NHL Trades

Oilers to finally decide on Seguin or Hall

After 10 months of debate, the largest question surrounding the 2010 Entry Draft is about to be answered -- Tyler or Taylor?

Edmonton Oilers General Manager Steve Tambellini, the only person with the power to answer that question, will make his way to the podium at Staples Center on June 25 (7 p.m ET, VERSUS, TSN) and pick between the two dynamic Ontario Hockey League scorers.

We will know this shortly! By the same token, I wonder who the Habs
will pick, we have 27th :shock: It will be also interesting to see all the
changes in the teams, it's not xmas but almost:lol:

It was fun, I didn't get Taylor Hall's autograph but my uncle and his grandsons' did. I just took a snap shot and did get Willie O' Ree autograph for a special dear friend , personalized one :) I had the best time meeting Mr. O'Ree very down to earth gentleman. I will see if I can post pics here :)

Nice! Well your Uncle and his grandson got Taylor's so that's good!
Plus you got Mr. O'Ree's as well ! :) and personalized! Plus pics so
all in all a good day, grats to you Oceanblue7 :) Drafts are starting!
Post pics if you can ! :)

draft picks round 1

draftround1.jpg

Source: NHL Home

Last edited by a moderator:
The Habs had to trade up to get Jarred Tinordi that they badly wanted to get at pick no. 22. I think it is a great pick because he is a huge, towering defenseman with a mean streak and great leadership skill. His father used to play in NHL with the Stars and Capitals for 12 years.

The Habs had to trade up to get Jarred Tinordi that they badly wanted to get at pick no. 22. I think it is a great pick because he is a huge, towering defenseman with a mean streak and great leadership skill. His father used to play in NHL with the Stars and Capitals for 12 years.

Yep agreed! Looks like a good move they made.
At 6 feet 6 inches tall he is a towering defenseman!
Think his Dad was very proud yesterday, same with
his Mom, tears and all!

Certainly some big surprises with some expected picks that went down than possible... but that Jarred Tinordi certainly is perfect for the Habs as they need a mean streak defenseman that can be able to do anything and help the Habs well enough.. I hope that works out...

frozen_late_062510_std.jpg

I was delighted when the Oilers selected Taylor Hall as expected and was surprised when Florida chose Eric Gudbranson who was ranked number 5 in the The Hockey News mag for drafting players over #3 ranked Cam Fowler who later went to the Anaheim Ducks who chose him at #12... I however was happy to see a few Manitobans chosen in the first round, Dylan McIlrarth who went to the New York Rangers at #10 and Quinton Howden who went #25 to Florida Panthers (that number 25 pick was traded by Vancouver to Florida)

LAKingsCourt041.jpg
LAKingsCourt004.jpg
LAKingsCourt008-1-1.jpg

June 24, 2010 L.A. Kings home Prospect Clinic

frozen_late_062510_std.jpg

I was delighted when the Oilers selected Taylor Hall as expected and was surprised when Florida chose Eric Gudbranson who was ranked number 5 in the The Hockey News mag for drafting players over #3 ranked Cam Fowler who later went to the Anaheim Ducks who chose him at #12... I however was happy to see a few Manitobans chosen in the first round, Dylan McIlrarth who went to the New York Rangers at #10 and Quinton Howden who went #25 to Florida Panthers (that number 25 pick was traded by Vancouver to Florida)

Yep. good move from the Oilers! And yes there were a few surprises
like you mentioned, like the one with Fowler, as Anaheim were glad
he was still there at their turn for drafting! Looks like Dylan McIlrarth
will fit in perfectly with the Rangers style of play, a good deal for them!

:ty:I love to take pictures :)

I am glad you enjoyed them.

:ty:I love to take pictures :)

I am glad you enjoyed them.

There are some special hockey pics (special to me) I'd like
to share with everyone,so one of these days I'll search for
them (they are downstairs in boxes) so it'll take awhile because
I have to search for them but I will post them eventually.:)

They include when I went to Hockey School here in the West Island
of Montreal at John Abbott College, we had coaches Jacques Lemaire,
Yvan Cournoyer and Larry Robinson amongst others and also a sport
magazine that does not exist anymore that has pics of Patrick Roy and
the Habs last time they won the Stanley Cup in '93!

:lol: July 1st I know you must be excited.

About your pic, take your time on that when you can and want to share with us :) You had some awesome coaches :)

South Florida a tougher place to visit

LOS ANGELES -- Florida Panthers General Manager Dale Tallon said his goal is to make South Florida a tougher place to visit.

He started that process by picking three giant players in the first round Friday, and continued that trend Saturday on Day 2 of the 2010 Entry Draft.

The Panthers made 10 of the first 99 picks, and all but one of them was taller than 6-foot and six weighed more than 190 pounds.

Leading that group was the third pick of the draft, 6-4, 195-pound defenseman Erik Gudbranson, who could play in the NHL next season. At No. 19 he picked 6-4, 188-pound center Nick Bjugstad, and at No. 25 he selected 6-2, 188-pound center Quinton Howden.

"We want to make it tougher to play in Florida than it has been in the past," Tallon said. "Teams have come to Florida on a little bit of a break and come out of there with two easy points. That's not going to happen any more and this is a start.

