North Korea readying rockets to aim at U.S. targets, state media says

Reunite in what way? Do South Koreans want North Korea to cross the border, and let them rule?

If they all want to be under N. Korea's rule, so be it.
that's not what a reunification is. several years ago - both Koreas had an diplomatic agreement to allow both Koreans (limited) to visit each other because we all have families in both countries.

The "meddling" is under UN mandate, not a unilateral action of the United States.
we both know very well that UN mandate is motivated and influenced and muscled by United States. UN mandate is basically worthless without American muscle.

Not all Koreans agree with your assessment. I have friends who have escaped from N. Korea, and they don't see it the same way.
a tiny representative. very tiny.

this is the fact - Hyeonseo Lee: My escape from North Korea | Video on TED.com
As a child growing up in North Korea, Hyeonseo Lee thought her country was “the best on the planet.” It wasn't until the famine of the 90s that she began to wonder. She escaped the country at 14, to begin a life in hiding, as a refugee in China. Hers is a harrowing, personal tale of survival and hope -- and a powerful reminder of those who face constant danger, even when the border is far behind.

Born in North Korea, Hyeonseo Lee left for China in 1997. Now living in South Korea, she has become an activist for fellow refugees.

The Americans prevented South Koreans from helping them out. That's why the situation in North Korea was dire.

Oh, I see. However, I still hope NK will not start the fire. If they need money and food, can't they do it themselves like home-grown vegetables/fruits and sell them?
not that easy. see below.

What about Vietnam? Do they beg for food and money, too?
they're a "jungle" country. Northern Vietnam is arable. very easy for them to grow food fast.

North Korea... oh my... terrible. back in 1995, they were struck by the worst floods of the century. it was as terrible as biblical version of flood and Noah's Ark that pretty much wiped out North Korean's food supply and ability to produce food. Korean peninsula is mostly mountains. A large portion of Koreas are not suitable for farming and living. that suitable agricultural area in North Korea was destroyed.

remove UN mandate and let Koreans help each other out... then we can start talking about "friendship". Until then... while North Koreans are hungry and angry... nothing's gonna get done and Kim Jong Un will continue to be a bratty one.

that's not what a reunification is. several years ago - both Koreas had an diplomatic agreement to allow both Koreans (limited) to visit each other because we all have families in both countries.

we both know very well that UN mandate is motivated and influenced and muscled by United States. UN mandate is basically worthless without American muscle.

The Americans prevented South Koreans from helping them out. That's why the situation in North Korea was dire.
I watched the video, very inspiring. But I believe that she said South Koreans dislike North Koreans. And yet you said SK wants to help NK.

North Korean defectors often have a hard time in South Korea, she noted in the Wall Street Journal: "We defectors have to start from scratch. Prejudice against North Koreans and icy stares were other obstacles that were hard to cope with."

What's more, where does NK military money come from? Why doesn't it feed its hungry people instead?

that's exactly what I've been saying all along. that's why my parents shrugged at it and didn't even bat an eye whenever NK makes a fuss like this. My parents have been dealing with this same ole' song since their birth. My dad's been in South Korea for several months now and he's hardly concerned about it.

USA really needs to stop trolling NK and STFU. All they have to do is IIIGGGGGGNNNNNNOOOOOOORRRRRRREEEEE.

It's just easiest for NK to make a fuss in order to get us to cave in and give them what they want - mainly food and money. That's why UN sanction should be removed. It's not helping and it hasn't done anything good for decades. It's just fueling North Korean people's hate and anger. They truly believe that we are evil and bad guy because we are making them poor and hungry.... which is true.

I have too beg to differ Jiro,
They are making themselves hungry and poor with their ways of refusing to accept anyone, they claim they have all they need ( which they don't to try and use reverse pshycology but they are actually harming themselves and no country wants to be a part of it with their attitudes.

