No Xbox 360 Price Drop, Says Microsoft

VGChartz, Videogame Charts - The Most Comprehensive Videogame Charts in the World

Wii already has sold around 8.17 million units compared to 10 million units of Xbox 360.

So yeah, Wii is already doing better. Xbox 360 is moving at quite a slow pace. They boasted about shipping in 10 million units and that was back in December. Now it's June and they finally sold their 10th million unit.

It's quite remarkable how successful Nintendo has been with the Wii. That's the thing, the so-called "serious gamers" don't make up a big percentage of the gaming community. In fact, they have very little influence on the industry these days.

Supply and Demand. Either hate it or love it.

I dont think Xbox 360 going down at all since it offer alot of fun stuffs.

Wii is going up yeah but alot of serious gamers such as myself are into better system such as Xbox 360/PS3.

Kids and some adults who just play for fun are into Wii more. My finace dont like serious games... she just like to play fun easy games. She want Wii which would be 3rd system to our shelf. Yeah I got PS3 and Xbox 360 Elite.

I think Xbox 360 is best one but PS3 has more better graphics. Wii just has alot of kiddies games.

Sorry, but Wii IS outselling 360 2 to 1

This is the most recent figures:

April NPD: Nintendo dominates, industry sales up 20% - Joystiq

Nintendo Wii: 360K (2.5 million total)
Microsoft Xbox 360: 174K (5.4 million total)

Guess it is the kiddy games that are selling better than the "mature" games 360 claims to have offered.

Funny considering how Twilight Princess Wii, Metroid Prime 3:Corruption, Resident Evil 4 Wii, and Manhunt 2 are not kiddy at all.

Next time get your facts right, my racing friend.

The bottom line.... Wii is beating 360 into submission.

Even Sony is making a huge mistake with the $600 price tag. PS3 doesn't have any games that makes me want to care about. The only game I want to care about is Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. But that is a year and half from now. In that case, do I really want to pay $600 just to play just one game? No, I don't want to. That's why between now and the time MGS4 comes out, Sony have to really impress me with games that will make me really care about.

MS is doing the wrong moves by forcing XBOX Live users to pay for subscription when Wii offers FREE online service (except for Virtual Console) in most of its future games and $400 for a new black version of the 360 with better outputs? That's crazy and not to mention MS is screwing up by bringing HD-DVD add-on to 360 when in sales Blu-Ray IS/B] killling HD-DVD in BOTH the hardware and software sales.

Neo, You don't get it, no offense...

PC don't have Bully, GTA 4, Forza 2, GT4, Halo 3, CRackdown, GoW, Dead Rising, PGR3, FFXII, Ridge Racer 7, Motorstorm, Lair and other many games that are released on console version.

Oh trust me, Halo 3 will come to PC soon. Soon they'll release a PC port of Halo 2 with added contents for a PC version of XBOX Live.

Who care. Same idea you don't own Wii or xbox360. Most games dont need powerful PC.

Um, everyone knows PC is more powerful than consoles and at least you can upgrade your pc with better graphic cards. Consoles can't do that.

Never heard of emulator? Yes, there is emulator PS2 for Windows.

Emulators are still illegal unless it's sanctioned by the console makers. This being Sony for the PS1/PS2 emulator in PS3, MS for XBOX Live, and Sega/Turbografx/NEO GEO/SNES/NES emulator on the Wii.

VGChartz, Videogame Charts - The Most Comprehensive Videogame Charts in the World

Wii already has sold around 8.17 million units compared to 10 million units of Xbox 360.

So yeah, Wii is already doing better. Xbox 360 is moving at quite a slow pace. They boasted about shipping in 10 million units and that was back in December. Now it's June and they finally sold their 10th million unit.

It's quite remarkable how successful Nintendo has been with the Wii. That's the thing, the so-called "serious gamers" don't make up a big percentage of the gaming community. In fact, they have very little influence on the industry these days.

Supply and Demand. Either hate it or love it.

Exactly. Nintendo is bringing us all back to the good old days where it was revolutionary to make a console that the entire family can enjoy with simple controls. The Wii is basically a 3D-version of the SNES only with motion sensing.

Um, everyone knows PC is more powerful than consoles and at least you can upgrade your pc with better graphic cards. Consoles can't do that.

Emulators are still illegal unless it's sanctioned by the console makers. This being Sony for the PS1/PS2 emulator in PS3, MS for XBOX Live, and Sega/Turbografx/NEO GEO/SNES/NES emulator on the Wii.

I know. My cpu from 2005 and still powerful than xbox360. You can upgrade xbox with soldering but not graphic card. Too bad, many people don't know how to use soldering. I learned it when I was 10.
Well. You have some emulators in your Nokia.

Same thing too many friends dont own PS3 or xbox360.

What games you own for PC?

I have more friends that own Xbox 360. Very few own PC and Xbox 360. Most PC users have low graphic cards which is conflicts to most PC games. This is why we had diffcult time to get all of us, friends online at the same time.

PC games I own are Delta Force Black Hawk Down, Warcraft 3, Nascar Thunder 2004, Nascar Simracing, XIII, Max Payne 1 and 2, and more.

Guess it is the kiddy games that are selling better than the "mature" games 360 claims to have offered.

Funny considering how Twilight Princess Wii, Metroid Prime 3:Corruption, Resident Evil 4 Wii, and Manhunt 2 are not kiddy at all.

