Not sure what to do

I don't know any specific dates at all, just that it was sometime in December 2013.

I already tried that approach, I haven't a clue what I'm doing or even how to get the form back in if I were able to fill it out. I'd just like to throw a brick through their office window or a molotov, this is super frustrating all the pointless bureaucratic crap.

If you are having trouble filling out the form there should be a number to call to get some help. I see nothing stupid about you . I agree you should go the ER if you are feeling suicidal . No one should be alone if they're feeling this way. Please take care of yourself and get the help you need . Do you have any one in your family to call ?

I started thinking back on the Army and thought about a tactical retreat. The concept works in war, business and debate, so maybe it would work in life? I might be able to get into vocational training with Virginia's voc rehab, but that would mean I'd have to drive all the way back there, become open about my being trans with my family before I think I'm ready to and that's no guarantee they'll accept me, still leaving me homeless.

I like it out here, but I got turned down for over 20 jobs in a single day earlier this week and they were crappy retail jobs, nothing special. If I stay here where I want to be, my future is uncertain since I'm not finding success out here in terms of employment or income (I gave up on the VA or SSI).

I look outside or drive down the street and the place feels like somewhere somebody who has a home would call their home. I love the weather, how arid it is, the scenery and the fact it's urban, but where I'm staying isn't in the metro area.

I could stay here, keep trying to find a slave wage job that I may or may not find, or if DARS accepts my application (when I email it to them) I could end up in a place back in Virginia for 8 months, gaining a job skill and having a free, warm place to stay that isn't a shit-hole like my parent's house.

The logical thing I think would be if accepted, to return to Virginia for 8 or so months and complete the job training and give out here another go, but my feelings want me to stay here.

I don't know what to do and on another note, my friends out here it seems have abandoned me, they don't want to really communicate or be around me, I haven't seen them in 1-2 weeks.

Have you considered doing theater work?
Maybe apprenticeships or internships?

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

I don't know where I'd even find those and I can't afford to work for free.

I don't know where I'd even find those and I can't afford to work for free.

When I worked as a bookkeeper for a construction company we had some apprentices over the years in different trades and they were paid; just not as much as the journeymen.

I'd love to do a job most people wouldn't want and that is any job that involves lots of travel (No lorry driver jobs) as I don't have a wife and kids to go back to, so I have nothing against going out of town, state country, whatever. I considered trying to apply for a cleaning job on a cruise ship or something, but I'm not sure how to get a job like that as I didn't see lower level job listings on a few cruise ship websites.

Alternatively, what could I be a paid intern or apprentice for and how would I even find such a position?

I don't know :(
I was just throwing out some ideas "outside the box".
Though finding a paying job is important, of course, getting out and meeting people might give you leads. I know I should have done that more myself when I was unemployed last year. Find places to volunteer, etc. I was not shy to let people I already knew know I was looking for work.
Have you tried temp agencies?

Temp agency is a great suggestion. Sometimes that can lead to full time.

Learn to cook.
It sucks as a trade but people need to eat.
Cooking is a good bet. Line cook ect
Find a grave yard.
Bodies need to be buried

Feed em or bury me
Safe bets

I worked in a cemetery for about a year. Mainly yard work but I also dug some graves 3 by 9 9 if memory serves. It was all under the table pay.

People always need to eat and people are always dyin

Do you have any skill set whatsoever?

I don't know :(
I was just throwing out some ideas "outside the box".
Though finding a paying job is important, of course, getting out and meeting people might give you leads. I know I should have done that more myself when I was unemployed last year. Find places to volunteer, etc. I was not shy to let people I already knew know I was looking for work.
Have you tried temp agencies?

I do meet people, but nobody seems to have any good job leads and I'm basically out of ideas, hence my considering tactical retreat as an option. I'm too poor to volunteer since fuel isn't cheap and it ain't free. I basically just have enough cash to go back to Virginia, that's it, so I'm eating ramen and cereal with water for every meal. I finished up my friend's supply of spam and spam makes me sick, so I ate it drenched in hot sauce.

I haven't tried a temp agency, I'll have to google it to see where the nearest one is here in a few minutes.

Learn to cook.
It sucks as a trade but people need to eat.
Cooking is a good bet. Line cook ect
Find a grave yard.
Bodies need to be buried

Feed em or bury me
Safe bets

I worked in a cemetery for about a year. Mainly yard work but I also dug some graves 3 by 9 9 if memory serves. It was all under the table pay.

People always need to eat and people are always dyin

Do you have any skill set whatsoever?

I have bi-lateral knee problems, so your previous, under the table line of work wouldn't work for me. I can barely cook ramen, let alone food people actually want to eat.

