NEW Vpad+ is released today!

The one in my office, havebattery source for the VPAD :)

I use cleawire internet. It is very slow and interpreter can't see me well. Also, I tried vpad+ at wifi place like starbuck, but I can't call to sorenson VP with direct phone number because it shows black screen, so I want them to fix this problem

Last edited:
Viable VPADs and other Videophones needs to re-route the number into the right path like the uPNP

I want to say something about VPAD+

It just blow my mind out...

Yes.. I say it, it not much same as MVP but again VPAD+ rate is overall that I see so far!

Yes I have seen myself with MVP caller and not try to negative about that but that what I seen.

Again, I am impress with the VPAD+ done good job but one negative part... no battery but will definitely to get other one for my wife at her work. So she can use VRS, again it blow my mind.

Yep it worth it...

Ok, I have a question for you all. if you dont mind addressing them. They are related anyways.

How do they verify one is deaf with these devices? Without some sorta verification I think hearies could slip in and start using these devices at the reduced cost, or even free in many cases, that we get them for. These devices are specifically for the deaf and hard of hearing after all!!

Can you carry this device around like a laptop? I think it would be susceptible to easily breaking if one is not extremly careful.

Ok, I have a question for you all. if you dont mind addressing them. They are related anyways.

How do they verify one is deaf with these devices? Without some sorta verification I think hearies could slip in and start using these devices at the reduced cost, or even free in many cases, that we get them for. These devices are specifically for the deaf and hard of hearing after all!!

Can you carry this device around like a laptop? I think it would be susceptible to easily breaking if one is not extremly careful.

Who cares if it was a hearing person who uses videophone? They have a purpose to use it since they have deaf friends.

And yes, you can use the VPAD as a laptop, but you need to have wirless adaptor for the old version of VPAD, but the VPAD+ already has it, the only less thing is that they don't have in built battery. So mainly, it will remain in the house.

Who cares if it was a hearing person who uses videophone? They have a purpose to use it since they have deaf friends.

If they are buying the device an using it to communicate with the deaf and/or hard of hearing then no one should not have a problem with that. That is a legit use of a video phone by a hearing person and no one should have a problem with that.

That being said, I am almost certain there are hearing who slip in and get these devices and use the various video relay services as we do since there is no verification of who is deaf or hard of hearing.

That's actually frauding the government of funds for a hearing person to use any vrs service with these devices. The "Telecommunications Relay Fund" was set up by the fcc to fund through the use of these devices video relay services for the deaf and hard of hearing not the hearing.

Therefore, It illegaly (fraudently) takes money from the government for those who actually need these devices to communicate for a hearing person to use a vrs service through them.

Oh, and If I remember correctly, viable, ojo, sorenson, etc.. video phones are not for sale to the hearing. D-link and a few others have video phones for hearing people who want to use a video phone to communicate with the deaf.

If they are buying the device an using it to communicate with the deaf and/or hard of hearing then no one should not have a problem with that. That is a legit use of a video phone by a hearing person and no one should have a problem with that.

That being said, I am almost certain there are hearing who slip in and get these devices and use the various video relay services as we do since there is no verification of who is deaf or hard of hearing. And that in its self is wrong!

It's actually frauding the government of funds for a hearing person to use any vrs service with these devices. The "Telecommunications Relay Fund" was set up by the fcc to fund through these devices video relay services for the deaf and hard of hearing not the hearing.

Thus, It illegaly takes money from the government for those who actually need these devices to communicate for a hearing person to use a vrs service through them.

Oh, and If I remember correctly, viable, ojo, sorenson, etc.. video phones are not for sale to the hearing. D-link and a few others have video phones for hearing people who want to use a video phone to communicate with the deaf.

No, Jasin, I am afraid that you're wrong.

- Videophones are available for everyone, for example the Dlink DVC -100 videophone devices can be found in nearby technology stores, hearing people can find different ways to reduce their telephony bills, by using videophones, becuase they only need to pay for the internet.

- Only Sorenson is not allowed to sell videophones, but Viable doesnt have the similar policy to sell these devices, Viable sells the devices for the deaf on a limited time, at $99 and then is open for sale to everyone for $699, that's why some of the different VRS companies have their obigilations and different policies. Viable only have their VRS funded by the government and its FCC, the devices have nothing to do with this. Viable VPADs are not free. This applies to CSDVRS.

- HOVRS, Sorenson, and other similar VRS companies, have their own (some doesn't) videophone, mainly for example VP -200 and MVP, both are eventually funded by FCC and the government and remains under their property. They are free. It is just like you rent them for free from the companies, it applies the MVP from HOVRS.

Do you understand what I am saying?

No, Jasin, I am afraid that you're wrong.

- Videophones are available for everyone, for example the Dlink DVC -100 videophone devices can be found in nearby technology stores, hearing people can find different ways to reduce their telephony bills, by using videophones, becuase they only need to pay for the internet.

- Only Sorenson is not allowed to sell videophones, but Viable doesnt have the similar policy to sell these devices, Viable sells the devices for the deaf on a limited time, at $99 and then is open for sale to everyone for $699, that's why some of the different VRS companies have their obigilations and different policies. Viable only have their VRS funded by the government and its FCC, the devices have nothing to do with this. Viable VPADs are not free. This applies to CSDVRS.

- HOVRS, Sorenson, and other similar VRS companies, have their own (some doesn't) videophone, mainly for example VP -200 and MVP, both are eventually funded by FCC and the government and remains under their property. They are free. It is just like you rent them for free from the companies, it applies the MVP from HOVRS.

Do you understand what I am saying?

That is not what I was saying though. I was saying that video relay services are not for the hearing; there are laws and regulations that specifically state these service are for the deaf, hard of hearing, and speech impaired.

see: TRS Rules

Last edited:
Mod Note:

Ok let's get back on topic please and keep it clean. :ty:

Back