Even Sony is making a huge mistake with the $600 price tag. PS3 doesn't have any games that makes me want to care about. The only game I want to care about is Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. But that is a year and half from now. In that case, do I really want to pay $600 just to play just one game? No, I don't want to. That's why between now and the time MGS4 comes out, Sony have to really impress me with games that will make me really care about.

MS is doing the wrong moves by forcing XBOX Live users to pay for subscription when Wii offers FREE online service (except for Virtual Console) in most of its future games and $400 for a new black version of the 360 with better outputs? That's crazy and not to mention MS is screwing up by bringing HD-DVD add-on to 360 when in sales Blu-Ray IS/B] killling HD-DVD in BOTH the hardware and software sales.

I said I knew Wii is going up but for the serious gamers we are into bigger gaming system which is xbox 360 and PS3. Yeah there are alot of kids playing Wii and some of adults that has kids also own these Mature games or the adults that couldn't afford PS3 and Xbox 360 so they has no choice but to get Wii instead. Have you seen Wii's graphics? Very horrible. No HDMI for Wii as well. There's no realistic racing game in Wii anyhoo.

You forgot PS3 offer free online service too. Yeah Xbox 360 charge us 54.99 a year for Gold Xbox Live this is enable to play online with friends... but Xbox does offer free online which is Silver membership you can send messages to friends and download demos and etc off the xbox marketplace. It does not bother me at all paying 55 a year for online service with 360 because I have a job and plenty money.

Overall 360 is best choice for serious gamers because its affordable system and you can show off your gamescore to friends. PC is actually the best one but spenting over 2,000 dollars on PC? PS3 is great but not much of games to convince us yet. I do want GTHD for PS3 but it doesnt come out yet. As for Wii it is body action playing system which parents approve kids playing it because 360 and PS3 the kids just sit and they get fatter which is biggest concerns in this world now days. Lucky I work and sweats and I aint worrying about it.

Oh trust me, Halo 3 will come to PC soon. Soon they'll release a PC port of Halo 2 with added contents for a PC version of XBOX Live.

It wouldn't release in next 2 years.

Halo 2 was released in 2004 for Xbox 360 but not released on PC in 2007.

Hate to say... Xbox 360 is just rebirth of Sega Genesis.

There's no 360 games that released on HD-DVD, also MS don't allow that or would upset many gamers.

For PS3 price, it is big part from BD drive, HDMI 1.3 port and cell processor but Xbox 360 use HDMI 1.2, that which is big cheap for MS to do that, also HDMI 1.3 is better than HDMI 1.2.

It wouldn't release in next 2 years.

Halo 2 was released in 2004 for Xbox 360 but not released on PC in 2007.

Yeah they always wait 2-3 years before they release Halo on PC. Halo 3 would be 2-3 years on PC. Xbox is smart dude forcing Halo lovers to get xbox. Good thing I am not Halo fan but I like to play FPS games anyhoo.

I don't really like Halo. Half-life 2 is much BETTER than Halo3.

WiiMote do work fine for Mac,Linux, and Windows.

I said I knew Wii is going up but for the serious gamers we are into bigger gaming system which is xbox 360 and PS3. Yeah there are alot of kids playing Wii and some of adults that has kids also own these Mature games or the adults that couldn't afford PS3 and Xbox 360 so they has no choice but to get Wii instead. Have you seen Wii's graphics? Very horrible. No HDMI for Wii as well. There's no realistic racing game in Wii anyhoo.

You forgot PS3 offer free online service too. Yeah Xbox 360 charge us 54.99 a year for Gold Xbox Live this is enable to play online with friends... but Xbox does offer free online which is Silver membership you can send messages to friends and download demos and etc off the xbox marketplace. It does not bother me at all paying 55 a year for online service with 360 because I have a job and plenty money.

Overall 360 is best choice for serious gamers because its affordable system and you can show off your gamescore to friends. PC is actually the best one but spenting over 2,000 dollars on PC? PS3 is great but not much of games to convince us yet. I do want GTHD for PS3 but it doesnt come out yet. As for Wii it is body action playing system which parents approve kids playing it because 360 and PS3 the kids just sit and they get fatter which is biggest concerns in this world now days. Lucky I work and sweats and I aint worrying about it.

PS3 online service is not free. They still expect you to pay fees and pay for downloadable content like PS1 games.

I don't really like Halo. Half-life 2 is much BETTER than Halo3.

WiiMote do work fine for Mac,Linux, and Windows.

Yep, just get a bluetooth adaptor and download homemade drivers for the wiimote and it will act like a mouse.

PS3 online service is not free. They still expect you to pay fees and pay for downloadable content like PS1 games.

Fees?

Um, the online service is free. You can play games online free of charge. You can download movie previews, game demos, etc for free. We get a gamertag free of charge too as well.

The PS store do offer games for people to buy and download. They are mostly around 5 to 10 dollars each.

On Nintendo, people probably will be able to play online for free. But you do have to pay for games from the virtual console, nothing wrong with that.

With Xbox Live, you have to pay for the access and a gamertag. Then you still have to pay for downloadable games, levels, etc. So in a sense, it's not really a good deal. Microsoft is using Xbox Live to recoup all of the losses from selling Xbox 360 consoles.

Yep, just get a bluetooth adaptor and download homemade drivers for the wiimote and it will act like a mouse.

All Mac computers come equipped with bluetooth technology, a lot of PC computers do too as well.

Back