The only formal skills I can prove on paper are arresting people and shooting people, from my time in the Military Police (Was combat support, not L&O).

Things I have no formal training with are computers, I'm great with computers and I'm alright when it comes to fixing my car and motorcycle.

Hmm Security Guard? I don't know if the hearing loss and the rotten knees will put a kibosh on it though. My father did a short stint as a security guard after he retired; he had no formal experience as a security guard either.

I do know of an old ..uh friend who also did a short stint as a security guard- he has very mild hearing loss.

There's some online courses for computer- both hardware and software that are free and you could use as a jumping off point for jobs (I've done this with paid courses and am now with a free course... whatever it takes).

Temp agencies are all over- not sure if there are offices where you are- I'm betting there are. Kelly Services, Accenture... Robert Half... those are off the top of my head. I've worked for a number of 'temp agencies' (to put it loosely) but they seem more like recruiting firms. Worth checking out- many do work with more than just IT jobs.

Hmm Security Guard? I don't know if the hearing loss and the rotten knees will put a kibosh on it though. My father did a short stint as a security guard after he retired; he had no formal experience as a security guard either.

I do know of an old ..uh friend who also did a short stint as a security guard- he has very mild hearing loss.

There's some online courses for computer- both hardware and software that are free and you could use as a jumping off point for jobs (I've done this with paid courses and am now with a free course... whatever it takes).

Temp agencies are all over- not sure if there are offices where you are- I'm betting there are. Kelly Services, Accenture... Robert Half... those are off the top of my head. I've worked for a number of 'temp agencies' (to put it loosely) but they seem more like recruiting firms. Worth checking out- many do work with more than just IT jobs.

I would be hesitant for any security work if you have bad knees.
If your gonna be in a position to engage others who will by definition be hostile you need your knees or your a gonner
I have plenty of experience on the other side when it comes to this, I don't think saavak is a good fit all things considered for security work unless it's a simple sitting at a condo consigeire desk which may be an option.
Is there not any veterNs orgs that can help you find work having been in the mil?

I do meet people, but nobody seems to have any good job leads and I'm basically out of ideas, hence my considering tactical retreat as an option. I'm too poor to volunteer since fuel isn't cheap and it ain't free. I basically just have enough cash to go back to Virginia, that's it, so I'm eating ramen and cereal with water for every meal. I finished up my friend's supply of spam and spam makes me sick, so I ate it drenched in hot sauce.

I haven't tried a temp agency, I'll have to google it to see where the nearest one is here in a few minutes.

I have bi-lateral knee problems, so your previous, under the table line of work wouldn't work for me. I can barely cook ramen, let alone food people actually want to eat.

The only formal skills I can prove on paper are arresting people and shooting people, from my time in the Military Police (Was combat support, not L&O).

Things I have no formal training with are computers, I'm great with computers and I'm alright when it comes to fixing my car and motorcycle.

Learning to cook is not that hard though, it's a skills set you can acquire, for low pay gigs, granted it's allot of competition and the trade real really sucks.
But it's something you can learn. I cook, I was earning loot from private dinner gigs, I hated the restaurant end of it, but managed to snag some people who liked me enough to invite me to upper class gigs being the token ex con for them to stare at while I cooked showing off my range tats and joint recipes for the ladies. Who all told really digged me. In short it wasn't my cooking that got me pay it was my ability to make them laugh and entertain them that did.

How old are you saavak

...Is there not any veterNs orgs that can help you find work having been in the mil?
I've suggested that several times. Also, as a veteran, Saavik should be eligible for free or low cost medical care.

Learning to cook is not that hard though, it's a skills set you can acquire, for low pay gigs, granted it's allot of competition and the trade real really sucks.
But it's something you can learn. I cook, I was earning loot from private dinner gigs, I hated the restaurant end of it, but managed to snag some people who liked me enough to invite me to upper class gigs being the token ex con for them to stare at while I cooked showing off my range tats and joint recipes for the ladies. Who all told really digged me. In short it wasn't my cooking that got me pay it was my ability to make them laugh and entertain them that did.

How old are you saavak
The bad knees might be a problem; cooks are on their feet for long periods.

I've suggested that several times. Also, as a veteran, Saavik should be eligible for free or low cost medical care.

If you didn't serve the full period of enlistment, are you still eligible?

Last edited:
If you didn't serve the fill period of enlistment, are you still eligible?
Yes and no.

The minimum time served for benefits is normally 24 months of active duty but there are exceptions, such as death and disability.

I've never been able to get past my anxiety issues to go to the VA or any other veteran type thing, with my extreme anxiety, I literally can't get myself to go in there.

Back