I watched the video, very inspiring. But I believe that she said South Koreans dislike North Koreans. And yet you said SK wants to help NK.
yes that's why it's complicated. older generations are very bitter about NK and Japan (from 30 years of Japanese Occupation in the past) but younger generations are more sympathetic.

this is no different from America.... which is why Cuba is still "banned" from America.

Current SK President is a hard-liner and is pushing for zero-tolerance tough stance toward North Korea. bad news!!!!

btw - you know what's funny? long time ago, a North Korean spy blew up a South Korean airline. hundreds of people died. People were angry. There was a huge manhunt to find these spies. They caught 2. One died but other one was captured alive. She was actually beautiful at that time. She was sentenced to death. Somehow the public was very sympathetic to her and they forgave her because they understood that she was brainwashed as a child or something and she underwent a cruel espionage training...

SK President pardoned her too. Now she's married and living in South Korea.... guess who's she married to... the SK counterintelligence agent who was also her bodyguard lol because NK obviously wanted to kill her. lovely love story, huh? there was a movie about it.

What's more, where does NK military money come from?
dunno. same thing with Iraq and Saddam.

Why doesn't it feed its hungry people instead?
the question is... why is America still pushing for UN sanction that worsen this problem?

but despite of everything... South Korean and Japanese are still sending food to them but at limited quantities due to UN sanction.

I have too beg to differ Jiro,
They are making themselves hungry and poor with their ways of refusing to accept anyone, they claim they have all they need ( which they don't to try and use reverse pshycology but they are actually harming themselves and no country wants to be a part of it with their attitudes.

I don't follow. refusing to accept anyone? how do you know? we haven't been able to get any info/intel from them for decades.

many of them tried to run away to China or South Korea because they were starving. they were eating grass, bugs, and tree barks. millions of them died. that's the reality.

that vidio will not load up...enough of your dads grandads died in korea they would not want their sons to die at hands spoilt brat, should fed them years ago...work people hard and starve them they turn to meglamic leader and treat like a god...feed them dont use them like slaves and they think for themselves..
rev moon of moonies treated his many devotees like this he korean, just an observation.
America got nothing to worry about Try not to police the world let countries make own mistakes and sort their own problems out (syria)enough people are being killed,feed them and leave them get far more respect...humble opinion

You're using the wrong term. Reunification means to join together again, the way East and West Germany did, and North and South Vietnam did. They became single countries under one government. Establishing diplomatic relations is not reunification.

It's true that America usually gets stuck with providing most of the manpower and money behind UN mandates.

So you say. That's not what they say.

My friends had very harrowing tales of escape also. They were terrified of being caught by the N. Koreans as they escaped. Their living conditions and escape routes were terrible. They escaped prior to 1990, and don't remember anything good about life in N. Korea.

You might like this:

OUDaily.com | COLUMN: U.S. should stop sending foreign aid to North Korea

He agrees that the USA should leave N. Korea alone; including cutting off the aid that we send there.

So you say. That's not what they say.

My friends had very harrowing tales of escape also. They were terrified of being caught by the N. Koreans as they escaped. Their living conditions and escape routes were terrible. They escaped prior to 1990, and don't remember anything good about life in N. Korea.

I don't think you are incorrect, but I do think it is a two-prong situation that is respective of the person's opinion. It has been my experience seeing this from associating with many 1st generation Asians in the US over the period of my life or when I have traveled overseas. It helps that I still understand and communicate in the native languages, which gives the perspective of why they are that way.

A lot of culturally-robust Asians tend to be ultraconservative (I am not saying conservative in the scope of political opinion) of certain issues. This is prevalent with some of the older generation. Examples like marriage is to be between man/woman, man is the breadwinner, avoid conflict or keep your nose out of other's business, elder/older people have the final say in things, arguing with them is considered disrespect, etc.. The contemporary-minded (not limited by age) are more accepting to reverse these issues and you can see it in nationalist/republic represented countries like Japan, SK and Taiwan where they encourage westernized adaptions of gender neutrality etc. It doesn't mean it's gone in those countries too, they still have people who tie with older beliefs. Your friends from NK could be more accepting of western perspectives, I think.

