NHL Trades

goHabsgo

Reaction score
"Halak trade has Habs fans singing the blues
In return for Halak, the Canadiens acquired prospect forwards Lars Eller and Ian Schultz."

Lars Eller has potential and Ian Shultz, I have read that, he is more often in the penalty box then on the ice. So Habs will most likely give Lars Eller his shot at playing and send Ian Shultz to the habs farm team, the Hamilton Bulldogs.

So Carey Price becomes goalie number one at the moment, who will second him, we don't know for now! Was it a good trade for Habs management? At the moment, it's hard to tell, it will depend on Lars Eller and Carey Price. Then again the trading season does not end until July first if not mistaking, so anything can happen still. This was also a decision based on money since J.Halak could have ask much more this year based on such a good performance in the playoffs.

There might be some interesting trade rumors leading up to the NHL Draft which is to be held in Los Angeles for June 25 and 26..who know how many trades might be floating around.. should be interesting...

Wirelessly posted

Sharky99 said:
There might be some interesting trade rumors leading up to the NHL Draft which is to be held in Los Angeles for June 25 and 26..who know how many trades might be floating around.. should be interesting...

That might be a big event around town on those dates. I will keep my eyes open if I hear anything to check it out.

Definetly will be Sharky!

Wirelessly posted

That might be a big event around town on those dates. I will keep my eyes open if I hear anything to check it out.

OceanBlue...

There will be a Prospects Clinic on Thursday, June 24, free and open to the public, taking place at Toyota Sports Center from 10:30 - 11:15 a.m.

Wish I could go! Good timing for rookie autographs as well! :)

Taken from NHL Draft Schedule of Events - Los Angeles Kings - News

Yep.. what would be shaking out of the trees for the trading at the Draft.. should be interesting for the leading into the draft...

As for the autographs from the rookies.. dang I wish I was there but danggggg oh well...

Scott Niedermayer retires.... there ya have it.. I wasn't surprised he might be leaning toward that.... here the story in the link..

Scott Niedermayer retires after brilliant career - 2010 Offseason News

Now I know Teemu Selanne is still deciding whether to play or retire.. in my mind, I hope Teemu come back home to Winnipeg to play for the AHL Manitoba Moose but I am sure he would decide soon what to do and I do treasure seeing Teemu as a Winnipeg Jets after all these years....

Scott Niedermayer retires.... there ya have it.. I wasn't surprised he might be leaning toward that.... here the story in the link..

Scott Niedermayer retires after brilliant career - 2010 Offseason News

Now I know Teemu Selanne is still deciding whether to play or retire.. in my mind, I hope Teemu come back home to Winnipeg to play for the AHL Manitoba Moose but I am sure he would decide soon what to do and I do treasure seeing Teemu as a Winnipeg Jets after all these years....

At least Scott N. remains as a consultant for the team.
He was also a great addition to the Canadian Olympic team!
And best of luck for Teemu if he decides to stay and if Winnipeg
as a team again. Maybe we will find out if we have 2 new teams
this year shortly, hopefully. The next couple of days are going to be interesting!

OceanBlue...

There will be a Prospects Clinic on Thursday, June 24, free and open to the public, taking place at Toyota Sports Center from 10:30 - 11:15 a.m.

Wish I could go! Good timing for rookie autographs as well! :)

Taken from NHL Draft Schedule of Events - Los Angeles Kings - News

It was a nice beautiful breezy day at the L.A. Kings court. I got a chance to see the pro's skate in the rink with the L.A. Kings kiddie team. I was moving around snapping pics and this one lady asked me if my son was on the team. I replied, no, I am taking pics of Taylor Hall and others. My cousin's son plays hockey on the kiddie (boys were like 10 years old) team not at L.A. Kings court, he was there watching. I learned this lady is from Toronto, Canada. She was amazed to see her son on the same ice as those pro players. I said, he's lucky to be a part of this. My poor cousin's boy was wishing he was on the ice, felt bad for him poor little guy. The lady was nice, she mentioned to me that her son wouldn't have this opportunity in Canada due to the popularity. She was one proud mommy and her husband filming away. I did get a chance to meet a legendary hockey player and the first black man to be in hockey Willie O' Ree. He's a very nice man. I did mention to him that my friend couldn't be here to enjoy the event and he said, "send him my regards"
Tomorrow, will be a big day , the drafting at Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA. Good luck to those players!

