine percent of Alabama’s Republican women, and forty two percent of the state’s men thought that Obama is a Muslim. Fifty five percent of Alabama Republicans over the age of 65 also got President Obama’s faith wrong.

Republicans in Alabama looked completely enlightened on the issue of Obama’s faith compared to their counterparts in Mississippi, where 52% of the state’s Republicans thought that President Obama is a Muslim. Only 12% of Mississippi Republicans correctly identified Obama as a Christian, and 36% weren’t sure whether Obama is a Muslim or a Christian. Fifty three percent of Republican men in the state, and fifty one percent of women think that Obama is a Muslim. Fifty five percent of Mississippi Republicans over age 65 thought Obama is a Muslim. Only 4% of senior GOP voters in the state correctly identified Obama as a Christian.

The reason why the Republican presidential candidates and the conservative media continue to question President Obama’s faith is because there is a sizable portion of the Republican electorate holding on to the false belief that President Obama is not a Christian. In short, the Republican presidential candidates are echoing the beliefs of GOP voters and giving them what they want.

Where did Republican voter get these beliefs?

Most likely this incorrect belief came from Fox News, talk radio, and other right wing outlets. Older Republican voters in each state were most likely to think that President Obama is a Muslim, and this same demographic makes up the bulk of the audience for Fox News. (Remember, Fox News has the oldest viewers on all of television.) The conservative media, led by Fox, has fueled the Obama is a Muslim hysteria of the uninformed right for over four years now.

However, the numbers from the Alabama and Mississippi Republicans mean more than just that these people have been uninformed or misinformed. Even when presented with the facts, Republicans reject them. In the eyes of Obama hating Republicans, belief trumps fact. The facts are irrelevant. They know that Obama is a Muslim. They don’t need evidence. They just know it.

The problem that this presents for the Republican Party is that their base wants to nominate a presidential candidate who also believes that President Obama is a Muslim, but any person they nominate who expresses that false belief is a certain loser, because a majority of the country knows that President Obama is a Christian. The propaganda and lies about Obama’s faith will continue through the 2012 election because that’s what the base wants.

The culture of ignorance created by the placing of belief over fact and maintained by a media machine that services and maintains a protective and impermeable anti-intellectual bubble around the Republican Party is one of the biggest reasons why President Obama is in a good position to win reelection.

The Republican Party collectively suffered a psychotic break with the political mainstream after the 2008 election, and their ability to maintain beliefs like Obama is or might be a Muslim demonstrates that they are a long way from being cured.

In bold, I need source to support your argument.

No, economy is still recovering, despite being increase the gas.

I'm not talking about Volt but just entire GM, GM has plenty of fuel efficient vehicles for customers to buy. However, the failure of Volt is in questionable. GM stopped the Volt production for just 5 weeks and they don't cease it out.
GM Will Stop Making Slow-Selling Volt Plug-in for 5 Weeks - Bloomberg

Customers could still buy fuel efficient vehicles, no matters if gas price has raising. Big Three has options like that.

The society is tanking? huh...

No religious discussion allowed in this forum and time for you to take the God out of your post.

FYI, I bought used cars with loan this year and the raising in gas price doesn't stop me from buy it.

First and foremost, God is an ever present part of my daily life. I will not lose God! Second, you just proved my point when you told me you got a loan to by a USED car! How come you didn't buy a new one? :hmm:

Oh we know that he claims to be Christian! We're not stupid! But in our hearts we believe and feel that he is probably Muslim for real! Far too much evidence supports it. Like his bowing down to Middle Eastern Leaders, apologizing for America abroad, asking the head of NASA to help Muslims. His slip of the tongue where he said that he was a muslim. His attendance at a muslim school. His father's heritage. His attacks on the Christian faith in America like the contraceptives issue and the refusal to support the fact that marriage is between one man and one woman (DOMA). His birth certificate cover up. Should I go on? You will not change the way we feel nor will we probably change the way you feel or think but we are not dumb! So don't insult us!

First and foremost, God is an ever present part of my daily life. I will not lose God! Second, you just proved my point when you told me you got a loan to by a USED car! How come you didn't buy a new one? :hmm:

Religious discussion isn't allowed, period and not use the God to debate against me because it doesn't make any sense.

I prefer used car for insurance purpose and my car cost more than some of new cars.

Oh we know that he claims to be Christian! We're not stupid! But in our hearts we believe and feel that he is probably Muslim for real! Far too much evidence supports it. Like his bowing down to Middle Eastern Leaders, apologizing for America abroad, asking the head of NASA to help Muslims. His slip of the tongue where he said that he was a muslim. His attendance at a muslim school. His father's heritage. His attacks on the Christian faith in America like the contraceptives issue and the refusal to support the fact that marriage is between one man and one woman (DOMA). His birth certificate cover up. Should I go on? You will not change the way we feel nor will we probably change the way you feel or think but we are not dumb! So don't insult us!

How amazing is full of nonsense post!

I'm against on DOMA and none of your damn business over gay marriage.

Gay marriage is personal matters and no way for you to put belief in my mouth.

BTW, there are Christians that support GLBT rights, including marriage.

I'm not discussing religion. I don't believe in religion. I am relating my faith to my daily life. :ty:

Religious discussion isn't allowed, period and not use the God to debate against me because it doesn't make any sense.

I prefer used car for insurance purpose and my car cost more than some of new cars.

On a serious but slightly off topic note, I'm curious what kind of car you bought?

so... it's because Obama is Muslim which is why we're in deep trouble, correct?

How amazing is full of nonsense post!

I'm against on DOMA and none of your damn business over gay marriage.

Gay marriage is personal matters and no way for you to put belief in my mouth.

BTW, there are Christians that support GLBT rights, including marriage.

Gay relationships are personal, marriage is not. Marriage is licensed by Government. Everyone has the right to chose the type of country they want to live in, that is why we or our representatives vote.

Gay relationships are personal, marriage is not. Marriage is licensed by Government. Everyone has the right to chose the type of country they want to live in, that is why we or our representatives vote.

and that's why government should issue marriage license to gay people because government is supposed to be neutral and not be based on religion.

church won't recognize them but government should.

It isn't okay for you to against my wish to marry to other man. :(

and that's why government should issue marriage license to gay people because government is supposed to be neutral and not be based on religion.

Yup, I agreed.

Government of the people, by the people, for the people.....

Therefore the government should do as the majority of people wish.

Back