I don't follow. refusing to accept anyone? how do you know? we haven't been able to get any info/intel from them for decades.

many of them tried to run away to China or South Korea because they were starving. they were eating grass, bugs, and tree barks. millions of them died. that's the reality.

You just answered yourself, They want food, money and technology but they refuse to accept anything from anyone... FREE of course they will in a heartbeat but to give a little as they take...NOPE, not gonna happen in their eyes.
Yes, the PEOPLE want to leave but the GOVERNMENT wont allow them, they are more or less a prisoner of their own country.

There has been numberous documentaries on NK and how they operate, how they feel they have control and that all the other countries are going to bow down to them....its a laughing stock and they don't like it either. Supposedly the new son that took over is a little lighthearted compared to his father, but he hasn't given in yet in Honor of his father, but the days are closing in that he will buckle either under pressure OR when his father dies.

I cant remember the other sons name but if he gets power, it will all stop as he is more for Peace. ( one reason he didn't get the spot)

553263_535977476468329_1938612565_n.jpg

Yes, NK government doesn't care about people, unless you are in military.

Not even then...the majority of the military in NK are malnorished and underweight. He's the only one that gets to eat....

Laura

Not even then...the majority of the military in NK are malnorished and underweight. He's the only one that gets to eat....

Laura

but they treat soldiers better than civilians.

NK get 3 classes - 1st: Supreme Leader (highest class), 2nd: anyone in military - soldiers, 3rd: civilians (lowest class).

but they treat soldiers better than civilians.

NK get 3 classes - 1st: Supreme Leader (highest class), 2nd: anyone in military - soldiers, 3rd: civilians (lowest class).

No they don't....everyone is low class there...you should watch more of the documentaries from survivors that managed to escape. Military and civilian are treated just as bad...except fatso and his BFF, Dennis Rodman....

No they don't....everyone is low class there...you should watch more of the documentaries from survivors that managed to escape. Military and civilian are treated just as bad...except fatso and his BFF, Dennis Rodman....

Not really, not at same level, the government and military get electricity since civilians suffer from no electricity due to rationing. Same goes with food - priority based on classes - the supreme leader and his BFF Dennis Rodman get food at first so any leftover will goes to military so after taken care, civilians will get last leftover of food - not guarantee if they are fed. If military take all of leftover so left civilians as without food at all.

NK army have more power than civilians so they can beat or torture the civilians whatever they want.

Laura

and Pyongyang is fine too. that's where middle-upper classes live.

Not really, not at same level, the government and military get electricity since civilians suffer from no electricity due to rationing. Same goes with food - priority based on classes - the supreme leader and his BFF Dennis Rodman get food at first so any leftover will goes to military so after taken care, civilians will get last leftover of food - not guarantee if they are fed. If military take all of leftover so left civilians as without food at all.

NK army have more power than civilians so they can beat or torture the civilians whatever they want.

well have you seen NK soldiers? they're thin and they have bony cheeks.

Real NK prisoner story. He born in hard labor camp and hunger. NK officers beat him up for punishment. He escaped from camp to freedom (crossing border to China and then South Korea).
CAMP 14 - TOTAL CONTROL ZONE Trailer | TIFF Festival 2012 | Human Rights Watch 2013 - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr6Rw0ltFxc

of course.... that's what happens to people who break the law... his entire families are in prison camp now. he knew what would happen to them if he escapes and unfortunately... he didn't care... awful.

North Korea probably has the world largest prison camp where it's not uncommon to find prisoners who were born into it for 3 generations. but then..... America has the world largest incarceration rate... and I'm sure many countries are shocked to hear that people go to jail over petty things like a joint of marijuana.

Last edited:
Back