Kabrele will may be gone tonight according to some twitters.

Kabrele will may be gone tonight according to some twitters.

Ya gotta be kidding me, man.. where would Kabrele go?? and who would be the lame sucker to give Burke what he want!?!?!? lol should be interestinggggg....

Ya gotta be kidding me, man.. where would Kabrele go?? and who would be the lame sucker to give Burke what he want!?!?!? lol should be interestinggggg....

Now Burke has four solid offers on the able and he said he would expect two more offers tonight.

It was a nice beautiful breezy day at the L.A. Kings court. I got a chance to see the pro's skate in the rink with the L.A. Kings kiddie team. I was moving around snapping pics and this one lady asked me if my son was on the team. I replied, no, I am taking pics of Taylor Hall and others. My cousin's son plays hockey on the kiddie (boys were like 10 years old) team not at L.A. Kings court, he was there watching. I learned this lady is from Toronto, Canada. She was amazed to see her son on the same ice as those pro players. I said, he's lucky to be a part of this. My poor cousin's boy was wishing he was on the ice, felt bad for him poor little guy. The lady was nice, she mentioned to me that her son wouldn't have this opportunity in Canada due to the popularity. She was one proud mommy and her husband filming away. I did get a chance to meet a legendary hockey player and the first black man to be in hockey Willie O' Ree. He's a very nice man. I did mention to him that my friend couldn't be here to enjoy the event and he said, "send him my regards"
Tomorrow, will be a big day , the drafting at Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA. Good luck to those players!

Oh my god.... Looks like you had a great day *jealous* I would of
loved taking my daughter to that event! It must of been great! Did
you get Taylor Hall's autograph? Think Tyler Seguin will be the 2nd
pick this year. Lucky also to have met Willie O' Ree, did you get his
autograph? hehe! Glad you had a good day :)

They have had to move several of their players because they are having severe salary cap issues. The most important thing is they have protected their core players.

Yep definetly, it's also a money management game with salary caps
and all, also as you mentioned, the hawks are protecting their core
players, so in that venue all is good!

wiki on Kaberle

kaberle1.jpg

For some of us who don't know too much
or nothing about Kaberle, here's a little bit
of wiki...

Tomáš Kaberle (Czech pronunciation: [ˈtomaːʃ ˈkabɛrlɛ]; born March 2, 1978 in Rakovník, Czechoslovakia) is a Czech professional ice hockey defenceman. He serves as an alternate captain for the Toronto Maple Leafs of the National Hockey League (NHL), and currently remains the longest-serving player on the team, having played his first game for the Leafs in 1998.

A four time NHL All-Star, Kaberle also plays for the Czech national ice hockey team and won a bronze medal with the team at the 2006 Winter Olympics. Kaberle is currently the second-highest scoring defenceman in Maple Leafs franchise history, behind only Börje Salming.

His older brother František, who is also a defenceman for HC Kladno; their father, František, Sr., played for the Czechoslovakian national ice hockey team in the 1970s.

Last edited:
Now Burke has four solid offers on the able and he said he would expect two more offers tonight.

OOO Shit... gonna be interesting.. ya gonna watch the Draft on tv on TSN?? I plan on watching it and taping the news at the same time.. hehe... I gonna root for the Oilers to select Taylor Hall!!!! GO Oilers go!!

Oh my god.... Looks like you had a great day *jealous* I would of
loved taking my daughter to that event! It must of been great! Did
you get Taylor Hall's autograph? Think Tyler Seguin will be the 2nd
pick this year. Lucky also to have met Willie O' Ree, did you get his
autograph? hehe! Glad you had a good day :)

It was fun, I didn't get Taylor Hall's autograph but my uncle and his grandsons' did. I just took a snap shot and did get Willie O' Ree autograph for a special dear friend , personalized one :) I had the best time meeting Mr. O'Ree very down to earth gentleman. I will see if I can post pics here :)

Back