North Korea readying rockets to aim at U.S. targets, state media says

You're using the wrong term. Reunification means to join together again, the way East and West Germany did, and North and South Vietnam did. They became single countries under one government. Establishing diplomatic relations is not reunification.
I was talking about 2 different things. Several years ago, both Koreas were in discussion about reunification process and the diplomatic agreement between them was the first start. Shame that the effort went to waste. USA needs to butt out as what Scott Houser suggested. The hardliner party was to be blamed for this too. That hardliner party is what the current SK President is from. She is equivalent to Sarah Palin. The election race was way too close and everybody knows it was rigged. The other candidate was the Korean's favorite and he was the lawyer of late President Roh Moo-hyun. oh well.

It's true that America usually gets stuck with providing most of the manpower and money behind UN mandates.
there you go. for years - UN security councils especially superpowers have frequently vetoed against UN sanction because it simply does not work.

So you say. That's not what they say.
neither of us is wrong. there are always two sides of the story.

My friends had very harrowing tales of escape also. They were terrified of being caught by the N. Koreans as they escaped. Their living conditions and escape routes were terrible. They escaped prior to 1990, and don't remember anything good about life in N. Korea.
same ole' harrowing story that Cubans, Mexicans, Chineses, Harriet Tubman, etc. have when running away.

I'm not surprised that they don't recall anything good about life in NK... you know why? they were most likely from poverty or low class. of course... being in low class is a misery in any country including wealthy country.

I've already shown you a video of Hyeonseo Lee saying wonderful thing about NK until famine struck in 1990's.

You might like this:

OUDaily.com | COLUMN: U.S. should stop sending foreign aid to North Korea

He agrees that the USA should leave N. Korea alone; including cutting off the aid that we send there.
I completely agree! That's what I've been saying - IGNOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE them. So what if North Korea has a nuke? Pakistan has some nukes and what happens? nothing! Israel never got nuked. nobody got nuked.

North Korea is not stupid. Nobody in their right mind would let a crazed lunatic launch a nuclear war. The NK military generals can easily take over Kim Jong Un at any time because majority of wealthy/powerful people in North Korea are generals and they do actually care and they've got families too. Kim Jong Un is just a puppet for them since upper classes prefer to be rich and NOT famous.

North Korea is not stupid. Nobody in their right mind would let a crazed lunatic launch a nuclear war. The NK military generals can easily take over Kim Jong Un at any time because majority of wealthy/powerful people in North Korea are generals and they do actually care and they've got families too. Kim Jong Un is just a puppet for them since upper classes prefer to be rich and NOT famous.
If he is just a puppet does that mean they actually want him to say North Korea is going to bomb us?

If he is just a puppet does that mean they actually want him to say North Korea is going to bomb us?

probably. it's same ole' scare tactic to get us to cave in and give them money & supply. just think of them as a very scary creepy beggar hovering around you until you give him some money.

as seen for thousands of years... soldiers respect and listen to their generals... not their political leader. that's why it was illegal for Roman army to be stationed in Rome out of fear of military takeover. powerful armies were kept very far away from capitol.

I say theres 2 places to level, one just flatten, its useless and the other turn into a glass factory. Just my 2 cents and less of a headache to everyone else. Now the terrorists here, even if they are citizens...deport em all, show them how much power they actually have without a mastermind.

I say theres 2 places to level, one just flatten, its useless and the other turn into a glass factory. Just my 2 cents and less of a headache to everyone else. Now the terrorists here, even if they are citizens...deport em all, show them how much power they actually have without a mastermind.

if an American citizen is a terrorist in here, they would be declared as terrorist and stripped of citizenship.... and shipped off to Gitmo Camp or somewhere else indefinitely. and we'll never know about it.

they do not need a mastermind to operate and carry out their missions. that's why we have hard time combating against them. all they have is a target and bomb. Israelis and Saudis suggest that it's better to launch re-education campaigns to teach them the right way of Islam and it's been reasonably effective.

cheaper and easier this way than to conduct clandestine operations to find and stop them.

I was talking about 2 different things. Several years ago, both Koreas were in discussion about reunification process and the diplomatic agreement between them was the first start.
If they did reunite, which government would be in control?

I'm not surprised that they don't recall anything good about life in NK... you know why? they were most likely from poverty or low class. of course... being in low class is a misery in any country including wealthy country.
They weren't referring to poverty but to fear and intimidation.

I've already shown you a video of Hyeonseo Lee saying wonderful thing about NK until famine struck in 1990's.
I guess that was a different experience in time. Like I said, my friends left way before 1990.

Who's saying everyone is right of mind?

If they did reunite, which government would be in control?
very obvious - both of Koreas. the President would be elected. there's a very high likelihood that the government would be South Korea and the military would be North Korea. together as one nation - it would be American's most powerful ally in Asia and that's what China doesn't want.

They weren't referring to poverty but to fear and intimidation.
they must haven't told you a complete story.

I guess that was a different experience in time. Like I said, my friends left way before 1990.
oh of course.... long before before 1990's... the Cold War era... South Koreans were very very bitter and harsh toward communists. That's why Americans let South Koreans deal with VCs because of their barbaric interrogation methods. You don't wanna know what South Koreans did to commie sympathizers at that time before Koreas split up. The Red Scare in Korea makes the Red Scare and McCarthyism in America looks like a cheap halloween scary show.

fear and intimidation... no doubt.