"We're going big and fast. That's what we did in the Windy City and we'll try to do it in Florida. That's what the blueprint is."

He stayed with that plan with his three second-round picks -- Sudbury Wolves center John McFarland (6-foot, 192), Red Deer Rebels defenseman Alexander Petrovic (6-4, 193) and Des Moines center Connor Brickley (6-foot, 190).

Having McFarland available at No. 33 was a bit of a surprise, as NHL Central Scouting had him No. 15 on its final ranking of North American skaters.

"We were looking forward to this morning because he was the first guy on our list coming here and we were fortunate enough to get him," Tallon said. "I like his grit, I like his quickness, I like his shot, I like his determination. His interview (at the NHL Scouting Combine) went really well. … He's got a little dimension of nastiness to him. We're very happy we got him this morning right off the bat."

Source: 2010 NHL Draft: What's Been Said - Florida Panthers - 2010 NHL Draft

Canadiens, Predators engage in three-player swap NHL.com The Nashville Predators sent a pair of unrestricted free agents to the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday in exchange for restricted free agent forward Sergei Kostitsyn.

In return for Kostitsyn, the Canadiens acquired goaltender Dan Ellis and forward Dustin Boyd. A fifth-round conditional pick in the 2012 Entry Draft could also be transferred from one team to the other depending on whether each player signs with his new team or if his rights end up being traded.

The 23-year-old Kostitsyn was a seventh-round pick of the Canadiens in the 2005 Entry Draft and played parts of three seasons with his older brother Andrei in Montreal. In 155 NHL games, he has recorded 24 goals and 68 points, including 7 goals and 18 points in 47 games this past season. He was scoreless in five playoff games.

Ellis, 30, was a second-round pick by the Stars in 2000. He won his NHL debut for Dallas during the 2003-04 season, then resurfaced in 2007-08 with the Predators. Ellis won a career-high 23 games for Nashville that season with a 2.34 goals-against average and .924 save percentage, but his numbers declined and he lost playing time the past two seasons following the emergence of Pekka Rinne. In 111 NHL games, Ellis has a 50-42-8 record with 10 shutouts, a 2.64 GAA and a .912 save percentage.

Boyd, 23, split last season between the Flames and Predators, totaling 11 goals and 24 points in 78 games. He was scoreless in four playoff games for Nashville. A third-round pick by Calgary in the 2004 Entry Draft, Boyd has 31 goals and 62 points in 210 NHL games.

Source: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=533199
------------------------
S.Kostytsin surely will be happier now and so will the Habs, ("whether each player signs with his new team or if his rights end up being traded") I think Sergei has alot of talent, wish he would of clicked with the Montreal organization. Don't know if Montreal will try and sign both (Ellis and Boyd), they will most likely sign Dan Ellis as second goalie though, unless they got other plans for July 1st.

Ellis got very excited when he found out he was traded to Montreal. He said his agent and he was trying to get something worked out soon.

I love this trade and it is important for the Habs to sign both players. Boyd is much tougher, quicker and faster than Metropolit so he would be an excellent replacement!

LOS ANGELES -- Florida Panthers General Manager Dale Tallon said his goal is to make South Florida a tougher place to visit.

He started that process by picking three giant players in the first round Friday, and continued that trend Saturday on Day 2 of the 2010 Entry Draft.

The Panthers made 10 of the first 99 picks, and all but one of them was taller than 6-foot and six weighed more than 190 pounds.

Leading that group was the third pick of the draft, 6-4, 195-pound defenseman Erik Gudbranson, who could play in the NHL next season. At No. 19 he picked 6-4, 188-pound center Nick Bjugstad, and at No. 25 he selected 6-2, 188-pound center Quinton Howden.

"We want to make it tougher to play in Florida than it has been in the past," Tallon said. "Teams have come to Florida on a little bit of a break and come out of there with two easy points. That's not going to happen any more and this is a start.

"We're going big and fast. That's what we did in the Windy City and we'll try to do it in Florida. That's what the blueprint is."

He stayed with that plan with his three second-round picks -- Sudbury Wolves center John McFarland (6-foot, 192), Red Deer Rebels defenseman Alexander Petrovic (6-4, 193) and Des Moines center Connor Brickley (6-foot, 190).

Having McFarland available at No. 33 was a bit of a surprise, as NHL Central Scouting had him No. 15 on its final ranking of North American skaters.

"We were looking forward to this morning because he was the first guy on our list coming here and we were fortunate enough to get him," Tallon said. "I like his grit, I like his quickness, I like his shot, I like his determination. His interview (at the NHL Scouting Combine) went really well. … He's got a little dimension of nastiness to him. We're very happy we got him this morning right off the bat."

What he is doing is like he had done with Chicago.

Ellis got very excited when he found out he was traded to Montreal. He said his agent and he was trying to get something worked out soon.

I love this trade and it is important for the Habs to sign both players. Boyd is much tougher, quicker and faster than Metropolit so he would be an excellent replacement!

Think they will both fit in very nicely with the Habs, agreed!
Glad to hear Ellis is excited about it and as you said about
Boyd, he is tougher and quicker then Metropolit and I also
agree he would make a better replacement, think that Metropolit,
if not signed will be disapointed because he liked Montreal and the
team, but eh! That's how hockey goes.

Back