Who's saying everyone is right of mind?
common knowledge. what do you think why nothing happened? because nobody in their right mind would do something stupid to get their country obliterated.

if an American citizen is a terrorist in here, they would be declared as terrorist and stripped of citizenship.... and shipped off to Gitmo Camp or somewhere else indefinitely. and we'll never know about it....
A naturalized citizen can be denaturalized but a naturally born American citizen cannot have his citizenship revoked against his will.

very obvious - both of Koreas. the President would be elected. there's a very high likelihood that the government would be South Korea and the military would be North Korea. together as one nation - it would be American's most powerful ally in Asia and that's what China doesn't want.
If they reunite, obviously they wouldn't have two governments; they would become one. That's why I keep asking--which government would be in charge of the one united Korea. One reunited country means one government, one leader. Otherwise, there is no reunification.

they must haven't told you a complete story.
If that's what you want to believe, fine.

oh of course.... long before before 1990's... the Cold War era... South Koreans were very very bitter and harsh toward communists. That's why Americans let South Koreans deal with VCs because of their barbaric interrogation methods. You don't wanna know what South Koreans did to commie sympathizers at that time before Koreas split up. The Red Scare in Korea makes the Red Scare and McCarthyism in America looks like a cheap halloween scary show.
I guess I wasn't clear. My Korean friends were NORTH Koreans escaping from NORTH Korean communists and the military intimidation and force in NORTH Korea.

fear and intimidation... no doubt.
In NORTH Korea.

common knowledge. what do you think why nothing happened? because nobody in their right mind would do something stupid to get their country obliterated.
We have no proof that the leadership of NORTH Korea is in its right mind.

If they reunite, obviously they wouldn't have two governments; they would become one. That's why I keep asking--which government would be in charge of the one united Korea. One reunited country means one government, one leader. Otherwise, there is no reunification.
yes. that's what I just said. there would be an election to vote for the President. one leader. one country.

If that's what you want to believe, fine.
that's fine. neither of us is wrong.

I guess I wasn't clear. My Korean friends were NORTH Koreans escaping from NORTH Korean communists and the military intimidation and force in NORTH Korea.
yes I know. they would be subjected to harsh interrogation and imprisonment if caught in South Korea. perhaps death.

In NORTH Korea.
yes I know.

We have no proof that the leadership of NORTH Korea is in its right mind.
that's what you Americans believe but we Koreans already know. like I said - it's a common knowledge in Korea.

A naturalized citizen can be denaturalized but a naturally born American citizen cannot have his citizenship revoked against his will.

:ty: for clarification

yes. that's what I just said. there would be an election to vote for the President. one leader. one country.
Do you seriously believe the current leader of N. Korea would just quit?

yes I know. they would be subjected to harsh interrogation and imprisonment if caught in South Korea. perhaps death.
No. They were afraid of being caught by the NORTH Korean soldiers in NORTH Korea. Nothing bad happened to them after they crossed the border. They eventually moved to Japan and America.

that's what you Americans believe but we Koreans already know. like I said - it's a common knowledge in Korea.
Oh; he's just acting nutty?

Do you seriously believe the current leader of N. Korea would just quit?
that applies to South Korea too.

No. They were afraid of being caught by the NORTH Korean soldiers in NORTH Korea. Nothing bad happened to them after they crossed the border. They eventually moved to Japan and America.
what do you think why they didn't go to South Korea? because of fear and intimidation they too would have in South Korea. they most likely would be treated as spies.

common routes are to run away to Vietnam, Russia, China, Japan, and America.

Oh; he's just acting nutty?
bingo :lol:

maybe he has mental illness. maybe he's under pressure to show his inner circle who is in power. maybe he's just nutty.

either way - does it matter? same ole' nutty show, different asshole. for over 50 years.

what do you think why they didn't go to South Korea? because of fear and intimidation they too would have in South Korea. they most likely would be treated as spies.
The did go to South Korea. They were not treated as spies. I said they eventually moved to Japan and America. That was years later.

The did go to South Korea. They were not treated as spies. I said they eventually moved to Japan and America. That was years later.

oh good! how fortunate and lucky of them. must have bribed their way in :dunno:

bingo :lol:

maybe he has mental illness. maybe he's under pressure to show his inner circle who is in power. maybe he's just nutty.

either way - does it matter? same ole' nutty show, different asshole. for over 50 years.
If so, the military officers would STILL do what he says because if they don't, they would be punished by death. Right?

oh good! how fortunate and lucky of them. must have bribed their way in :dunno:
They were children at the time, escaping with other family members, including grandparents. One of them recalled being carried over snowy mountains by the grandfather.

If so, the military officers would STILL do what he says because if they don't, they would be punished by death. Right?

not military officers... military GENERALS.

punishable by death... well I don't know about that and I'd say - good luck especially if that general is powerful and well-connected.

and since when's the last time we've heard of that? lol

I grew up as a Marine brat hearing about the North's capabilities. Either way, DPRK are screwed! Old fashioned artillery and infantry don't win wars anymore, they are totally bluffing!

They were children at the time, escaping with other family members, including grandparents. One of them recalled being carried over snowy mountains by the grandfather.

yes. similar story as my grandfather. he was a high-level government official and upon hearing about some communist revolution... he packed up with his family and ran away to south.

anti-communism is very strong and bitter in our blood.

Back